Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The End-all jungle thread.

Creator: Lugignaf August 1, 2011 2:16pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 5:45pm | Report
I meant, Xai, Mr. 1700 ELO, said he was terrible and now, stonewall, unknown ELO to me, says he's super good.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 5:48pm | Report

i never said jungle maokai was bad o.o

jungle nasus i'm still iffy on but if it becomes fotm eventually i'll eat my words

until his Q has a low as **** cap, then jungle nasus will be bad.

He doesn't have a whole lot of power in the jungle anyways - though his ganks are pretty good.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:09pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

until his Q has a low as **** cap, then jungle nasus will be bad.

He doesn't have a whole lot of power in the jungle anyways - though his ganks are pretty good.

Actually... Nasus is bad in the jungle BECAUSE his Q has no cap.

If it didn't, there would be no reason not to jungle him because his lane is SO terrible early on.
Tri lane for life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:17pm | Report
About Maokai -

He's actually a REALLY strong counter jungler and ganker, he just lacks in sustained jungling and how it fits into his build...

Other than that, I'm surprised there's no Olaf or Jarvan, I'd be able to think of more, but whatever.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:19pm | Report
The list right now is the people I have experience with and that people have told me about. I don't own either Jarvan or Olaf so, if you have jungle info on them, preferably in Jebus' format, please leave it here.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:23pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

The list right now is the people I have experience with and that people have told me about. I don't own either Jarvan or Olaf so, if you have jungle info on them, preferably in Jebus' format, please leave it here.

I'll go through champions and make a list.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:28pm | Report
Ahhh, I see!

Well I made some comments on Maokai!

Olaf is the fastest jungler in the game (tested by actual times), but other than that he doesn't have much going for him. He can 1v1 pretty well, but his ganks are kind of bad. Thankfully he isn't TOO bad at sustained jungling.

For Jarvan -
Deadly early game and post-6 ganks, very strong counter jungle, but his build is greatly effected by having to throw a Cloth Armour in there somewhere, he either has to get a Wriggle's (which you don't usually get) or build something out of it, and there isn't much that Jarvan wants, you don't need a Randuin's THAT early...
Decent survivability from his flag, but nothing to write home about.

For Yi -
Terrible survivability, but decent speeds and a pretty good item from the build makes him a pretty good choice. Ganks can put a lot of pressure on if he has red buff too, without red his ganks are laughable if the laner doesn't have a heavy CC or red buff.

Also, Nocturne really doesn't need blue...
I play Nocturne a lot, I only ever need the first one, I don't build any mana/mana regen items and I never run oom :/

That's all I can be bothered to post for now.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:36pm | Report
Is Olaf still the fastest? I believe that Yi and Udyr are potentially just as fast, if not faster.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:38pm | Report
Yi isn't that fast.. (If I remember properly)

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 6:38pm | Report

Is Olaf still the fastest? I believe that Yi and Udyr are potentially just as fast, if not faster.

Pheonix udyr is about 10 second slower, Yi is potentially as fast, but will probably never actually be that fast in a real game. (read: Not dependably THAT fast, but he's still super quick)
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide