Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Theorycraft - Teleportway

Creator: Jebus McAzn November 26, 2010 11:02am
1 2 3
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 11:02am | Report
So a friend of mine suggested this idea a while back and I want to know if it could actually work. Essentially you've got a team consisting of:

Twisted Fate (DPS)
Pantheon (AD)
Shen (Tank)
Teemo (AP)
TBD

The core idea of the team is to have three extremely mobile champions that destroy towers and gank extremely quickly. With something like Teamspeak or Ventrilo, the three core players (TF, Shen, and Pantheon) all push one tower simultaneously in mid-game. As the enemy team comes rushing to defend it, TF, Shen, and Pantheon simultaneously use their ultimates, go across the map, and destroy another tower. The three of them all take Teleport and use Teemo's mushrooms as checkpoints across the map.

So basically the premise of the team is complete map dominance through mobility and map awareness, combined with the fact that many teams are unable to react in an organized fashion to this tactic.

My friend and I both thought that this would be a good idea, so I'm asking the community if there are any notable flaws. I can only think of one at the moment: Lack of strength in team fights.

Ideally, the gold you receive from taking out all the towers and pushing repeatedly will have your characters be inherently better during the endgame than theirs are. Still, this team loses outright in a straight up 5v5 against an organized AoE team. That's one reason I'm actually considering Blitzcrank as the last character, to initiate fights by pulling enemies in while also filling the role of a second tank.

Thoughts?
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 11:27am | Report
Its a nice thought, and I've been working on something similar. I do think that you should have that last champ be someone that can push turrets solo.

If Panth, TF, and Shen are pushing bottom turret, than Teemo and the other can push the top. Thats two turrets a push. And using teleport to shrooms can make it three. One bottom and two on top.

What you also have is the ability to Tele-gank. A great strategy in this game. You can easily set up not only shrooms but Wards. These can help the team greatly. Drop them at Buffs and dragon and you can port in for the steal. Teleporting, with great communication, can win you the game due to great map awareness and control.

Id like to see how this works out for you and your friend. Please post some vids of this idea. Id love to see it in action

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 2:03pm | Report
The problem for me right now is getting the people together to do this... T_T

So yeah, who do you recommend as a 5th character?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 3:00pm | Report
i did something like this once, where everyone took a champ with a global ult. we had shen/tf/panth and then another we had was ezreal. a pretty useful champion if you ask me.

i think the other person we had was karthus.

and you could always take soraka or ashe.

those 4 champions are suggested for their global map ultimate. plus ashe is a great pusher.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 7:39pm | Report
Speaking of which, me and a couple friends just did this yesterday. We used Shen, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, Master Yi, and Teemo. The first three obviously because they can teleport anywhere. Some of used teleport on Teemo's shrooms and Master Yi has insane tower dropping abilities. Teemo can as well. Great map control. Not much of a team fighting group though. Definitely avoid team fights. Works very well though as a backdoor team, as long as you have random distractions. :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 9:11pm | Report
Yeah, I was considering Yi just because he's a fantastic tower killer. However, having only one tank worries me.

I imagine that what with the gold your team gets from the organized ganks and the tower kills, you'll be so well fed that by late game, you'll be dominating team fights anyway.

Soraka isn't a bad idea; she'd get tons of assists off the ganks just by using her ultimate.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 11:09pm | Report
If you want another tank, Why not Rammus?

He can have insane movement speed so even though he cant teleport he can move fast as hell. Also a great champ for killing towers. Build him right and he be damn nead impossilbe to kill

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 11:19pm | Report
I think if you were to pull a team like this off, you'll want to avoid team fights all together and force the enemies to stay back to defend their turrets unless they want to lose em because even if you do have an initiator, you're gonna get stomped.

If your mid is getting pushed hard, no worries, get someone on the top and bottom lanes to push a bit over there. Mid heading up top? 3 at mid push harder, top runs away while bot pushes. They heading back mid? Go bot. They going bot? Teleport mid or top.

The important thing about this type of team is in general, to keep all lanes pushed all the time, a bad thing to see is a surge of red near your turret on the minimap.

Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 11:33pm | Report
I have to agree with Wong. If you can keep lanes pushed, they will have to decide what they want to lose. With that kind of lane aggression, assuming you dont over do it and get ganked while your Teleport is on CD, you can easily take advantage of buff farming. That kind of map control is what you would want to strive for too.

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2010 1:30am | Report
Oh, yes Rammus is awesome for getting to the towers and dropping them. Thank you for reminding me.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide