Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Thresh Roles

Creator: ChaosPT January 26, 2013 2:40am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2013 7:38pm | Report
I havent found a problem with him yet. Though as stated his Q is very easy to telegraph. The Box doesn't need touched. it's perfect the way it is and has so many uses.

E is fine to, though I feel like the damage it does it next to nothing, perhaps a small buff to the base damage on it.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 6:25am | Report
Yeah, base damage buff on e would make jungling with him a HELL of alot easier. Im all for that!
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 8:29am | Report
i dont really feel he should fit the jungling role. he should be where real farm is.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 9:26am | Report

If they increased his attack range at all he would just be stupid OP. Either that or really weak, the rest of his scaling on abilities is pretty bad. He just needs a little fine tuning to work out the kinks and make him flow a bit easier.

No perm autorange increase just sth like "After using Flay Thresh gains X range on his next autottack" sth that would synergy with his Q, together with some minor overall fixes/tweaks/buffs he wouldn't have a kit that contradicts itself...

But that's just my opinion on him.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 9:37am | Report
Well, that wouldn't make much sense... Flay has a relatively short range (i believe it is just a touch shorter than his AA range? Not entirely certain though), so if he uses flay, there is no reason his AA should be longer, since if flay hits, the opponents are already within your AA range as it is.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 10:48am | Report
I mentioned that IMO Flay knockback is also too short.

Not saying that you need to knock the *****es half across the map, but using Flay (The whole idea with the +range alltogether) was only an example of what could be done.

I mean:
Giving him more range in whatever form contradicts itself, since he's meant to stick close to the enemy.

BUT

He already contradicts himself, having the armor dump and the retreat rope, while the only viable playstyle seems to be tank/support-tank.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 12:42pm | Report
During crucial lategame teamfights he is ment to be in the thick of things as a tank, but during lanephase and midgame skirmishes his utility shines for getting people in and out of situations. It doesnt make him contradictory, it makes him flexible and viable through every point in the game.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 2:24pm | Report
Nothing against it, but that means the only things he's capable of are:

a) Pull back/shield the ADC after he got himself in a tight situation.
b) Hook in one of the enemies so your ADC can take them down.

Let's say you max lantern first since it's the most logical choice in this situation.
Otherwise it wouldn't make sense, not to mention that you can't play too defensive or you'll end up losing souls->def.

So what are you going to do now in order to get some kills?
Hooking the enemy, only to be closer to him than your own ADC and while you're similar squishy?
And after that you can Flay him (which doesn't really drag him closer to your ADC) and throw your Lantern in order to gain a shield, which is pretty meh compared to other supporters heals/shields?

tl;dr
He's meant to be played aggressively, but IMO his kit patially contradicts with this to a point where he will be his own worst enemy.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 2:31pm | Report

So far Miss Fortune and Ashe have been the only carries I have supported, Miss Fortune being the better of the two.

We did rather well together, but I must say, that Gangplank was too gud.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 4:57pm | Report
I'm not seeing how his kit contradicts itself at all. He's simply a tank with better tools to actually lane with a carry that Blitzcrank and Leona don't have; IE Ranged poke and a shield/escape move for the carry.

It's pretty obvious Riot attempted to make a support with a similar feel to Blitz that everyone loves, but with some changes and a more support feel to it.

Edit:

Also his shield is actually pretty damn broken when you look at it. It can completely save one ally, not to mention is shields EVERYONE around it. I don't think a single other champion can do that. His E the only really lackluster ability, but it's pro for stopping dashes and such.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide