Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Unstoppable force - he just won't stay down!

Creator: Capn_Evan January 3, 2012 3:06am
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 1:29am | Report
Rozsud3k wrote:

Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Capn_Evan
<Member>
Capn_Evan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 5:50am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Gimmicky.

Now consider a less gimmicky comp idea, which FUNCTIONALLY operates on a similar concept :P

Tryn solo top.

Morganna Mid.

Rammus/Maokai/Amumu/Singed Jungle

Vayne Bot

Yorick Bot.

Why is this better?

You have your Tryn top where he will farm and get huge and shut down enemy lane.

You have Vayne, ANOTHER high threat DPS like Tryn.

You have your Morganna MID, so she gets huge and her ultimate is a massive threat which makes it dangerous for your opponents to hard engage you, protecting your Vayne and your Tryn.

Jungle is the perfect place for a snag or a tank, because there's just enough gold to rush some Gp10, for full defense and support-ish tanky/CDR items. This allows them to snag fearlessly whoever they choose.

Support Yorick = still get Yorick ult, and suddenly you can Yorick ult either Vayne OR Tryndamere, and either one is going to plow ***es.

Alternate cheese comp which is slightly more gimmicky than the one with Morg mid;

Tryn top

Zil mid

Ram/Mao/Amu/Singed jungle

Vayne/Yorick or Kayle bot.

This is also a better version of what you listed :P

Good ideas, but the whole reason I listed Tryndamere, and not Vayne as the ultimate DPS, was because he has his own "staying alive" function with his ultimate. However, he is quite squishy to top champion early game (a good Malphite could shut him down) so I'd rather have him in jungle, where he does remarkably well after the changes.

I'd have problems if only Trynamere and Morgana laned together. Imagine if Kayle, Zilean and Yorick was in on the bargain too. Wouldn't he just be unstoppable? :P
Check out my In-depth Shaco guide here! Who needs rep, when you got new messages? ^_^ PM me for anything, if just to chat ^_^ I'm always ready for conversations :)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 9:50am | Report
I don't believe Malphite can shut Tryn down. I think that Tryn would have to be reeeeehtarhdeeddd. >:P

There isn't enough gold in the new jungle. You're gonna be basing a team comp around a starved Tryndamere. Bound to fail.

I know why you based it the way you did, it was obvious, but if you have 2 high threat DPS'ers you are going to force the enemy to pay attention to BOTH of your high threat generators. Not just the one that your entire comp is focused around. If they shut down your one threat in fights, it doesn't matter how long it lasts, you'll eventually lose.

If they shut down Tryn in a less gimmicky, more functional team comp, your Vayne runs a train on them. If they shut down Vayne, Yorick ults her, Vayne still does damage, and Tryn gets to run a train on them.

Your comp just has less options and less answers, and that's not good. Not to mention my Tryn will be huge because he solo'd top, and your Tryn will be weak because he jungled.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 9:53am | Report
Capn_Evan wrote:

I'd have problems if only Trynamere and Morgana laned together. Imagine if Kayle, Zilean and Yorick was in on the bargain too. Wouldn't he just be unstoppable? :P

Again there are answers to this. Gragas and Janna and Lee Sin come to mind. Grag removes Tryndamere from his team, or removes the team from Tryndamere. Janna CC's the ever loving **** out of him while he tries to go donkey kong. Lee Sin can kick him away from his team and lower his attack speed, leaving him pretty much dead. (Morg shield is not enough to counter all of this so don't bother bringing it up in this case... Morg shield is one skill.)

You have to realize that any time you put the entire focus on one champion, the enemy team has the opportunity to do the same thing, making their focus the simple task of shutting down your Tryn, but they can potentially have a real working team at the same time.
Capn_Evan
<Member>
Capn_Evan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 11:14am | Report
True words Duff, but in my team comp, Kayle is still a hybrid DPS. The thing is, it's a team comp that both works as a one-man-show thingy, and a real working team at the same time. It all depends really, Kayle might have to use her ulti on Yorick, and Yorick on for example Morgana. And it's true, there is too little gold in the jungle. The thing I like about the jungle though, is that you will be involved in the ganking of weak lanes, hence getting fed early will make you very strong. And before level 6, Tryndamere is easily shut down by tank champions with CC and a potent damage output. :) Nasus would completely dominate a lane vs Tryndamere alone.
Check out my In-depth Shaco guide here! Who needs rep, when you got new messages? ^_^ PM me for anything, if just to chat ^_^ I'm always ready for conversations :)
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Nasus has the early game presence to deal with tryndamere...

And if your team is forced to Kayle ult Yorick, and Yorick ult Morgana, there's something wrong.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 3:11pm | Report
Nope, Tryn kills Nasus around level 2-3 lol.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 3:17pm | Report
Nasus get owned by pretty much most common solo tops...
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 3:39pm | Report
omagma wrote:

Nasus get owned by pretty much most common solo tops...
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 4:20pm | Report
Duff used my quote....

sorry, i just fainted for a bit.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide