Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wit's End on Irelia/No Trin Force, Thoughts?

Creator: Trojan995 November 14, 2011 1:07pm
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 7:00pm | Report
I think a lot of his grievance with trinity force is because it doesn't provide much good for irelia until it's fully built.

The sheen proc is decent but not uber powerful until the upgrade, and it's made worse by the fact that sheen comes with two stats that one normally wouldn't build on irelia.

Phage is good for the slow and the AD, but HSGG said stacking lots of resistances is better than buying health because then you get more EHP heal from Hiten Style. (This explanation doesn't necessarily make a whole lot of sense, because Wickd has been using frozen mallet on Irelia recently)

Zeal has good stats for irelia in general, but the speed isn't incredibly impressive until the full upgrade, and alone it ends up lacking defenses for 1195 gold early in the game.

TL;DR zeal and sheen are hurtful to irelia's early game, so TF only shines once it's upgraded fully.

Disclaimer: This is how hotshotgg explained it on stream, not my personal opinion. However, my personal opinion is that this explanation does hold some water, but it's not an adequate explanation to say "TF is **** on irelia", just a way to justify not buying TF every game on her.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 11:17pm | Report
Yeah I would say it's an item you might build as your 4th or 5th not your first.

I agree with his logic but not his final evaluation.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 4:24am | Report
You know thanks to the new mastery I'm pretty sure you can go Triforce, Phantom Dancer, FoN, Wits End, Warmogs, Randuins with Speed Quints and still be 420+ MS...

The main reason Triforce is soo good is the MS, AS and the fact it makes your Q hurt. The health, damage and mana are good too.

But I've found Starks is a good call on Irelia too, but I've been running full AS on her for a long time now.
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 9:15am | Report
You're gonna want boots bubba.
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 7:25pm | Report
I was hearing wickd talk in state of the league today about his thoughts on trinity force. He, being renowned as a good irelia player said that trinity is terrible.

He said you dont need movement speed because irelia zooms to targets and gets around battle pretty easy. It seems he likes phange though.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 9:52pm | Report
I play Irelia as a tanky assassin... jump straight to dat carry and WIN IT.
Generally my build is along the lines of :tri force, wits end, and Warmogs. Tri force lets you burst carries really fast, Warmogs lets you stay in the fights, and wits end + W is beast.
And merc treads ofc. Also, if the game lasts past all the above items I tend to get either Starks or WotA if no one on my team has them and they would benefit the team. Both are okay-ish items on her, and if it's that late game and your rolling aura-less, these really help.
And although I would agree sheen isn't the best early item on her, nor is zeal, that seems like a bad reason not to get Tri force. The logic that it hurts your early game works, but is it so bad the end item itself, which you should get by mid game anyway, isn't good? Doesn't sound proof to me, simply b/c Tri force has so much potential power on her.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 2:07am | Report
1st of all it all depends on how you play. If you play assasin/burst type, maybe not TF but at least Sheen is a core item early. If you play her more dps style (hiten style) and/or jungler Wits end is a good item for that.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 3:29pm | Report
I've had a couple of high-damage irelia builds buzzing in my head lately.

The first one would be fatma's + merc treads + wit's end + GA + Infinity Edge.

Another would be fatma's + merc treads + GA + Spirit Visage + BT (trolololo never-die uber-sustain build).

I'm also trying to figure out if going 21/9/0 is better than 1/21/8 irelia. You pick up the armor and HP which is most of the reason for going defense but you do a TON more damage. You can also pick up the lifesteal mastery if you want sustain.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 4:03pm | Report
She's an awful excuse for an assassin. That' why people thought she sucked on release cause everyone played her like one.

She's infinitely better as a tanky DPS type leveling W for both lane sustain and damage, and thusly on hit items with big defenses just make the most sense right now.

She doesn't really scale with anything so as long as your damage is IN the items, (Wit's end, TF, Madred's, SotD) then you're doing fine.

Since there's a lot of damage in W, Defense + AS > Offense for Irelia.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 4:29pm | Report
I think a lot of the reason wit's end tank is so good on her is because it's so easy to get good defense and good offense at the same time. Frozen Mallet, Wit's End, tank items, and maybe something else for DPS if you can spare the survivability, makes her an ultra-beefy champion that can still shred health.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide