Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Would like an explanation as to why Zeke's...

Creator: Stomper February 9, 2014 3:26pm
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 3:26pm | Report
I never, ever see anybody buy Zeke's. Not even a jungle Lee who's missing 20% CDR who has an Aatrox top and a Zed mid.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zeke's_Herald

If you look at the wiki's cost analysis, it's about 100g under cost efficient without the aura. And it gives desirable stats (not HP regen or Mana regen, etc).

With that being said, why don't people ever pick Zeke's up situationally? It seems like if the jungler, top, and ADC all benefit (which happens quite a bit), it's a pretty awesome item. I figure there's a pretty good reason, but I'm having trouble finding that reason alone.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 3:30pm | Report
9/10 Times there are items that are just way more important to get. Zeke's Herald is in my opinion a luxury item.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 3:35pm | Report
^ That.

ADCs have to focus on personal DPS. So their builds require much more AD, which is what they build.

AD Assassins, same thing. They're not going to be around their teammates too often, opting to pick off high-priority targets and get out.

AD tanks/bruisers...I guess it's viable, but there are better items ( Black Cleaver, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, etc.)

Supports...all have the same build, pretty much. Boots, Talisman of Ascension, Locket of the Iron Solari, Mikael's Blessing, Ruby Sightstone, and then a survivability item. While Zeke's Herald is possible if your team is ahead (since you might not need additional survivability)...by the time you'd get it, the game would probably be over BECAUSE your team is ahead.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 3:37pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

9/10 Times there are items that are just way more important to get. Zeke's Herald is in my opinion a luxury item.

I hear this said a lot, but I can't really think of any. I understand the importance of an early tank item, but you know that situation where you're kind of snowballing but not really and you want to group mid to crush the enemy team quickly? Seems like Zeke's is perfect, I can't really see any other items that fulfill that role as well as Zeke's does (the +20 AD is just gigantic mid game).

Say you're playing Lee Sin- if you're ahead (not THAT ahead, just sort of ahead, and you often are because of Lee's early) SotAG/Tabi/Zeke's seems pretty awesome.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 4:09pm | Report
why would you get zekes instead of hydra if youre ahead on lee?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 6:15pm | Report
Auras are hard to compare to other items because their values change with each team fight. From a support standpoint you're more worried about peeling/initiation than damage as your ADC will do enough of that if you keep him alive.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 7:19pm | Report
its a decent item on mundo.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:05pm | Report
I personally don't buy it because it is the imposter of the late Stark's Fervor (RIP). Lol.

But seriously speaking, I look at it and I don't ever see a situation where I'm like, 'Gee, that's exactly what I need right now.'

Want Lifesteal? Probably because I'm Tryndamere/ Yasuo/Ranged ADC in which case I'd rather buy Bloodthirster or Blade of the Ruined King.

Want HP? I'm probably Dr. Mundo in which case I don't really care about the AD or Lifesteal and I'd rather go for Randuin's Omen/ Spirit Visage.

Want AD? Meh, 20 AD I'd rather get Bloodthirster.

Want CDR? Well ok, you can get it for that, but if CDR's all I want I'd rather buy Spirit Visage or some other CDR item with tankiness.

If I were to buy zeke's herald, I'd be in a situation where I'd want AD, HP, CDR and Lifesteal, all at rather small amounts other than the CDR, at exactly the same time. For me, the champions who fit that in any situation at all would leave me with... Olaf. And even then, I'd feel safer building full tank.

The aura's mostly what it's got going for it, but an item which would mildly benefit 3 members of your team at most... might be good in some situations, but it's hardly something I'd ever consider core.
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:14pm | Report
Okay, I kind of get the picture.

It just doesn't fit into core build paths well enough to be bought early; the aura and the stats it gives are less desirable late.

Thanks guys :-)
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2014 4:32am | Report
I'd say you'll see it & rarely on supports. The only time it will really be put to great use. I've not used it since s2 as it is anyway.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide