Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wriggles....always Wriggles.

Creator: MasterShorty May 15, 2012 1:00pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:33am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I don't think it's really necessary on Phoenix Udyr either, since he clears so fast already from R procs. I find just straight up getting Wit's End improves his ganks and clear times a lot more than Wriggle's does.

Valid. I forgot Udyr cause I just tend to think of other junglers first.

Searz wrote:

Well, um.. Twitch should build Wriggle..

I think Vincent proooobably plays enough Twitch to be able to make these kinds of statements by now :)

Also my 2 cents. Twitch is not a jungler who ought to be spending most of his time farming mobs. Wriggle's procs don't work on champions, and thusly, IMHO, bad item on rat.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 3:19am | Report
Personally I stopped using Wriggle's on the majority of my junglers. On a lot of junglers the Doran's Blade I start with is enough to jungle fast and I feel that Wriggle's sets back my full build.

After all of its nerfs I only get it on champions who need it in the jungle and leave it to them; my Lee Sin doesn't need it. :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:04am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I think Vincent proooobably plays enough Twitch to be able to make these kinds of statements by now :)

Also my 2 cents. Twitch is not a jungler who ought to be spending most of his time farming mobs. Wriggle's procs don't work on champions, and thusly, IMHO, bad item on rat.

True, but I figured that his jungle is so poor that it would benefit a ton from having it. I mean; it's still a good item for anyone who can make use of all the stats and the proc(junglers, obviously), so most junglers that have use of life steal and AD have good use of it.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:04am | Report

After all of its nerfs I only get it on champions who need it in the jungle and leave it to them; my Lee Sin doesn't need it. :P

Lol, how can you pass up on wriggle on Ree? Seriously, dat ward jump, bro.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

Lol, how can you pass up on wriggle on Ree? Seriously, dat ward jump, bro.

Start Doran's is faster Phage + Aegis; also you can buy a ****load of wards for the difference between wriggle's and doran's. :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:00am | Report
D sword start is generally pretty bad unless your first lvl2 gank succeeds. It's risky and you can only gank once before recalling, assuming you take damage when ganking(minions and attacks and what not).

Cloth+pots is safe and allows you to jungle longer and gank more. It's generally better.

I've yet to see a single good guide recommend D sword.
Heck, even boots are better for ganking and they probably ain't worse in the jungle either.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:03am | Report
Searz wrote:

But D sword start is generally pretty bad unless your first lvl2 gank succeeds. It's risky and you can only gank once before recalling.

Cloth+pots is safe and allows you to jungle longer and gank more. It's generally better.

Heck, even boots are better for ganking.

D Blade is all you need to jungle properly on a couple of junglers, Lee Sin is one of them. With it you can take on anyone 1v1 and your early ganks are incredibly strong.
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:12am | Report
Searz wrote:

D sword start is generally pretty bad unless your first lvl2 gank succeeds. It's risky and you can only gank once before recalling, assuming you take damage when ganking(minions and attacks and what not).

Heck, even boots are better for ganking and they probably ain't worse in the jungle either.

I've noticed a lot of people using 21/9/0 masteries with the 3% Lifesteal and 6% Lifesteal-quints, combine that with a Dorans Blade gives 12% Lifesteal, that's more than a Vampiric Scepter provides. Meaning: You can still go back to the jungle with that amount of Lifesteal, even after a failed gank (assuming you don't drop below 20%).

Also, the difference in power from taking a Dorans Blade over cloth 5 is fairly extreme when you try it out. In my opinion, only boots "can" provide a more significant advantage in early aggressive play, depending on situation.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:16am | Report
^That might work. But you'll be losing out on almost as much AD as you get by buying D blade when not using AD quints.

And it's still much riskier than cloth/boots+pots because pots provide sooo much safety compared to life steal.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
MasterShorty
<Member>
MasterShorty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 10:23am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Wriggles is better on almost every single champion for jungling.

dude, my question is *why* you need wriggles on almost every single champ. I agree with the other comments, it should be a situational item, not a must have for most junglers. If your buying wriggles on a champion like Shen, or Malphite, etc etc. Your not building towards his strengths. Building wriggles on a champion like Shaco, on the other hand, is a must have because you are *building towards his strengths and countering he weaknesses.* Shaco is very squishy (he needs armour), he is very gankable (needs the ward), has not so good jungle sustain (needs the lifesteal), and as an Auto Attack style champion, he needs the damage.
But with Shen? He has a slow clear time, so wriggles *can* make his jungle faster...but why build for faster early game when you can build for better ganks, and better late game?? I mean cmon, its Shen...if you really need early game jungle clear, then buy phage. And any competent jungler knows that if you have slow jungle times, GANK GANK GANK GANK GANK! Especially against a counter jungle champ like Shyvana, Udyr, or Mundo. Speaking of Mundo, why would you build Wriggles on him? He excels as a tank, so why build AD items on him? Why not build towards his amazing health, and health regen???

Seriously man, gimme a *reason why* you should build wriggles on these champions...=P
JUNGLE AMUMU BAYBAY!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide