Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yo, let's talk about [how to counter] Shen

Creator: Wintermond April 18, 2012 8:03am
1 2 3
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 7:13am | Report
I really love the people who are like "just ban Shen" when sometimes, there are far more optimal bans.

It's the reason I don't ban Shaco until last. Lets me ban at least 2 other people until I absolutely have to ban him. Sometimes, they ban him instead.

If you can outpush Shen, you're fine. His sustain isn't a problem if you're not even trying to kill him. Ward excessively and just back off when the jungler comes. You're probably going to force Shen to get a sunfire if you push hard enough. As someone said once "If they force you to buy a suboptimal item, they've already won the lane."
True love is found only in yourself.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 7:59am | Report
pushing doesn't always guarantee him staying in lane

It's like I said, sometimes they don't give a **** and teleport anyway while I'm taking their tower. Great, I got my team a tower.. we just lost 3 people and a dragon bottom lane though.
Kaynore
<Member>
Kaynore's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 3:36am | Report
I think Mordekaiser can handle Shen with relatively well. He can trade blows better than most thanks to his passive and with the constant push of the lane, Shen has to decide whether to Q me or a minion. However Morde doesn't have CC which makes him somewhat undesirable to have at top (Jungle ganks have a lower success rate).
Tiddlyfunk
<Member>
Tiddlyfunk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 4:22am | Report
Quoted:

Well, i'd pick GP against him.

Global ult to help when shen ports. you can screw him over pretty hard in lanephase. He taunts you, Oranges.

But i just loooove gp at the moment.(although my 2 favourite items on him just got nerfed) *sadface* Doran's Blade n Atma's Impaler

Love the idea of GP against him, but wouldn't Parrley be a bit gibbed if Shen threw a few points into his self shield? Can't see the poke from GP to Shen being the best unless you went Critplank or something. But I suppose the optimal thing to do would be to max raise morale, and oranges first for your team anyway, right?
UsernameSayWha
<Member>
UsernameSayWha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 6:14am | Report
I love it when a go top against a GP as de lee singah and throw 3 points into my w. The guy has no clue what to do.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 6:44pm | Report
Global teleport Shen cannot be countered.

He can lose his lane as hard as he wants and still win his team the game with counter ganking and split pushing.

Ban him.

If your team captain doesn't ban him, the only truly viable option is to abandon ganking other lanes at all, and just camp the **** out of Shen with a hard ganker until he's useless and can't even tank. That way at least HOPEFULLY he won't be counter ganking and raping your team.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide