[14.3] Kog'Maw guide by misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Standard
Threats & Synergies
Champion Build Guide
Kog Maw has such an extremely high skillcap. Thats why scripters and high elo smurfs always abuse him.
If you really think you're a mechanically good player Kog maw is definitely the right champ for you.
+ Able to melt Tanks insanely fast.
+ Very high attack and spell range in lategame.
+ Tons of mixed Damage.
- No Mobility makes him easy to gank.
- You need either shields or CC from your Team to deal the damage.
- Weak early Game.
- Hard to play/master.
4 seconds after dying, Kogmaw explodes, dealing true damage to surrounding enemies.
Q: Caustic Spittle
Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals magic damage and corrodes the target's armor and magic resist for a short time. Kog'Maw also gains additional attack speed.
W: Bio-Arcane Barrage
Kog'Maw's attacks gain range and deal a percent of the target's maximum health as magic damage.
E: Void Ooze
Kog'Maw launches a peculiar ooze which damages all enemies it passes through and leaves a trail which slows enemies who stand on it.
R: Living Artillery
Kog'Maw fires an artillery shell at a great distance dealing magic damage (increased significantly on low health enemies) and revealing non-stealthed targets. Additionally, multiple Living Artilleries in a short period of time cause them to cost additional Mana.
Guinsoo's Rageblade and Runaan's Hurricane are the perfect Items to spread his on-hit effects from his W to multiple enemies with as much attack speed as possible.
You can further increase your survivability by buying Wit's End and Immortal Shieldbow but also buy either life steal with Blade of the Ruined King or different utility items to round up your item build.
The most common ones are Infinity Edge Maw of Malmortius Frozen Heart and Mercurial Scimitar
Legend: Bloodline is your bread and butter sustain ability while laning until you bought your first Vampiric Scepter and Last Stand outclasses Coup de Grace by a bit considering how kog maw's playstyle works.
For your secondary tree i recommend you to go in the Resolve tree because Conditioning and Overgrowth makes you way more tanky in the late game. You really need this tankyness when fighting 5 people because you have no gapcloser, dash or anything like that in your kit
Use Practise tool to learn it. Seriously.
- When chasing an enemy make sure to hit E first to slow him, hit Q after because it's a skillshot and easier to land when your enemy is already slowed and then activate Blade of the ruined king + W and kite towards him and go for the kill.
- Dont use R too often in a row. You will run out of mana very fast.
- Red buff is one of the best things u can get with kogmaw. With an attack speed of 3 or higher and your E People wont be able to escape anymore.
- Your ult range at level 16 is ridiculous. Go to base and grab your farsight trinket and try to snipe your enemies.
- You don't always have to kill the carries of your enemies team. Tanks will not survive for a long time neither if you attack them constantly.
- Use your range to shoot over walls like the dragon or baron pit and attack enemies from a safe distance.
But you will need good reactions and a lot of games to get better in these things. Also games can be very frustrating if your team is feeding and you get dived early.
His impact in early is very small but if you reach late it's one of the best champs.