Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides

Build Guide by G0ldman

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.

Rating Pending
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit
League of Legends Build Guide Author G0ldman

Gangplank - Ready For Action - Patch

G0ldman Last updated on May 4, 2011
Did this guide help you? If so please give them a vote or leave a comment. You can even win prizes by doing so!

You must be logged in to comment. Please login or register.

I liked this Guide
I didn't like this Guide
Commenting is required to vote!

Thank You!

Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.

LeagueSpy Logo
Top Lane
Ranked #9 in
Top Lane
Win 53%
Get More Stats

Ability Sequence

Ability Key Q
Ability Key W
Ability Key E
Ability Key R

Not Updated For Current Season

The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.


Brute Force
Improved Rally

Offense: 21

Strength of Spirit
Veteran's Scars

Defense: 0

Expanded Mind
Blink of an Eye
Mystical Vision
Presence of the Master

Utility: 9

Guide Top

Gangplank AWWW YEAH-Intro

NOTE : This guide IS updated for patch

Gangplank is an awesome mid simply for the fact that Parrrley is an amazing last hit ability. But don't sweat it if you have to side lane, you're not going to let the other guy get any minion kills :) This guide is incredibly subject to change, but nothing I have written now is wrong, i just will be adding and elaborating over time.


Guide Top


-MEKI PENDANT: +7 mana regen per 5 seconds
-INFINITY EDGE - +80 Attack Damage +25% Crit Chance, Crits deal 250% instead of 200%
-CLOAK OF AGILITY - + 18% Critical Strike
- BF SWORD - + 45 Attack Damage

-IONIAN BOOTS OF LUCIDITY- Recduced Cooldowns 15% Move Speed 2
-PHANTOM DANCER - +55% Attack Speed + 30% Crit Chance +15% movement speed

Starting out with meki pend is nice because you get alot more freedom with spamming parrrley early game. The next thing i do is start to build my infinity edge, starting with crit chance first by buying cloak of agility. Then i prefer Ionian boots of lucidity because now you can spam parrrley that much (15% to be exact) faster. I then build the BF sword, and then finish my Infinity Edge. This is just to build ad and crit. I then work on a phantom dancer, again starting with items affecting crit first, and then getting the attack speed components. From here I say another infinity edge, but depending on how the fight is going you may want to consider other options, perhaps a banshees veil.

Guide Top

Skill Sequence

-PARRRLEY - Gankplank takes aim and shoots an enemy unit with his pistol. If he kills it, he gains extra gold.
Gangplank shoots a target unit for 20/45/70/95/120 (+) physical damage. Gangplank gains 4/6/8/10/12 extra gold if Parrrley deals a killing blow. This ability can crit and applies on hit effects.
- REMOVE SCURVY - Consumes a large quantity of citrus fruit which clears any crowd control effects on him and heals him.
Consumes a large quantity of citrus fruit which clears any crowd control effects on him and heals him for 80/150/220/290/360 (+1) health.
- RAISE MORALE - //*THIS MOVE CAN NO LONGER DENY*// - Gangplank fires his pistol in the air, inspiring himself and nearby allied champions to receive increased attack damage and movement speed. Additionally, Gangplank's attack damage and movement speed is passively increased.
Passive: Gangplank's Attack damage is increased by 8/10/12/14/16 and his movement speed is increased by 3/4/5/6/7%.
Active: Activating Raise Morale grants Gangplank 14/18/22/26/30% movement speed and 20/28/36/44/52 attack damage
The activation also grants nearby allies 7/9/11/13/15% movement speed and 10/14/18/22/26 attack damage

- Cannon Barrage - Gangplank signals his ship to fire upon an area for 8 seconds. Each cannonball deals damage 65/110/155 and while enemies are in the radius they are slowed by 15/20/25%

- Grog Soaked Blade - Gangplank's attacks apply a poison that deals magic damage per second, increasing with level, and decreases healing received by the target by 50% for 10 seconds.

My skill order is fairly standard, nothing risky or weird here. Parrrley is obviously most important because it is arguably the best last hit ability in the game. Having one skill point early in remove scurvy is incredibly important for its cleansing ability rather than its heal. So other than getting remove scurvy at 3 (and obviously your ult at 6, 11, and 16) get parrrley and raise morale until you cannot do so anymore.

Guide Top


This mastery setup (21 0 9) should not look unfamiliar to anyone playing meelee dps. My individual choices for how to build them up should be fairly self explanatory.

Guide Top


PARRRLEY!!!!!!!!!!! You can farm so well by using this ability, and at 5 sec base cooldown use it as often as you can for last hitting, the bonus gold is incredibly helpful (and if you have a Twisted Fate on your team the bonus gold from loaded dice will just be icing on the cake). Although i wouldn't recommend doing this alot, if there is a massive creepwave in a lane, you can use canon barrage to take it out incredibly quickly, granting you lots of gold fast. But like I said, you may want to just save this ability for team fights as it does have a rather large cooldown.

Guide Top

Team Work

You are very squishy, don't get yourself trapped, because late game enemies will be able to focus you down in let's say half a second. *Depending on the way the match is going you definitely might want to exchange the second infinity edge for a banshees veil* Use canon barrage to prevent enemies from escaping, or at least make their escape route dangerous. SPAM PARRRLEY. That's right folks it's not just for minions! Parrrley will crit for massive damage late game, taking out those squishier champions in the blink of an eye.