Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page

x

Warwick Build Guide by Jigglefrizz

It's only fun, if they run... (Best: AS Jungle Warwick)

By Jigglefrizz | Updated on February 17, 2012

Vote Now!

10,494 Views
5 Votes
12 Comments
x
Did this guide help you? If so please give them a vote or leave a comment. You can even win prizes by doing so!
Vote
Comment

You must be logged in to comment. Please login or register.

I liked this Guide
I didn't like this Guide
Commenting is required to vote!

Thank You!

Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.

New Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

1
[-]
Jigglefrizz (4) | January 29, 2012 1:51am
tomathome wrote:

when i say 2 hungering strikes i dont mean im chasing them all the way back to tower...just in normal lane condition harassing


This is a jungle guide.
1
[-]
tomathome (7) | January 28, 2012 7:59pm



This guide is based not just on my knowledge, but the knowledge of other WW players too. Though I must admit I have played nowhere near 500 games with Warwick, I feel I know him.

I still buy Berserker's Greaves as it is IMO undoubtedly the best boots to increase Warwicks poor early game (if I don't max Hungering Strike). Early game he does not need magic pen (not much MR) or defence. I admit it is not perfect as full build breaks the 2.5 max, however I normally trade in the boots for defensive boots at that stage.

Hunters Call just got a big decrease in CD and is now available at every camp, I know you are a Hungering Strike fan but try it out, you will be surprised. It is the only way of building him to use his passive to it's maximum effect.



I don't know who you play against top but getting in two Hungering Strike (even on a 6sec CD) before they reach their tower is hard to believe. Without initiating with Infinite Duress you don't give your top lane ally time to join you in the fight if they are out of range, plus the enemy will be no where near 50% hp and you are losing full advantage of Blood Scent.



I have hybrid pen runes but mobafire does not support those runes yet. Even so, I have magic pen quints and armor pen marks on the guide.

As stated above --> Infinite Duress --> Blood Scent --> Hunters Call --> Autoattacks --> Hungering Strike if out of range.

Blood Scent allows you to put in those "meaningful strikes".

Please try it mate, I'm 100% going to have a few game with your ideas and guide again. All the best.


when i say 2 hungering strikes i dont mean im chasing them all the way back to tower...just in normal lane condition harassing, i get back more health than they can do damage and once they are around half hp: Infinite Duress, Exhaust, Ignite and Hungering Strike when combined with the massive speed boost from Blood Scent = death everytime. that is why go for maximising the damage potential for Hungering Strike straight away is most beneficial. this simultaneously makes Infinite Duress do the most damage it possibly can with my mastery and rune set-up.
1
[-]
Jigglefrizz (4) | January 28, 2012 4:50am
tomathome wrote:

late game with my build i have 2.47 attack speed without Berserker's Greaves so with them...what a waste no? i have played 2000 games and about 1/4 of those as ww, trust me i have tried everything with him; jungle ww, to ad ww to magewick to tankwick etc etc. you will find that your only viable source of early game damage (ie without insta-dying) is Hungering Strike. as such your early game should be geared towards magic pen since pure AP becomes useless mid and late game. furthermore i didnt even notice that you dont max Hungering Strike first...that is fail on any warwick, be it jungle or solo-top.


This guide is based not just on my knowledge, but the knowledge of other WW players too. Though I must admit I have played nowhere near 500 games with Warwick, I feel I know him.

I still buy Berserker's Greaves as it is IMO undoubtedly the best boots to increase Warwicks poor early game (if I don't max Hungering Strike). Early game he does not need magic pen (not much MR) or defence. I admit it is not perfect as full build breaks the 2.5 max, however I normally trade in the boots for defensive boots at that stage.

Hunters Call just got a big decrease in CD and is now available at every camp, I know you are a Hungering Strike fan but try it out, you will be surprised. It is the only way of building him to use his passive to it's maximum effect.

tomathome wrote:

when you say "low damage", with the magic pen u will be packing from my rune setup, 2 harrassing shots of Hungering Strike at rank 3 followed by Infinite Duress, ignite and another Hungering Strike is going to kill 3/4 of solo-top opponents. if i thought my guide was geared towards "low-damage" i would not spruik it as a solo-top build nor would i have had any success with it in the first place, which is what drove me to create my Warwick build.


I don't know who you play against top but getting in two Hungering Strike (even on a 6sec CD) before they reach their tower is hard to believe. Without initiating with Infinite Duress you don't give your top lane ally time to join you in the fight if they are out of range, plus the enemy will be no where near 50% hp and you are losing full advantage of Blood Scent.

tomathome wrote:

i dont know what your ranked game experience is like, but even normal lvl 30 players who are decent will not die from an AS ww with armor pen runes rather than magic pen runes for your early game ganks. even if they dont have Flash or Ghost up i cant see them standing stationary long enough for you to get in any meaningful basic attacks.


I have hybrid pen runes but mobafire does not support those runes yet. Even so, I have magic pen quints and armor pen marks on the guide.

As stated above --> Infinite Duress --> Blood Scent --> Hunters Call --> Autoattacks --> Hungering Strike if out of range.

Blood Scent allows you to put in those "meaningful strikes".

Please try it mate, I'm 100% going to have a few game with your ideas and guide again. All the best.
1
[-]
tomathome (7) | January 27, 2012 3:52am
1. 2000 games across about 5 accounts namely 'betazoid', 'tomathomenoob', etc

2. i do have ranked history it wont show up unless ur my friend on that account and it is perma-banned
1
[-]
dannaz423 (2) | January 27, 2012 3:40am
tomathome wrote:



late game with my build i have 2.47 attack speed without Berserker's Greaves so with them...what a waste no? i have played 2000 games and about 1/4 of those as ww, trust me i have tried everything with him; jungle ww, to ad ww to magewick to tankwick etc etc. you will find that your only viable source of early game damage (ie without insta-dying) is Hungering Strike. as such your early game should be geared towards magic pen since pure AP becomes useless mid and late game. furthermore i didnt even notice that you dont max Hungering Strike first...that is fail on any warwick, be it jungle or solo-top.

when you say "low damage", with the magic pen u will be packing from my rune setup, 2 harrassing shots of Hungering Strike at rank 3 followed by Infinite Duress, ignite and another Hungering Strike is going to kill 3/4 of solo-top opponents. if i thought my guide was geared towards "low-damage" i would not spruik it as a solo-top build nor would i have had any success with it in the first place, which is what drove me to create my Warwick build.

i dont know what your ranked game experience is like, but even normal lvl 30 players who are decent will not die from an AS ww with armor pen runes rather than magic pen runes for your early game ganks. even if they dont have Flash or Ghost up i cant see them standing stationary long enough for you to get in any meaningful basic attacks.


You've played 2000 games?? Though you have only won 475? No wonder your not making any sense. Maybe not post your summoner profile on your mobafire profile if your going to **** talk....

EDIT: You have no ranked history yet you talk about ranked play?
1
[-]
tomathome (7) | January 26, 2012 10:31pm



As I mentioned CC is a problem for this build. No one should ever go into a game with only one build in mind. Never use this build if you have a enemy team with a lot of CC (e.g. kennen).

As for " Berserker's Greaves don't work for any Warwick's", please justify this, I see no reason not to get it if you aim on maxing early madreds procs in-jungle.

I agree early game damage is limited, however once wits-end is purchased your damage increases quite a bit. Damage is not based on per hit, it is based on dmg/sec.

And PLEASE try this build before rating. Don't judge it on how you think it may be.

EDIT: Looking at your build you have similar low damage items initially, yet it works for you, what was the reason for the downvote? Not because I downvoted yours I hope.


late game with my build i have 2.47 attack speed without Berserker's Greaves so with them...what a waste no? i have played 2000 games and about 1/4 of those as ww, trust me i have tried everything with him; jungle ww, to ad ww to magewick to tankwick etc etc. you will find that your only viable source of early game damage (ie without insta-dying) is Hungering Strike. as such your early game should be geared towards magic pen since pure AP becomes useless mid and late game. furthermore i didnt even notice that you dont max Hungering Strike first...that is fail on any warwick, be it jungle or solo-top.

when you say "low damage", with the magic pen u will be packing from my rune setup, 2 harrassing shots of Hungering Strike at rank 3 followed by Infinite Duress, ignite and another Hungering Strike is going to kill 3/4 of solo-top opponents. if i thought my guide was geared towards "low-damage" i would not spruik it as a solo-top build nor would i have had any success with it in the first place, which is what drove me to create my Warwick build.

i dont know what your ranked game experience is like, but even normal lvl 30 players who are decent will not die from an AS ww with armor pen runes rather than magic pen runes for your early game ganks. even if they dont have Flash or Ghost up i cant see them standing stationary long enough for you to get in any meaningful basic attacks.
1
[-]
Jigglefrizz (4) | January 25, 2012 5:07pm
tomathome wrote:

early game extremely limited damage and Berserker's Greaves don't work for any Warwick's, let alone jungling ones. furthermore you will be too squishy to get in enough auto attacks with your focus on AS, any CC and there will be no team-fight contribution


As I mentioned CC is a problem for this build. No one should ever go into a game with only one build in mind. Never use this build if you have a enemy team with a lot of CC (e.g. kennen).

As for " Berserker's Greaves don't work for any Warwick's", please justify this, I see no reason not to get it if you aim on maxing early madreds procs in-jungle.

I agree early game damage is limited, however once wits-end is purchased your damage increases quite a bit. Damage is not based on per hit, it is based on dmg/sec.

And PLEASE try this build before rating. Don't judge it on how you think it may be.

EDIT: Looking at your build you have similar low damage items initially, yet it works for you, what was the reason for the downvote? Not because I downvoted yours I hope.
1
[-]
tomathome (7) | January 25, 2012 3:15am
Voted -1
early game extremely limited damage and Berserker's Greaves don't work for any Warwick's, let alone jungling ones. furthermore you will be too squishy to get in enough auto attacks with your focus on AS, any CC and there will be no team-fight contribution
1
[-]
Jigglefrizz (4) | January 21, 2012 3:15pm
chillz991 wrote:

good guild maybe get some ad cus this is the build i use on my kog' maw XD


The reason I do not get AD early is because to use Madred's Bloodrazor to its max effectiveness you need the highest attackspeed possible. Additionally, by just doubling your attackspeed with boots/malady/wits-end you effectively have double the AD output which (at level 18) is better then having a fully stacked bloodthirster.

Obviously with having high attack speed even the tiniest AD increase will be huge, but I prefer to only add this after I have Madred's bloodrazor, as I feel Madred's has a higher impact at that stage.
1
[-]
chillz991 (1) | January 21, 2012 11:27am
good guild maybe get some ad cus this is the build i use on my kog' maw XD
1
[-]
dannaz423 (2) | January 21, 2012 3:30am
Great guide works really well gives great damage and survivability
1
[-]
Burningsandwich (1) | January 21, 2012 3:11am
Great guide, seen it in action.

ohh and..

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loading Comments...
Load More Comments
League of Legends Build Guide Author
Warwick Guide

Vote Now!

It's only fun, if they run... (Best: AS Jungle Warwick)
Help Support Our Growing Community

MOBAFire is a community that lives to help every LoL player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support MOBAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free