This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Kassadin- High Templar
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
2. This build was proven
SO FAR ALOT OF ITEM SEQUENCES, TACTICS, AND INFO HAS BEEN LEFT OUT TO RUSH A PUBLISH
I HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A 4 YEAR OLD
1.0.0- Added some parts
1.1.0- Typo errors fixed
1.1.1- Change item build due to sudden realization
1.2.0- Added sections
1.2.1- Added the changelog
1.2.2- Played some games with him. Guide is solid
1.2.3- Submitted to Reddit, Let's see some advice
Within a decaying cyclopean city, Kassadin found secrets of the kind that he will never share - secrets that made him quake with fear at the visions of things to come that were thrust upon him. The power of the place threatened to consume him forever, but Kassadin took the only route available to him in order to survive - he let the Void inside him. Miraculously, he was able to overcome the alien urges that went with it, and he emerged as something more than human. Though a part of him died that day, he knows that he must protect Valoran from the things scratching at the door, waiting to get in and visit their torments upon the world. They are only one step away... something to which the appearance of the abomination known as Cho'Gath attests.
"If you look upon the Void, you can't put it behind you. If you look upon Kassadin, he is probably already there."
Lets get off by saying what I done to learn Kassadin-
1. I've played him since level 15.
2. He's been my favorite champ since I started.
3. I've gone to Leaguecraft, Solomid, and Mobafire to learn him... never succeeded that till I found Elhehir's Anti-Carry build.
Now that that's settled... lets begin
Lets ask ourselves, What's an assassin?
Assassins in LoL are as follows- Trolls. The 4V5 is over the other team won it, all low... suddenly, pentakill.
You are the swifer sweeper of this game... the best chaser. you go through walls (ward kiddies), you shoot purple balls of silence, you shoot waves of void energy, and YOU ARE DESIGNED OFF THE STARCRAFT HIGH TEMPLAR!!!!!!!
Kassadin's building focus-
1. Mana- he lacks in it mid game
2. Mana regen- needs the comfort
3. AP- you know... to kill things
4. CDR- Because 5 seconds on riftwalk is too much time.
First, we start with mana crystal and 2 health pots
We then have a choice
1. Build catalyst if doing fine and not 0/5/0
2. Build boots if horrible AD Kassadin
Next, build anything you dont have. Meaning- You should have Catalyst, and boots
At around the 20 minute mark, finish up Rod Of Ages... Why?
1. It offers MANA, one of your key points
2. It gives Health, you need to be beefy... you kill carries
3. AP on this caster... needed
Next build Deathcap. Self explanatory- BUT If you build it, it will heavily up the burst you have... at a catch. Mana regen. You have none. Once you hit lvl 11... one burst and its back to base.
Then you have choices.
1. Void Staff
2. Abyssal Scepter.
It all depends on the enemy team comp. If they're stack MG resist... build the MG pent item.
Now the you have your build, you can have Zhonya's for beefyness or the another god-tier Deathcap.
You can buy Lich Bane if you've been going up in people's faces all game.
Not really much left. Kassadin is an anti-caster.
2. Ghost- Double Flash FTW
3. Heal- See too much Kassadins taking this, uninstall you ruined a first blood
4. Revive- Clever on Panth and Karthus... but why?
5. Smite- Hmmmm... roaming Kass benefits
6. Teleport- Well, if you dont like flash... i guess
7. Cleanse- Essential for ranked play
8. Fortify- Nope
9. Clarity- point in W
10. Ignite- Very nice ability
11. Rally- I approve of anyone who ever ran with this.. its OP :P
12. CV- Well, if you need it... but you're not a support
13. The unluckiest number, also flash- DOUBLE FLASH ENDLESS ESCAPES CHECHECHE
1 is top priority
1. Un-CCed nukers, the'll wreck
3. Weak/ Half-Dead champs
4. Any other AP champ
7. MIA gankers
8. The other team
9. Minions trying to kill your turret.
Actual 5V5 that happened to me-
I was heading down MID lane. All of a sudden the fed Annie with me stunned the 3 man gank, she would die because the enemy Master Yi came in and exhausted her.
What to do?
1. Chase down the fleeing enemies, TRIPLE KILL
2. Nuke Yi and run away... leading to Annie's death
4. Take the 20 HP tower while he can't stop you >:)
What did I do?
I stood in his way and slowed him. I then BLINKED away. Silencing him. But, his alpha strike got. Shortly then, Annie got a quadra kill off 4 enemies at low HP recovering in the bush.
What did I do?
I did my job as the team's Anti-Carry, saving our AP carry, then, hand-feeding her kills on a void spoon.
The other thing you have to do,