This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Nuke them from orbit (it's the only way to be sure)
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
A lot of people say that Karthus is a noob "R" skill char.
Although landing kills using Requiem is one easy thing, doing it in a way that can be useful for your team in order to turn the tide of battle is another completely different.
If you don't mind being called "noob","op champ","no skill just press R", etc, this is the guide for you, and even with an average/noob team you will have a chance to win, because you can "Nuke them from orbit"
Well because you aren't going to be in the middle of the fights, so you don't need defense, and your main problem is early game mana and that is covered by your 9 utility (which will also add to damage once you have ).
What you need is POWAH and these 21 offense make your shine.
Death Defied: You died?! Not quite yet, you still have 7 seconds to make damage with no mana cost, so turn on
and try to land some
, it might land you some kills. If you see the opportunity to land a kill with
do it, but make sure you do it in the first 3 seconds or it won't work.
Lay Waste (Q): Your early game tool of damage and harassment, with decent range/damage, use it to keep the opponent at bay, and to last hit multiple minions.
Wall of Pain (W): An excellent slow and debuff, use it early game to escape or to trap your opponent when your turret targets him or when jungler comes for the ganking. Late game use it to defend when your team is out numbered. Use it to save running away allies.
Defile (E): Early game ( Excellent passive that helps you manage your mana, but quite ineffective damage/mana when active)
Mid/End game (Your personal minion vacuum cleaner that farms like no other, also if you die in a team fight it will do massive amounts of damage to enemies fool enough to sit on it)
- Requiem (R): This is why Karthus is "Karthus". A massive, universal Ultimate that strikes all enemies on the map no mater where they are. This guide was made because of it, and it also means your team now has "Nuclear Launch Capabilities". This ,my friends, deserves the detail chapter coming next.
One of the most feared and powerful ultimates in LOL, this guide was made around it. None of the Karthus guides I've seen delivers the true power deserves, the power of the atom.
But building and using such weapon of mass destruction is not as easy as the common known as "no skill, just press R" may seem. It requires patience and endless deaf ears to things like "noob Karthus you dont help", "Noob!!!", etc.
In the next lines i will try to explain how do you build and launch in a way it makes all the difference, and not just to KS or to have a positive score while your team loses the game. For this you need power... lots of it.
Simple. You start gathering the materials to build your nukes.
- Play mid and defense ALWAYS (unless you are facing real noob). Your main goal is to harass and last hit multiple minions with with caution and never over extend. Use passive to manage your mana. Map awareness is key since not all SS are reported.
- If facing a strong mid Champion like or , don't be shy, hug the your tower and work from there. You main goal is not to make damage but escape from it, and last hit minions. Don't worry and will pay dearly for that late game.
- In doubt, run, always run and stay back. Use and/or . Don't feed anyone and farm minions for precious gold. You need your before you reach Lv6.
- If you drop too low on your HP, pop the . Try to save your to buy , i said "try", do not hesitate to use it if your HP is too low. Again, do not die.
- Try not to KS with . This will make your team see that they aren't playing with a noob KS Karthus.
- Try to access if very low HP enemies champions have a way to escape your , things like , , , , etc.
- Manage your mana, so you can always launch
- In a nutshell try to farm to buy and , while insuring kills with .
- In this stage dying will drive you back, because you will lose stacks on your
- Again stay back and secure kills with
- Teleport from lane to lane to farm juicy chunks of minions
- Spam to build your mana/AP.
- Watch for NON tank enemy champions building MR. Immediately buy
- Watch out for enemy doing Baron, if your team goes to "defend" it pop a just before they arrive. With luck your team will wipe out the entire enemy team.
- If the game is not in favor of your team and you have one or several inhibitors down, your role is to clean and defend your base from the oncoming minion waves.
- With full stacks (or close) of your role is to initiate team fights with .
- Sell your and buy another
- In this stage its forbidden to die because you will lose a lot of stacks of (15% cooldown reduction is your best friend)
-If your stacks of drop too low, sell it and replace with another
- Stay way back in team fights, the enemy will be after for your blood and you will melt.
- Launch nukes, rinse and repeat.