This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
⚫️"They want us in cages. We refuse"⚫️
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Champion Build Guide
My friends call me Liam.
I started playing league in the middle of season 9. Yeah, I'm still new to this game and learning.
The first champion I got was Ahri (I'm a fan of naruto so obviously the nine tail cute girl was my choice). I bought Nocturne 1 week after. I saw his Ultimate skill. It instantly killed the enemy in the preview so I thought "WOOOW THAT'S AWWWSOME". Well, it didn't killed my enemies instantly :\ I wasn't disappointed though. I liked and like him a lot as my first favorite champion in League. He was my favorite for a long long time until I met this beautiful Angel named, "Kayle". She's my favorite now.
Well... Rakan is one of the most fun champs to play with. He's mobility is so nice. And couples like playing Xayahx Rakan combo. To be honest, the most unique thing is their dances xD
Rakan is fun. You probably won't regret playing him.
- Good Mobility
- Passive shield gives good amount of lane sustain
- Has AoE heal
- Has AoE CC
- Has Shield
- Good for Poking
- Good Engages
- Strong Late game
- Safe (With Xayah, even Safer)
- Can go both AP and Tank
- His E only works on champions so it's useless alone
- His Q takes some time to heal if you don't have an ally around
- Squishy if goes for AP build (but he'll have a really huge shield late game)
- Relies on Allies
- It's better if you don't engage early game. Wait until lvl3 so u can use combo earlier (if u want, u can go for W-E and then for Q. but it can end up bad sometimes)
- His Q takes some time to heal if you don't have an ally around. Keep that in your mind. If there's an alliy nearby and you need the heal so fast use E on him.
- If you're going for AP/Burst try to have maximum Cooldown Reduction. Rakan deals so much damage with AP but if You don't one shot people it can be a problem. However, most of the enemies can't survive twice xD
- Make the best use of [item=lich bane size=20] If you're going AP. You don't usually have enough time so if u can do skill-aa-skill-aa it's more likely to kill. Unless you feel like that's not gonna be needed.
- You can cast E twice but it doesn't give extra shield if you do it instantly. Let the first shield get the damage and then recast to charge it up again. However, the usual combo is W-Q-E (go poke and then get back).
- Support the right person.