This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Talon Build Guide by m0gX
Talon, Suck my Burst
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
I used to try starting with long sword, or doran's blade, but boots works well with any build, whereas long sword limits you, and doran's is useless later. Then long sword was for getting brutaliser, but I do not like this item on talon. I tried it many times, but found ghost blade just didnt cut it for me. same with trinity, since the daamge from sheen proc only effects the damage from your attack when you use noxian diplomacy, and doesnt actually double the ability from the skill (as in, with sheen proc, you do 2x(AD) + ND damage, not 2x(AD+NDdmg)). as well, the other random stats from trinity are just so expensive and dont aid much to the burst damage for the price.
I also used to go boots > BF sword > treads > frozen mallet > atma's > offensive items, and though it works pretty well, I find the increased damage more effective to my play style than increased duration in the battle with some HP. I think 33% lifesteal, armor and MR are enough defense. with the offense you have with this build, you can probably burst any squishy to zero in 2 seconds or less using each skill once and an auto attack or two.
Good alternative items for this build are lat whisper an defensive items later.
ND is maxed second for the burst damage it lets you deal. cutthroat is last, since, while having shorter CD and damage amplification, more damage in single combo is more useful early to mid game.
- I usually take mid, since it is great for the early farm, and made possible with good harass damage from rake. (this at least works in low ELO)
- use rake early to last hit and harass, as said above is good for mid
- use the damage items to burst people down for good ganking kills. you should be able to gank mid game lots around level 7 to 9
- Combo that I find best: get ND on, then cutthroat to target, rake, auto attack, ult to run to opposite side of them (between them and way they are running away), attack, ND, and kill him.
- large attack damage makes him unstopable mid to late game and the limited defense and amazing escape abilities make him very good at assassinating people.
This is the way to play him that I have found works best for me. This utilizes burst damage to kill people immediately if they are out of position, or low in lane. It also allows ocasionally staying in the fight and auto attacking to finish people off. let me know what you guys think! :)