Taric Build Guide by BlackStaff Naxen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
A Holy Introduction
Hello and welcome to my Taric build where I will be showing you how to play Taric in an AP Carry. I know this has already been done but, I want to show you my style of playing an AP Carry.
Pros / Cons of the Gem Knight
+With Dazzle you have great Crowd Control
+Great in Team Fights
+Easy first Blood
+With Radiance is a great Pusher
-Horrible Magic Resist
-Early Mana Issues
-First targeted in Team Fights
Gems , Knights, and Masteries
The reason I had chosen a Offense/Utility build so I am able to have great amount of CD reduction and more AP who doesn't want AP for Taric will all help him be able to perform to the best he can be.
With the new masteries more ability power more damage and CD reduction can really help win the match easily.
Greater Seal of Replenishment-With this Seal is the best for Taric because of his already weak magic regen.
Greater Glyph of Potency-With this will allow the most magic damage possible with anything in the Glyph section.
Greater Glyph of Focus-Now this will give great CD Reduction so you will be able to have max CD reduction but, I would still perfer to go with Potency because of the fastest magic damage
Greater Quintessence of Potency-finally with this will give massive amount of ability power to get your shatter and dazzle to finish everything off easily.
Summoner Spells for a Knight of Glory
- Clarity I personally will be a good idea for Taric because of it will help anyone that is having problems with mana regen is really nice and normally have one person with clarity will normally have an advantage.
- Teleport This will allow Taric to go around faster to help your teammates fast and effectively.
||- Flash this will allow Taric to be able to get out of tough situations since his escapability is horrible.|
- Clairvoyance this will allow Taric this is fine to help your team be able to see the map but prefer to have your support using this.
||- Exhaust this gives Taric this is ok because that ignite would be a better idea than exhaust because he normally only needs a little bit extra damage to finish it off so ignite is better.|
- Smite all I have to say is are you kidding me?
- Revive really your not in a tank spec now man your a AP Carry.
- Fortify don't even think about it worst idea in the world.
- Cleanse if you really need something like that just buy the Quicksilver Sash instead alot better idea.
||- Rally never get rally just let another DPS in your lane to have it instead since it is useless to you.|
Abilities of the Gem Knight
-(Passive):Taric's autoattacks replenish his mana for 7.5% of the damage dealt.
with your this will make it so when ever you get a chance to melee an minion do it. This will allow you to be able to get good mana regeneration.
-(Active):Taric channels earthen energy to heal his target ally. As the magic flows through them he is healed for the same amount. If Taric heals only himself, the heal will be 40% more effective. His autoattacks on champions decrease this spell's cooldown by 3 seconds each or by 1 second if hitting non-champions.
Cost: 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 mana
Cooldown: 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 seconds
Heal: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+0.6 per ability power)
With this its fine to give you and the person in your lane a helping heal so you will have a better chance to survive.
-(Passive Aura): Taric hardens crystals around him, providing a permanent armor bonus to himself and nearby allies.
Aura Radius: 1000
(Passive): Taric is granted that bonus armor again.
(Active): Taric shatters the crystals surrounding him, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies and decreasing their armor for 4 seconds. His passive armor bonus is not in effect during the cooldown.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Bonus Armor: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
Magic Damage: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+0.4 per ability power)
Armor Reduction: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
This is your greatest friend for your DPS without it your ability power would not be as great of a help. Use this when ever it is off of CD so you will be able to get an easier kill or finish one.
-(Active): Taric emits a brilliant ball of prismatic light at a target enemy, dealing magic damage (lower damage the farther the target is), and stunning them for 1.5 seconds.
Cost: 95 mana
Missile Speed: 1400
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Minimum Magic Damage: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+0.4 per ability power)
Maximum Magic Damage: 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+0.8 per ability power)
With this is your only and probably most favorable Crowd Control without this I would never have thought of using Taric as my favorite champion.
-(Active): Taric slams the ground dealing magic damage to nearby enemies. For the next 10 seconds, Taric gains attack damage and ability power and receives an aura that grants nearby allied champions half the bonuses.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Aura Radius: 1000
Magic Damage: 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.6 per ability power)
Attack Damage and Ability Power Self Bonus: 30 / 50 / 70
Without this you could not be able to help push at all in your lane or be able to pick up a fast kill.
Gemming the Knight to Perfection with Items
- With this set up since you will most likely not be having your heal for awhile and this will prevent you from be the squishy target and turning into first blood.
- this is the one I usually role with since I find it most effective in early game.
||- This is only a smart idea if you know you will be staying for a while and needing to be mana regen until your a higher level and gain it easily from other items.|
First time back
- The great part about this item is that your get more ability power and even more gold! to allow you to easily buy all your items.
||- If your stuck with range fast range early game just go ahead and buy your boots so you can keep up and be able to escape more easily.|
Second Time back
-now to gain even more ability power to get a head start on things.
||- this is a good idea for a really good start on your ability power.|
- With this item will be your best friend when ever your going to be just needing get that last little bit of health to make sure you got the kill.
||- with Lich Bane for Taric you will be able to have a great damage on your opponent in between your abilities.|
Don't forget to upgrade those boots
- to Taric this will allow you to gain more damage with any of your abilities so this is one of your best options.
||- With this item Taric will be able to move quickly and since he normally has problems with magic resist and being able escape easily this is a very effective choose.|
Finishing the build
- - With this is just Infinity Edge for casters.
- - with this for Taric is simply for being able to deal massive damage to your opponent since you will normally be in melee range normally towards end game so you are able to get great damage to your opponent quickly.
- - With this for Taric, so you will be able to gain health back easier and can focus your heals late game on your teammate champions while still have good ability power to keep dealing better damage.
- - If you are laning with another AP focus champion I would go ahead and get this so you can focus more on your damage and less on your heals.
- - With this item for Taric, you can use this when you know your opponents have ability power focus so you will be able to take less damage from enemies in the lane and also make all your enemies more vulnerable.
- - With this item for Taric, this is a great late game item since he can get more mana back from his passive but also get instint CD Reduction capped so there is no need for getting CD reduction runes.
Early game Taric(Bot2v2)
With Taric on bot as long as you save your Dazzle for stunning a champion so you or the other champion in your lane to be able to get the kill. Then when ever you use Imbue never target yourself unless your at less then 30% health because its smarter to heal both instead of just one. If you use Shatter makes sure you use it to farm minions so get in a spot where you can use it most effectively. Then make sure you are meleeing when ever you can so you can gain more mana back faster.
A Quick Summary
Thank you all for reading my guide I hope this will be as good as I can use it and if there is anything you wish to comment about please do so and don't forget to vote every vote counts.
I have to give thanks too Jhoijhoi for all both of the picture I really appreciate it.
Here is a link too here signature shop. Jhoijhoi signature shop.
[11/29/11] Edited the Introduction chapter.
[11/29/11] edited the summing it up... I changed it too a quick summary... and changed the picture.