Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

C4D/Dynamic Lighitng Tutorial

Creator: Greynade November 8, 2011 5:57pm
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 5:57pm | Report
Resources available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?li40vnk8ff0873i

1. Create a new project, 420 pixels by 300. The first thing I do after that is add my render, and resize/ position it how I want. I then added a gradient background behind the render, using colors from the render.

2. Add the first c4d behind the render.

3. And the second c4d, also behind the render.

4. Add yet another c4d behind the render.I know the colors dont match at all, but we'll fix that.

5. Create a new adjustment hue and saturation layer, and apply it as a clipping mask to the last c4d we added. Use this layer to color the c4d blue.

6. Add another c4d behind the render.

7. Add the last c4d, this time infront of the render.

8. I applied another adjustment layer to this c4d to make it blue, basically just like step number 5.

9. I added a black to white gradient map on multiply at 40%

10. I added a purple to orange gradient map on soft light at 40%.

11. Take the blue lights fractal, and add it over all the current layers. Set it to linear dodge, and erase most of it. Try to keep the lights on the c4ds, to give the effect that the c4ds are glowing. Repeat this step multiple times untill you like how it looks.

12. Repeat the last step, only this time use the red lights, and apply them to the left side of the sig.

I applied a adjustment layer to make this more red

13. I then added more red lights behind the render layer, but above the c4d layers.

14. I added the third fractal to the bottom left of the sig, its set to linear dodge at 100%. I erased most of it.

15. I made a new layer on soft light at 15%, ad brush orange to the top left and blue to the bottom right. This helps further define the contrast.

16. Make a new layer, and apply image. Set this to soft light at 50%. I like doing this to my work, as it intensifies the color.

17. I added some more lights on linear dodge.

18. Add the space image to the sig on soft light, at 50%. Try to line it up so the blue is on the right, and the red is on the left. Resize if you have to.

19. I applied a black to white gradient map on soft light at 20%

20. I applied image again, and set to soft light at 20%.

21. Apply image, and sharpen. Erase everything except the render, and set to 80%, and your done!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 1:25am | Report
A very interesting tutorial! The render is almost lost within the C4Ds, but I assume that's the intent. Great idea for practise, I might give it a go and post back here on how it went.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Infraynor
<Member>
Infraynor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2011 1:04pm | Report
Here's my version. :)
Thanks for the tut. :)
Sigs made by me.

Please +Rep me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide