Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

MobaFire Worm v2.0

Creator: jhoijhoi August 23, 2012 6:17am
115 posts - page 1 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:17am | Report

>>> MOBAFIRE WORM v2.0
So, it didn't really work well last time, mainly because we were new to collaborations... but now we're all awesome and I really would love to see this made 8D I believe we need more activity in this forum, and what better way to promote creativity than working and sharing with our peers?! (... I may or may not be going crazy from my secondary education degree)

>>> WHAT IS A WORM?
A GFX worm is basically a line of graphics made by various designers/artists that transitions from the previous piece, while at the same time allowing the next person some type of design to follow up on in a creative/abstract manner.

>>> RULES:
- Try to keep the flow! If the previous entry has a green line that should enter your section, continue it and find a way to incorporate it into your part! Make sure your section and the one before it work together! It's all about collaboration, if there's a clear clear clear divide between the parts, what's the point of the worm? D:
- Try to keep your focal away from the edges that would be hard for the next person to use, for example, if you have a render, find a way to ensure that if it DOES spill over that it is easily incorporated into the next section.
- Upload your section in high resolution so it's easy for people to work with.
- Don't tamper with previous entries; people learn from their mistakes and everyone here can accept some honest and constructive criticism.
- It doesn't have to be League of Legends related! Go crazy with ideas, be creative xD

>>> DIMENSIONS:
Height: 450px
Width: 600px

>>> TIPS & TRICKS:
- Ensure you have the previous entry open in your program so you can copy colours, extend designs, etc into your section!
- Don't just create something blindly, try and plan a flow, ensure that what you add to the worm fits the previous entry: even the tiniest shade difference in colour is noticeable!
- If you're stuck, ask for help! The previous participant can always send you a copy of their PSD for you to look over :)

>>> EXAMPLE WORMS:
- Please look at these first to get a "feel" of what a worm should be like!
- http://www.animerender.com/worm.htm
- http://animesukiworm.webs.com/
- http://www.narutotcg.com/mana/leworm.html
- http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/971/afworm2012.png (This is an example of the "misaligned/shade difference" problem I pointed out earlier)
- http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/signatures/mobafire-gfx-worm-thread-8284 (previous MobaFire Worm thread, check it out if you like)

>>> ORDER OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Apfeljack
2. jhoijhoi
3. Nyoike
4. TheMcDanee
5. The_Nameless_Bard
6. DuskToGlory
7. Apfeljack
8. Arcana3
10. jhoijhoi
? This could be you! Don't hesitate to sign up, all levels of experience welcome! This is a learning experience for everyone, and it is all about having fun, so don't sweat it; participate, we won't bite :)

>>> OTHER STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- I will update this post with entries for the worm.
- Anyone can participate, no matter their skill level or program they use.
- You can book a spot whenever you like, did you want spot 13? k, will reserve it for you!
- I'm a full time university student, so I may not be able to respond to questions within minutes to hours of them being posted, but I'm sure others will be able to help you out! Don't hesitate to ask questions and I'll ensure the answers are put up here :)

>>> WORM PARTS (NOM NOM SLIMEY):
Apfeljack
<Altruistic Artist>
Apfeljack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:27am | Report
I love this idea. I'm just pretty bad with making GFX stuff. Could I also just draw something? I think I can take care of the transition somehow. :D
I'd love to have slot number 7! I can also take number 1 if that makes more sense ...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:33am | Report
:D zomg you're going to draw stuff for the worm?!?!?! D: That's awesome! Sure, did you want to start it off? I'd be happy to allocate you spot number 1 and 7 if you like. If possible, could you include the MobaFire logo somewhere in the first one, so people know it's a MobaFire worm (possibly the words "MobaFire Worm" too, but that's up to you!).

Yay, slots #1 and #7 taken!
Apfeljack
<Altruistic Artist>
Apfeljack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:45am | Report
Nice! Yeah, I can take care of that. :) I think I'll have #1 done by Sunday. (Still on vacation currently.)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:52am | Report
Rightyo! Enjoy your vacation ^^ Gives us time to fill in the other slots :) Looking forward to everyone's creative pieces! xD
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 7:49am | Report
ill decide when it gets going. People are unaware of what a worm is ergo I see this falling apart...Hence my "wait and see" status.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 8:23am | Report
Well, there's plenty of examples in the OP, and I do detail what a worm is... including a link back to the first MobaFire worm thread :/ Is there any other way to make this clearer to people who aren't familiar with the concept?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 8:50am | Report
I'll take slot 5 :3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 8:51am | Report
Yay! I'll sign you up, Amanda :3