Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New Splash Art!

Creator: Electro522 August 26, 2014 9:06pm
163 posts - page 3 of 17
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 12:33pm | Report
I'm not a fan of these new splash arts.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:23pm | Report
Vayne's expression kills whatever action was in that piece of work. If I were that artist's art director, I would've stopped him from coloring in at the initial stage of that concept splash art. There's not a hint of intensity in the expression that the background/gesture tries so hard to create. The expression just doesn't make sense. I know Vayne is supposed to be cool and calm, but that pose just screams "This is a ****ing heated battle!". All they'd have to do is add in a little tension under the eye and maybe have her show a little teeth and it would've definitely added for a more expressive concept. It's not bad, but I just feel that change would've made for a better piece altogether. I think they just had the in game icon in mind, but either or, the in game icon looks terrible.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:26pm | Report
The akali one is nice. No more overexposed sideboobs.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:28pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
The akali one is nice. No more overexposed sideboobs.

What are you? gay?
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 3:34pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
How can you like the Shyvana one, she looks like a man (and I like men so it shouldn't be a problem but it's an ugly man anyway)

As I've said somewhere else, she looks like what Aatrox should've looked like, but without an excessively long torso
I honestly don't know how anyone can think that Shyvana looks like a man.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I ain't never seen a man with an hourglass figure like that.

EDIT:

I'd rather have her looking like a man tbh if it means she could look so bad ***. I mean, it would be awful if Riot gave her a boobplate or a window in the armor to showcase cleavage. Kind of why I really like Kayle's armor because it wasn't designed to tell everyone, hey in case you forgot, I'm a girl. I also really like the Akali splash because the old one was really bad quality. Her second arm seems kind of weird though.

Can't wait for the orianna splash.
My Guides

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 3:59pm | Report

Because clearly all of her body is covered in armor. Nope, there's no way one could pierce through that perfectly crafted piece of Dwarven armor.

What annoys me above all is how she seems so half-done. She has slight dragon traces but her face is both manly and humanesque. She has a void expression, the only thing baddass about her is how she seems to carry a gigantic strap-on under her "armor" that she's gonna use on the first Lulu she sees.

jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 4:11pm | Report
Those purple areas beneath the chest plate aren't part of her armor? lol I did not notice that.
My Guides

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2014 12:10pm | Report
Omg I love it
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2014 12:17pm | Report
That's.... wow. Riot made splash art that's better than the original. Miracles can happen!
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2014 12:27pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
That's.... wow. Riot made splash art that's better than the original. Miracles can happen!

i can agree that shyvana's one looks too manly cuz of her chest, but saying that her new splash, and vayne one, are **** and worse then the previous is just ridiculous. I only miss the URF grave on vayne's one :(
"Some call it magic. I call it good graphic."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide