Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Splash Art!

Creator: Electro522 August 26, 2014 9:06pm
163 posts - page 5 of 17
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 1:42am | Report
Just look at that face... it certainly doesn't look like a female if you remove other parts.

And I could swear it reminds me of Wukong
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 1:47am | Report
Riot hits its lowest point in the splash art updates

I don't know what it is about her, but it's kinda like she's a wax sculpture or something; scales don't look like scales and skin doesn't look like skin.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:36am | Report
That's because she barely received skin shading apart from 2-3 major color layers and her nose is shinning like she's either oily or made of plastic.

I hate this splash art, the helm is undetailed and uninspired, her face is weird (eyebrows wth), she doesn't look fierce at all, she looks like a cat that spotted a ball rolling nearby, and BOOBS WOOO YES BOOBS GOTTA SHOW THE BOOBS BECAUSE CASS DOESN'T ALREADY HAVE THEM OUT ENOUGH. They should just make her carry her own boobs in her hand or something.

I find the lighting interesting though. The height of the sand dunes inside that temple (or whatever it is) is laughable though, unless she likes making sand dunes or something.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:43am | Report
BlueArtist wrote:
Just look at that face... it certainly doesn't look like a female if you remove other parts.

And I could swear it reminds me of Wukong

Well the face doesn't really have to look "female". Most LoL women are same face-y enough, but I admit the one Cass has here is pretty bad. The glowing eyes prolly would've been better.

FalseoGod wrote:
I hate this splash art, the helm is undetailed and uninspired, her face is weird (eyebrows wth), she doesn't look fierce at all, she looks like a cat that spotted a ball rolling nearby, and BOOBS WOOO YES BOOBS GOTTA SHOW THE BOOBS BECAUSE CASS DOESN'T ALREADY HAVE THEM OUT ENOUGH. They should just make her carry her own boobs in her hand or something..

Agree with this 100% though I kind of like the background (event though it's kinda wtf. I thought it was some night at the museum thing at first.) because they put in detail unlike other "filler backgrounds" alá Vayne or Soraka.

Another thing that's bothering me is the length of her snake half. In game it's only like twice her human half, but here it looks six times as long.
My Guides

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:50am | Report
Even the Wukong splash sided with Cass' splash shows lazyness: the older splash art has more detail and lighting subtleties. I just think that the portrait part of each splash art should REALLY be well thought out, since it's the one that'll be seen the most (apart from champs that are featured in the main page, where everything plays an important role).

Every artist should be 100% focused on how the champ art will fit that rectangle and then how to make the whole something interesting, not just doodle a face so they can next spend 10 hours lighting scales that many players won't see.

Also, you can clearly see the artist had issues with the perspective of the jewels incrusted on Cass's sides in the frontal perspective of her snake body (biggest section of her body, left side). I dare say he only considered adding the jewels afterwards/was reminded by someone else. They shouldn't even be showing tbh, since they're on the bottom side of her body and the circular shape would never or barely allow you to see them from above in a frontal perspective.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 5:35am | Report
Is it me or was that Cass plash art not even drawn? that **** looks like horrible 3D imagery.
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 4:37pm | Report
(Not sure if the is the right place to do this) but guys, have you seen order of the lotus karma?

So pretty.
My Guides

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 5:11pm | Report
It seems kinda weird. Maybe it's just me though.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 5:36pm | Report
(Not sure if the is the right place to do this) but guys, have you seen order of the lotus karma?

So pretty.

wtf is wrong with riot
THE SKIN ON THEIR NEW CHAMP SPLASHES LOOKS ENTIRELY PLASTIC
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 6:06pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

wtf is wrong with riot
THE SKIN ON THEIR NEW CHAMP SPLASHES LOOKS ENTIRELY PLASTIC

The problem I see with the skin is the art style they choose. It's like they tried to do Asian fusion, but in a bad way.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide