Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

3 Doran's Blades

Creator: Svingas June 6, 2011 2:02pm
1 2 3 4 5
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:02pm | Report
I have recently updated my Sivir build to incorporate the new item build that I have adapted. I have been very busy for the past month or so, thus I did not get to it earlier. I would like to hear some input on the value of stacking three doran's blades during the laning phase. I laid out my reasoning in my items and gameplay section and I would like to hear others opinions whether you agree or disagree. This spreads beyond just Sivir to other physical carries, but I am asking specifically in regards to my build as a whole.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:15pm | Report
Well, when I play Sivir I always start with Doran's Blade (Sometimes Doran's Shield if I know my mid opponent is going to be hard to face) but stacking them isn't usually something I do. Maybe it's because Sivir has no problems winning a lane, so you don't really need the bonuses because of how well she farms, but I'd definitely say it's viable.

Retreating?! Hell no, we're just attacking the other direction!

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:18pm | Report
in regards to sivir: you'll never need more than 2

and 2 is a bit of a stretch to start with anyway

i don't think you understand WHY high elo players invest in double dorans, and on carries like Ashe and Miss Fortune, three dorans blades.

Quoted:
This also gives you a boost early game while the other mid is saving up for bigger items.

Setting yourself back 950 gold (double dorans) is already bad if the enemy carry is not doing the same thing. One dorans is fine, double dorans is usually if the enemy laner has some sort of significant damage output outside of auto attacking (i.e caitlyn Q, Ashe Volley) and you need the HP to help sustain yourself, three dorans is if you KNOW you will **** your lane if you don't have that extra HP and you need the damage to make it easier for you to farm because you're being dominated.

3 dorans is 1425 gold - almost the cost of a b.f sword. So imagine if the enemy gets a bf sword and boots and you have 3 dorans blades and boots - you're not getting any significant damage boost but their carry already has a massive damage boost and a component to either infinity edge or bloodthirster - this means you're 1600 gold behind already in getting your core damage item.

basically, you need to decide on buying dorans depending on your performance. if you start with one and you are managing your lane fine, stick with one. if you're having some difficulties with their auto attacks or they can do some heavy damage to you, take double dorans to help sustain and "reduce" damage (more hp = more they have to attack you), if you're getting shat on in your lane and you HAVE to stay there, consider 3 dorans, but that's mostly a waste if you're not playing ashe or MF, since all other carries have a form of damage reducing / nulifying / escape outside of summoners.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:27pm | Report
The reason I have seen a lot of people getting multiple doran's items seems to be so that they have something new to buy each time they return to base. Is that a good reason to get more doran's blades, A.K.A. two or three?

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:29pm | Report
they get 3 simply because it give you the life steal and life you need to stay alive , allowing you to focus ONLY on damage build after
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:36pm | Report
Stack dorans on ashe.

IMO,
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 2:44pm | Report
Yeah the 9% lifesteal is helpful. Sivir is also very low health so 300 health is nice too. It's been working very well for me, but I just want to know if there are better options.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 3:07pm | Report
/sigh why did you guys completely ignore Jet's post? he was completely right, you only buy more and more doran's if you're getting screwed over in your lane. If you can lane just fine and get away with a single doran's then by all means try to do that and go for your core item but if you're getting ****ed over in the lane buy more Doran's.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 3:15pm | Report
also, you know lifesteal is halfed on range, right im wrong they changed it, ****ing riot

but 3 dorans is still a bad idea
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 4:11pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

/sigh why did you guys completely ignore Jet's post? he was completely right, you only buy more and more doran's if you're getting screwed over in your lane. If you can lane just fine and get away with a single doran's then by all means try to do that and go for your core item but if you're getting ****ed over in the lane buy more Doran's.

That's what I said, only a lot more vague.

Any ship can be a minesweeper... once.

1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide