Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

3 Doran's Blades

Creator: Svingas June 6, 2011 2:02pm
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 4:20pm | Report
no, you said it's viable with no understanding as to the situation in why it would be viable
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 5:33pm | Report
I've always understood what makes it viable. It's really not that hard to understand. But I also said that I usually don't do it. I didn't go into detail for these things because I didn't know this conversation would pop up, lol.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 6:22pm | Report
I wasn't ignoring his post either. You just misread both of our posts and assumed we were. I was taking into account what he said and asking him if my suggestion would be another appropriate reason to get multiple doran's. That is what I see most commonly, even if the person is having no problem in lane. The one I see doing this most often is Hotshot as Sivir.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 7:46pm | Report
That's because at higher ELO you can't afford to be so greedy. The moment the opponent sees that they have an advantage against you in lane they'll push that advantage as hard as they can.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 11:48pm | Report
Why not just get a philo stone or an avarice blade for the gp/5? that way you're actually getting gold out of it...not just stacking a ****py item
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 11:54pm | Report
Costs more.

DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 6:42am | Report
I like stacking Doran's Blades, but as has been mentioned it's situational. I mean, I think it's pretty helpful regardless. More HP and damage in one shot is pretty great. It helps in the ganks and helps in the team fights. What I've been running a lot on TF is boots, 3 doran's, sword of divine and hextech. Proving really nice so far even when I wreck the lane. But I don't play a high level, so take it with a grain of salt. Moral of the story, I find it helpful and not a detriment to my overall build.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 7:17am | Report
For a character like Sivir, Philosopher's stones or avarice blades aren't very helpful and it doesn't build up much gold. It puts you behind more than it helps and doran's blades are definitely not ****py early game. So you're suggestion that at mid-level elo I won't need to get more than two doran's blades when I am already winning my lane?

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 7:22am | Report
Who cares if you get 2 or 3 Dorans as long as you win the game? Just buy what you want to, if it works its fine.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 7:47am | Report
tinolas wrote:

Who cares if you get 2 or 3 Dorans as long as you win the game? Just buy what you want to, if it works its fine.

No.

If you build retiredly and get carried all the time it'll never be because you helped win. Learning how to build properly is super important (tired of seeing PD rushing Ages, it's ******ed as ****.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide