Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Taric - Trinity Force, any problems?

Creator: arthurwins October 10, 2011 9:01pm
arthurwins
<Member>
arthurwins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 9:01pm | Report
Hello MOBA community,

I'm trying to master Taric and I've found that it was more usefull for me getting a different build from what I've seen in many guides. Please comment about it. (this is for SR/TT)

I start picking a meki pendant and some pots for laning phase. If enemies have good AP nukers I build Chalice of Harmony, if not, I already start to pick the items for Trinity. I firstly get the Sapphire Crystal and the Ruby Crystal. Them I pick the rest randomly.

The point is that I don't like building a support Taric. The heal IMO is not so potent to get many mana items like the guides I've seen are recommending. What you guys think that works best for Taric?
"Povo Heroíco Brado e Retumbante"
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Support
Tanky Support
AP Support
AD/AS Support

You really have to play him as a support. That's what he is. It you're going to take all the farm from your allies, you might as well pick an actual offtank or carry.

Honestly, just getting some gold/10 items and then building tanky support is the best way to go imo. Some people build him a little more offensively, but not full-out tanky DPS (hopefully not glass either).

EDIT: There are some more gimmicky strategies (like solo top or jungle Taric) which you could try if you want to build offensively, but I really don't think that's the best way to use his kit.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 7:10am | Report
You underestimating support Taric...means you'll never master him. You getting kills does not mean you're good. The reason why support Taric is good is because he can keep people alive, he keeps people's armor above 100 with his shatter and aegis if you build it, he slows enemies attack speed if you build frozen heart but you also get mana so you won't be mana starved and you'll be tanky as **** yourself. Wait what that's only two items and you're already ****ing the other team up?
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:01am | Report
Want to feel more useful?

Start jungle taric.

I even have a video I just need to upload it.

P.S. You still build support, that is what taric does. Want to be useful to your team? get aegis of the legion, starks fevor, abyssal scetper, frozen heart, whatever you can get that allows you to help your team more in the particular situation.

P.P.S Boots of Ionia and frozen heart make for some insane cd reduction so you can spam dem heals.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 8:00am | Report
^Jungle Taric is bad. Worse than jungle Sion.

Stark is a bad item in general and those items are all expensive (except for Aegis ofc), supports doesn't have much money to spend on gear.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 9:14am | Report
Jungle taric was good until they reduced the dmg on shatter.

Now it's bad =_=
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 1:01pm | Report
NEVER GET IT ON HIM. *crawls into corner* My friend tried... let's just say I won't be playing with him for a while.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:50pm | Report
lol w/e starks is a great item in the right situation.

Oh hey you got a xin zhao and vayne on your team /starks

Matter of fact I just saw a taric w starks at IEM new york and it enabled his caitlyn to skip bloodthirster going straight for IE + PD combo and sustain just as well.

Life steal/attack speed/armor pen aura. useless?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide