Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Amumu Health Regen Quints?

Creator: Freddy Shopan August 8, 2011 11:28pm
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 11:28pm | Report
I was wondering how effective health regen quints are on a jungle amumu/regrowth pendant start. I've seen it before, but never used it. How does it compare to something like health or defense quints?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:02am | Report
Health quints give you more breathing room for jungling (in case of ganks) and armor quints will make better use of your health. HP5 quints aren't the greatest choice usually, but it might work since Amumu relies on pots and regen to jungle. I'm afraid I don't have them so I can't give you a firm answer, but my guess would be that they work, but aren't optimal.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 5:22am | Report
I thought that they'd work too at first, but after getting good at jungling with him I realized that armor quints is the best choice. You don't lack HP-reg with regrowth, you lack durability(armor).
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
HelmOfRichard
<Member>
HelmOfRichard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:40pm | Report
if you already have a regrowth pendant, i dont see why you'd need more regen. You dont gain bonus cool points for having more regen. Flat health however gives you more breathing room and makes it much harder to counter jungle you. This is good because Amumu already has an escape mechanism in the form of bandage toss in the jungle once he hits level 4. You can rely on burning your flash before then. Either way, its harder to kill you before you make your escape
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:54pm | Report
Flat HP is **** compared to armor...
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 4:20pm | Report
yeahhh... the armor actually does make sense. Best of both worlds. Get your armor AND your regen. I'll give it a shot.

p.s. right now I'm using health which is fine for cloth armor, but he does die too fast for regen unless I get a really good leash. Armor quints seem like the right idea.
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 8:26pm | Report
Lol, my Amumu has no problems with Runes that include Magic Pen marks, flat armor seals, AP per level glyphs, AP per level quints.

But then again, maybe I should change it slightly to help my Amumu as well as my other champions... (Lol the Vlad guide suggested me to buy those -.-)
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 6:35pm | Report
They're pretty good if you want to start with a Regrowth pendant to rush philo stone faster over the usual cloth armor/5 pots.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide