Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Building Corki

Creator: laurensj June 23, 2011 2:08am
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7017
Joined:
Sep 30th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 9:15am | Report
I like starting with Boots+3 pot personally. I know Xai does too.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1560
Joined:
Dec 20th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:10am | Report
Boots 3 pot is the way to go 90% of the time. For the other 10%, cloth armor 5 pot.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:54am | Report
The problem with Cloth Armor on Corki is that is doesn't build into anything..
D shield>Cloth+pots.


Boots and pots start is great, but I consider D shield to be on the same level. Why is D shield so rare on Corki? (I use armor and MR yellow/blue too, so that scales lovely with the HP from D shield)
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Posts:
124
Joined:
Jun 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 11:48am | Report
Well, Corki doesn't have problems with harass in lane. So Doran's shield doesn't do much for him.

Boots allow him to move faster for auto-attack harass and for moving in his lane. The pots give him all the sustain he needs.
PINK
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2510
Joined:
Oct 4th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 11:54am | Report
Doran's shield doesn't seem like quite the best start on Corki for the reasons Summoner said.

I found that a Doran's shield -> Doran's blade combo is great on Tristana, who needs level 6 to unleash her true combo. The doran's shield keeps her health up until level 6, and I still get a doran's blade to compensate with extra AD. The combo is better than double/triple doran's combo because it's better defense for a longer time, and it doesn't cost as much as triple doran's.

I'm not sure how viable that'd be on Corki, though it's worth a shot.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 12:47pm | Report
If he doesn't have trouble with harass, how come Cloth+pots is a viable choice?
D shield is just superior to cloth start on Corki..
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3930
Joined:
Sep 11th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 12:58pm | Report
Cloth pots is against a heavy heavy heavy AD harass that throws consistent tower dives against you. It rarely happens, but it's needed at times.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 1:00pm | Report
But I'm pretty sure D shield is superior in that area..
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3930
Joined:
Sep 11th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 1:12pm | Report
Cloth Armor/5 promotes more aggressive playstyle. The more interesting fights to watch mid/solo if you would say. Basically, it's balls to the walls from both player. Doran's Shield promotes passive play. Flat Armor, +100 HP, little Hp/5. If you look at it, the gain from a little extra armor outweighs the +100 hp and the 5 HP pots return a lot of needed and 'instant' HP.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10094
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 1:16pm | Report

Haha, if you have Manamune+Sheen at level 6 then you're hacking. :P


Or just ridiculously fed. (10/0, 20/0?)


You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide