Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Caitlyn build - feels like im missing dps, why?

Creator: Clonie January 19, 2011 11:03am
1 2
Clonie
<Member>
Clonie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 11:03am | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/my-builds-1-48841

this is my current caitlyn buildt, however i feel like doing no damage at all, reading how other people say caitlyns dmg is OP i dont understand it... so im wondering if anyone could give it a look, any advise is welcome, but plz write it here and not comments in the build

Regards
Clonie
Clonie
<Member>
Clonie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 11:05am | Report
Ps. i do however still lack the quint runes, im using AS speed and CDR in sted
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 1:53pm | Report
You've got quite a large amount of damage already - when you say that you're doing no damage at all, are you remembering to attack their squishy champions and not their tanks? Are you positioning yourself so that you don't die instantly to enemy focus fire?
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Also when people mean that her DMG is OP, they are usually refferring to her amazing early game presence.
That is when her DMG output is OP, because you can rain shots from afar and not get touched because they actually do something to them so they will stay atbay, and if not you can easily get first blood. Use this amaizng early game harrasement to your advantage and establish lane control,usually when you do that you get more gold faster. Which leads to you having a 1 to 2 more items than every1 else and maybe even have levels on their whole team. You pretty much have to keepthe pressure with her up and remeber to utilize her early game domince.
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 2:44pm | Report
No matter what I build I always seem to be unable to deal any lategame damage on Caitlyn.

It's the same for the other AD carry main in our clan - even using the same items that deal insane damage on other right-click champs, they seem to deal hardly anything on Caitlyn.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2011 12:46am | Report
max out Q faster.

Get AS item for start and faster lane farming, Getting mallet 1st is maybe safe but it gimps your dps ALOT, get red buff instead for slow in early/mid game.

Get some crit, rush IE faster.

Boots->AS item->IE

her damage is high early game, a bit sucky mid game and insane lategame.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Clonie
<Member>
Clonie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2011 3:20am | Report
so i should go more like this builds?

reason i want the vamp scepter early is so i dont need to spend gold on health potions, or use time getting back to much, it dosent give a lot on each shot but doing lots of shots it helps out quite fine :P
in short, i can stay longer in the lane with this item

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/my-builds-2-50556
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2011 5:42am | Report
Should work better than the old one.

Also how do you loose HP that you "need to spend money on pots" ? you have biggest range ingame and even bigger on penetrating Q. Who gets close enaugh to harras you?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2011 6:14am | Report
DEWO wrote:

her damage is high early game, a bit sucky mid game and insane lategame.

I think her main issue is that it's hard to get into the lategame phase unless you're playing a very long game. Most games are decided in the late mid-game, so the only way you're really gonna complete a build is if you get double and triple kills in mid-game.

I find Caitlyn to be a rather poor choice for a carry for this reason, since she's only strong in early-game but falls off in usefulness rapidly, you risk losing mid-game and thus the rest of the game, unless you have the ability to farm a ridiculous amount.

I compare her to Tryndamere - he's rather useless without items as well, and it's hard for him to get items since he has such a poor game *without* items. But in those long, 60+ minute battles, it's easy for him to finish his build - same with Caitlyn.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2011 6:58am | Report
I don't see this "not strong late game" in effect when I play, to be honest. I can do a good load of damage, and drop people fast. Sorry, I just don't see it >_>
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide