Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Got an issue...

Creator: helper08 June 15, 2014 12:33am
helper08
<Member>
helper08's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 12:33am | Report
So I'm trying to make a guide and I'm at the Pros and Cons section. I tried making it similar to jhoijhoi's in his/her guide creation guide (the one with the Bad or Good Karthus build). The problem is that only the top half of the coding is shown so I don't know how to add the second half, the cons. When I tried doing it myself, the pictures' placement get messed up. My theory for this is that I have too many things in my pros and cons section, but I would like to know if there's anything else I could do to fix this.

Pros

Cons
Excellent poke
Javelin Toss is one of the highest non-ultimate damage caused by an ability at max range
Traps that damage, reveal, and shred Armor and Magic Resistance
Great sustain with heal
Heal is an Attack Speed steroid
Great mobility with passive and Pounce in Cougar form
Good sustained damage with Cougar form's abilities
Cougar form's abilities don't cost mana
She turns into a cat :3

Very gankable pre-six
Javelin Toss can easily be blocked by minions
Very mana-hungy early
Not as big a power spike as midlaners like Syndra due to no 'real' ultimate
Poor laning phase pre-six
Bad at farming under tower pre-six
Weak in teamfights
No peeling abilities
Takedown scales off of Attack Damage
Disable CC shut Nidalee down

Nidalee is a strong mid or support laner who excels at poking and the occasional sustained fight. Her Javelin Toss is one of the strongest non-ultimate abilities in the game at max range which makes her probably the best poker as well. Nidalee also has great mobility with a low cooldown Pounce and her passive Prowl. This allows Nidalee to easily slip in and out of fights and escape or chase. Pounce an also be used to reposition yourself for a better place to Javelin Toss your enemies. Nidalee's supporting is also not too bad as well. Nidalee's Bushwhack gives vision and can be a free ward if put in bushes correctly. Nidalee also has a heal for sustain and the heal also gives an Attack Speed steroid to its target, synergizing well with Autoattack based Champions like Vayne.

(If you're seeing this then you get a sneak peek at what the guide is and what it's going to be :P)

(I would show the coding that I wrote to get this... if I knew how to do it XD)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 7:14am | Report
Hi ^^

I do watch the comment sections of my guides, so I would have been happy to help you there, but I'll keep my answer short. The reason why I showed the coding for only the "first" section is because the coding is exactly the same for the second section - I didn't think it was necessary to display the same coding twice ^^

I take it you were trying to replicate this coding provided in my coding guide?
jhoijhoi wrote:
Code:
[columns] [nextcol width=100][center][b][color=green]Pros[/color][/b][/center] [center][icon=brute force size=40][/center] [nextcol width=20] [nextcol width=250][color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [nextcol width=20] [nextcol]IN DEPTH EXPLANATION.[/columns]

To ustilise said coding, simply implement text where needed. So this is your pros section done up:
Quoted:
Pros
+ Excellent poke
+ Javelin Toss is one of the highest non-ultimate damage caused by an ability at max range
+ Traps that damage, reveal, and shred Armor and Magic Resistance
+ Great sustain with heal
+ Heal is an Attack Speed steroid
+ Great mobility with passive and Pounce in Cougar form
+ Good sustained damage with Cougar form's abilities
+ Cougar form's abilities don't cost mana
+ She turns into a cat :3
Nidalee is a strong mid or support laner who excels at poking and the occasional sustained fight. Her Javelin Toss is one of the strongest non-ultimate abilities in the game at max range which makes her probably the best poker as well. Nidalee also has great mobility with a low cooldown Pounce and her passive Prowl. This allows Nidalee to easily slip in and out of fights and escape or chase. Pounce an also be used to reposition yourself for a better place to Javelin Toss your enemies. Nidalee's supporting is also not too bad as well. Nidalee's Bushwhack gives vision and can be a free ward if put in bushes correctly. Nidalee also has a heal for sustain and the heal also gives an Attack Speed steroid to its target, synergizing well with Autoattack based Champions like Vayne.

coding

Hope this helps! *Note, I lengthened the column width of the attributes, as you've used almost full sentences, meaning it needed to be wider to look neater. To make that column even more attractive, I'd make the font size smaller, and increase that column width even further, as so:

Pros
+ Excellent poke
+ Javelin Toss is one of the highest non-ultimate damage caused by an ability at max range
+ Traps that damage, reveal, and shred Armor and Magic Resistance
+ Great sustain with heal
+ Heal is an Attack Speed steroid
+ Great mobility with passive and Pounce in Cougar form
+ Good sustained damage with Cougar form's abilities
+ Cougar form's abilities don't cost mana
+ She turns into a cat :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 7:27am | Report
Edit: Oh. Okay. I just had a look at your coding. Coding works exactly the same with anything you can copy and paste. Simply copy and paste the coding twice to use the coding twice. You don't need to add the "second half" of the coding to the original coding, as each coding cluster is separate.

I hope that makes sense. So use this coding twice, instead of trying to fit both the pros and cons in the same coding cluster (just change it from pros to cons in the second copy + paste):
Code:
[columns] [nextcol width=100][center][b][color=green]Pros[/color][/b][/center] [center][icon=brute force size=40][/center] [nextcol width=20] [nextcol width=250][color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [color=green]+[/color] POSITIVE ATTRIBUTE [nextcol width=20] [nextcol]IN DEPTH EXPLANATION.[/columns]

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
helper08
<Member>
helper08's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 9:03am | Report
Okay, thank you so much ^>^. This stumped me for quite a long time. I wanted to have something similar to your guide, yet not exactly the same since that'd be copying. It also just feels nice, figuring out how to do something on my own. Now that I see this, though, I feel somewhat dumb not realizing this in the first place. I'll try to workout the rest so thank you so much for your help :D.

(On a side note, this would also be an About Nidalee section as well so I wanted to have the paragraph be separate to the pros and cons. I never realized how positive I was in the about section XD. I actually like this way more than mine. I didn't put the paragraph next to the pros part because I didn't think it would fit but...MAGIC :D)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 4:12pm | Report
If you're not used to coding, I can absolutely see why you went about it the way you did :) Don't feel bad, at least you're using coding and had the fortitude to ask for help! Lastly, nevermind about copying coding. That's what my guide is there for, for people to copy and manipulate to their liking.

Don't forget, you can "Quote" a comment to access their coding via a reply.

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
helper08
<Member>
helper08's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 5:30pm | Report
Okay :D, thank you so much for all of your help :D.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide