Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kazega's Thread of Review

Creator: Kazega November 30, 2011 11:57pm
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2011 1:25pm | Report
you got plenty of time and you can request a re-review Fictionized and-

HEY! My Shyvana guide is also in the Top ten.... Oh it is ON!!! XP
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2011 1:40pm | Report
Sorry D:

Your guide probably deserves to be number 2 if I'm number 1 or number 1 if I'm number 2.

LMO, our guides are the only decent ones to look at tbh.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Summoner Name: Kirluu
Post count at time of Request: 392
Guide is for: Garen - Summoner's Rift
Have you played the Champion since the Last patch?: No, however there have been no changes to Garen in the last patch, so yeah :3
Why I want the guide to be reviewed: Well, I haven't gotten the amount of attention I had hoped for in comparison with how much work I've put into the guide. That's the honest and sole reason, and also, I like to hear the opinion of others. I generally don't enjoy comments such as "This sucks" nor "This is awesome". I like more in-depth explainations.
Guide Link
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 12:50am | Report
I just reviewed a couple more guides. Keep 'em coming guys

And don't forget to look at my guides and comment and vote as you see fit.
NoobyPower
<Member>
NoobyPower's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 2:01am | Report
Kazega, you miscalculated Calibern's score. It's meant to be 13 instead of 12.
Did I help you out? +Rep me :)
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sigs!

Check out my Tristana guide! Tristana: The Little Package of Destruction (OLD)

New Tristana guide coming soonTM
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 2:11am | Report
thanks for that. I would loose my head if it was attached to my body with mah sexy neck
Taneren
<Member>
Taneren's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 5:17am | Report
Kazega wrote:

Presentation: 4/5
Content: 1/3
Conveyance: 2/5
Spelling/Grammar 3/3
Total: 10/16

It was really hard for me to read through this guide. I feel like you are trying to do too much with this guide. Formatting could be better (use varying text sizes) and a lot of information could be consolidated and placed better. The best way to do that is to have a section on only Support Taric. Start with the Pregame set-up and build and explain the gameplay and ward placement. Do the same with your other builds and finally include general information like Enemy champions, laning partners and so-on. A quick way to solve this is to stick to one or two builds. But whatever you do, consolidation is much needed in this guide

Alright, I know that I wrote that I accept both negative and positive criticism.. But did you really read this, or did you just skip most of it and make a quick judgement?
Presentation: 4/5 - Cool, thank you. What else can I upgrade to get a 5/5?
Content: 1/3 - ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! I might missunderstand the word? Content is for me, information about the Champion, how to handle him, what to do and what to buy.
What do I need, I really wish to know what I need to add 2 more to get 3/3?
I got.
1. Introduction.
2. Pro's & Cons.
3. Summoner spells.
4. Abilities.
5. Laning, for every single role. HOW TO and WHAT TO, even WHEN TO.
6. Partners, I listed good partners for both AD-Ranged, AP and AD-Melee. And HOW TO go in, and what rotation.
7. I explain team work for each of the 4 roles once again.
8. I who to focus, what to do and when to do it. I even take care of how they should do in the teamfight.
9. I point out one of the most important things, NEVER CHASE A TARGET AND RISK YOUR TEAM DYING IN THE MEAN WHILE.
10. I got the supporting, how to start the game using Clairvoyance and where, followed by what items you should starto ut with. Core items, boots, everything you will need for the situation and your enemies.
Still you write and I quote "A quick way to solve this is to stick to one or two builds." I don't why you are saying this? You shouldn't EVER stick to one build, you should build in a way to counter your enemies. And I list what you need there, on both Support, AP, Jungle and Tank. Tell me why I shouldn't list everything a person should need to counter the different teams?
11. I got more than just 1 rune suggestion for each chapter of the 4 roles. Again with more than just 1 rune in Marks, Seals, Glyphs and Quintessences, I even explain WHY you should pick a specific sort of runes, all depending on your playstyle.
12. I got masteries, and once again its for all 4 roles.
13. I got my skill order / ability sequence, and I explain why I max out my skills in that order.
14. I quote again, about my wards and pregame set-up build "Start with the Pregame set-up and build and explain the gameplay and ward placement. Do the same with your other builds and finally include general information like Enemy champions, laning partners and so-on" Wait whaa? I do have my pregame set-up and build explain, the gameplay is added earlier for people to understand how to play Taric before adding the build, it would confuse them. Besides that, why the hell should I place my ward section in the start of the support guide? It would be a lot more smart to put it in the end, when they understood what supporting is about. Explain me why I should put it in the start of my support guide, and I will consider it. Laning partners should not be before the build, why?! I place it after my build, and after I'm done explaining about Taric so people understand WHY and HOW I act against the different champions.
15. I got laning enemies and how to counter them, and what way to handle them.
16. I got the skill rotation when attacking, and going in for a kill. I even explain why I do like this.
17. I got the jungle, giving you different ways of building and why you should do so.
18. I got a video showing an excellent route, and why I go this route as well.

Now I'm about to end it, but I quote you again ". I feel like you are trying to do too much with this guide" OF COURSE I AM TRYING TO MUCH WITH THIS GUIDE? I do not deserve to lie as number #1 on the list, if I do not try and make it the best possible and upgrade it as much as possible, to help people understand the wonderfull champion known as Taric.

Another quote "Formatting could be better (use varying text sizes) " Where is there to format better? Go into details about what to change and do better. + I've seen your guide and the way you use text sizes, quite frankly I dislike it, but here is what I will do. On the small text with for example "Core Items" and "Boots" I will make it bigger, fair enough, I can see that I should increase the size there, but not on almost every single headline, that looks silly.

Conveyance 2/5 - What does that word mean? I tried to translate it, but well.. I did not understand it on my language neither. Anyways 2/5 ? what can I do to improve this?

Spelling/Grammar 3/3: Cool, 3/3 a thank you to Wayne3100 for helping me with the grammatic part.

Besides that, I do not think you should EVER post your review of a guide on your list on your own guide, before getting a respond from the owner of the guide himself.

And please, try and make the persons guide you review feel like you actually did bother to read it.. I didn't feel that way, it's like you just skipped most of it, or didn't read it good enough. I cannot understand a 1/3 in content.. WHAT DO I NEED?

-Taneren. Can't wait for your respond :) But i'm gonna post this comment on both my own guide, and your review guide.

Thank you for your time to review my guide <3
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 5:52am | Report
Chill out dude. Content isn't just the information, but how it is indexed and laid out. You are writing a guide for 4 different Tarics. As such you should be indexing your information to go with which ever Taric the information applies: all your support Taric information goes together and likewise with everything else. Let me Illustrate my point:

These are your chapters in your guide: I point out which Tarics apply to each chapter
Taneren wrote:

1. All Four
2. All Four
3. All Four
4. All Four
5. All Four
6. All Four
7. All Four
8. All Four
9. All Four
10.Support
11.All Four
12.All Four
13.All Four
14.All Four
16.Jungle/AP Burster
17.Jungle
18.Jungle

As you can see I have to work hard to find a lot of the information I need to play a Tank Taric. This is why your Content and Conveyance score was low, you have too much information and it isn't organized. To improve this take all the information you have in the guide and organize it so that I can go to a specific section of your guide to read up on what I need to know.

You also mentioned that you don't understand the Word "Conveyance". what the word Translates to is "This is my idea and this is why it is a good idea."

TTDR; The reason your Content and Conveyance scores were low was due to a lot of clutter. Don't mix information between four builds, dedicate a part of your guide to explain what's up. I did read your guide: but as you stated, it felt like I never did.

PS: Fictionized's Shyv guide Reviewed
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 6:29am | Report
EDIT: A few questions as to your points:
Presentation: If this is about the runes, I can use my alternative to see if you like it. If it's about something else, do explain, because I worked my *** off on the formatting. :P
Content: Not to be cocky, but I lol'd. What am I missing in my guide? ><
Conveyance: I think you might have explained that. Do reply to the wall of text below!
Spelling Grammar: Yay? :D

Flamebreath is superior to Twin Bite and Twin Bite should only be used to apply the on-hit effect from Fury of the Dragonborn. Using Flaebreath as a nuke, with the 20% extra damage from your passive, is a better tactic in almost any situation there is to be found. And the situations in which you really would use your Flamebreath before another ability really is quite the RARE situationional situation. (That came out very lame.. but you get my point. If it happens, you will know what to do but it almost never does)

Your jungle path is your own choice. I seriously see absolutely no reason to deduct a point in anything because you think the jungling path is wrong. This path is one of the best for Shyvana I've seen so far (Yes, I did try yours before :P, also with the new jungle) with a reason, even with the new jungle: It gives you speed, versatility and options in which you can react accordingly. I personally believe that jungling paths are 50% current meta, 50% personal ability to make choices in a game.

I've read the Malady vs. Wit's End over and over again and I really cannot see your point. I never decided that it's actually better than Wit's End. I decided that in most situations Malady will serve you a better time than Wit's End.

Did you read the runes section? It's quite different. It explains why I chose those runes for that SPECIFIC role in a game. Yes, the runes have the same essence and use late and mid gae. But I did specifically want to mention why I picked those runes for that specific role that the player would pick to play. Because they have different purposes in the jungle then they have on the top lane.

I'll give you that. I decided to remove the Randuin's Omen and Ghostblade from the core items section. But I'm keeping it in my cheatsheat. A lot of people will have regular afternoon games and will really only look at the sheat. For that reason, I'm going to keep it there because those are the most occuring situational items that people will pick. When I finish my second flowchart they will be able to get info there for solo top and the jungling flowchart is already there.

I'll switch it around in my next big update. (The jungling section being after the solo top section). Thanks.

Thanks for the review, I hope you'll take a look and investigate my reply. (And of course, here hoping, that if you do change your mind you will actually give me an upvote. Lawl, thanks anyways :P)

Cheers!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2011 7:18am | Report
Quoted:

Presentation: If this is about the runes, I can use my alternative to see if you like it. If it's about something else, do explain, because I worked my *** off on the formatting. :P
Some of your headings after a single solid line are placed weird: some larger text could be used to make sections stand out
Quoted:
Content: Not to be cocky, but I lol'd. What am I missing in my guide? ><
Content isn't just about the information. it is also aobut how the information is sorted and indexed. Your second and third chapters can be consolidated into the Introduction for example.
Quoted:
Conveyance: I think you might have explained that. Do reply to the wall of text below!
I'll spend some time to better explain this i guess: Conveyance is basically "here is my idea. This is why it is a good idea"

Quoted:
Flamebreath is superior to Twin Bite and Twin Bite should only be used to apply the on-hit effect from Fury of the Dragonborn. Using Flaebreath as a nuke, with the 20% extra damage from your passive, is a better tactic in almost any situation there is to be found. And the situations in which you really would use your Flamebreath before another ability really is quite the RARE situationional situation. (That came out very lame.. but you get my point. If it happens, you will know what to do but it almost never does)
Not what I said. I asked you to explain "Why Flamebreath." Meaning why max it first. Why not Burnout? Why not Twin Strike?

Quoted:
Your jungle path is your own choice. I seriously see absolutely no reason to deduct a point in anything because you think the jungling path is wrong. This path is one of the best for Shyvana I've seen so far (Yes, I did try yours before :P, also with the new jungle) with a reason, even with the new jungle: It gives you speed, versatility and options in which you can react accordingly. I personally believe that jungling paths are 50% current meta, 50% personal ability to make choices in a game.
I took a point based on it's position in the guide: you first build is your Jungle build. It is the first part of the title Guide. Therefore, you should explain jungling with her before you explain solo laning with her.

Quoted:
I've read the Malady vs. Wit's End over and over again and I really cannot see your point. I never decided that it's actually better than Wit's End. I decided that in most situations Malady will serve you a better time than Wit's End.
FOr Malady your two arguements for are: 1)"A great versatile passive that will help yourself and your team." and 2)"The stats are a great bonus and the passive fits Shyvana really well." and your arguement against Wits end is "Malady will give you better options and versatility than Wit's End." The highlighted parts are the same argument. so you say the same thing three times. When comparing items you can't use "well the other item does this" as a negative point against it.

Quoted:
Did you read the runes section? It's quite different. It explains why I chose those runes for that SPECIFIC role in a game. Yes, the runes have the same essence and use late and mid gae. But I did specifically want to mention why I picked those runes for that specific role that the player would pick to play. Because they have different purposes in the jungle then they have on the top lane.
Trust me: you say the same thing in both columns with the exception of your seals, you just use different words to make it feel like you have two different reasons.

Quoted:
I'll give you that. I decided to remove the Randuin's Omen and Ghostblade from the core items section. But I'm keeping it in my cheatsheat. A lot of people will have regular afternoon games and will really only look at the sheat. For that reason, I'm going to keep it there because those are the most occuring situational items that people will pick. When I finish my second flowchart they will be able to get info there for solo top and the jungling flowchart is already there.
I just mentioned the items section. The cheat sheets are fine

Quoted:
Thanks for the review, I hope you'll take a look and investigate my reply. (And of course, here hoping, that if you do change your mind you will actually give me an upvote. Lawl, thanks anyways :P)
No problem. I stand by my rating and if you want a better one look into what I have said and submit it again. If you still have questions shoot me a PM

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide