Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Meed help making a good guide

Creator: Ruby Death February 5, 2011 4:32pm
1 2
Ruby Death
<Member>
Ruby Death's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 4:32pm | Report
OK so my first two guides were utter **** and no longer exist. Im currently working on an AP Zilean guide and I need help with numbers....LOTS of numbers.
Ill start with the link
My Zilean Guide
Now my first set of question revolves around maxing out my potential AP. How long should it take me to get my max bonus 1k Mana from Tear of the Goddess? and once its maxed how much AP do I get for completing Archangel's Staff? Also does my AP scale up everytime I gain more mana after the completion of the Staff or does it only work when the staff is made?
This is not my only question about Maxing my AP potential with my build but its is my starting point.
RARW im a Tiger between the sheets.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 4:43pm | Report
I'm not sure about mana from Tear, but you should expect 10/15 minutes. Calculate your bonus AP by just taking 3% of your max mana, as the tooltip says. Archangel's Staff constantly provides bonus AP based on your current max mana. If your mana increases or decreases from any source, Archangel's Staff will give more or less AP based on the change.

EDIT: I just calculated it. Assuming you're perfectly casting one spell every 3 seconds, it takes 12.5 minutes to reach 1000 mana from Tear or Archangel's. Obviously, it'll take much longer than 12.5 minutes in game since you will NOT be casting a spell once every three seconds.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 4:46pm | Report
Tear of the Goddess

you get 4 mana per spell cast. so that means you have to cast 250 spells to max the mana.

however you can only cast 2 spells in a 6 second period to have it effect the tear. so thats like one spell every 3 seconds.

it would take 750 seconds, or 12:30 minutes since you built the tear if you cast one spell every 3 seconds. knowing that you won't cast one spell every 3 seconds, and sometimes you cast more spells than it will accept, i'd estimate no less than 20 minutes to max the tear.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Ruby Death
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 5:09pm | Report
OMG that helps a lot. Ive been trying to figure out a general time fram for Tear of the Goddess since I started playing. So basically around the half hour mark I should have Tear of the Goddess and Rod of the Ancient close to maxed so long as im not feeding.
My next question is one about basic math. How do I find a percent of something. Like im using the Calculator on my PC. I haven't had to use math out side of how much something costs verses how much money i have in over 8 years. I think it was something about switch the percent to a decimal point then just divide. But how do I switch a percent to a decimal and where the hell is the divide key on my PC's calculator....
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 5:23pm | Report
There are a few ways to do this.

One way is to use the rule of thumb that every 100 mana you have, you gain 3 AP. So if you have 2500 mana, you're gaining 75 AP from AA. With 4000 mana, you're gaining 120 AP.

Another is to just take your max mana and multiply by 0.03 on your calculator. Both ways give the same answer. It's really very simple arithmetic.
Ruby Death
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 12:06am | Report
Wow I feel like such a ****** for forgetting that 30% is equivalent to .03 but I also like your break down. makes in game rounding and guessing easier on the fly. Thank you guys ill be back another day with ome other questions once I work this in to my guide
Ruby Death
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 6:44pm | Report
ok guys im gonna throw my guid link up now since its more along.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/i-knew-you-were-going-to-do-that-55959
Ill be posting some more match question once i get another chance to sit down and work on this some more.
Hopefully from seeing the guide you might be able to guess a few of the questions i might be thinking about or even come up with some i missed
Ruby Death
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 7:37pm | Report
Whats the max CDr you can have. How much AP do I gain by Default as I level with out any mastery's, runes or items? How much Cdr do I get from the Mana Buff Golem and does it stack on the max CDr(if thats possible)?
How long does the mana buff last with The Utility Master Skill maxed out(+30% duration) On that note how long does it last normally
What do I get from the baron and how long does it last?
How does the Elixir of Brilliance break down by level or is it not even worth it with this build unless I have money to waste?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 7:41pm | Report
New Player FAQ

For finding how much ap you gain by default look at the champion in LoL Wikia (google ftw)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 8:04pm | Report
Ruby Death wrote:

Whats the max CDr you can have. How much AP do I gain by Default as I level with out any mastery's, runes or items? How much Cdr do I get from the Mana Buff Golem and does it stack on the max CDr(if thats possible)?
How long does the mana buff last with The Utility Master Skill maxed out(+30% duration) On that note how long does it last normally
What do I get from the baron and how long does it last?
How does the Elixir of Brilliance break down by level or is it not even worth it with this build unless I have money to waste?

Max CDR is 40%. You do not gain AP by leveling up. Blue buff gives you 16% CDR plus 0.5% CDR for every level you have. Blue buff normally lasts 2:30, or 150 seconds. This increases to 195 with the mastery, an increase of 45 seconds. Baron gives you 40 AP, 40 AD, 3% health per 5, and 1% mana per 5. It lasts 4 minutes, or 240 seconds (up to 312 seconds with Utility Mastery). The Elixir of Brilliance gives you 20 AP plus 1.1 AP per level and gives you 10% CDR. CDR from blue pot or blue buff both count towards the 40% CDR cap, which cannot be passed by any means.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide