Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Proofreading needed for my guide.

Creator: Yasutsuna April 5, 2015 3:25pm
Yasutsuna
<Member>
Yasutsuna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2015 3:25pm | Report
I was told by a couple people that they are grammar mistakes and such present in my guide. Therefore, I decided to search the forums for a proofreader but can't seem to find any. As such, I decided to open a thread to see who can help me proofread my guide: Tsuna's In-Depth Guide to Support Sona
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

"League killed my family... Now I need revenge. As soon as I get out of my room." - Nobody ever.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2015 3:29pm | Report
I'll give it a read-through when I get back if no one else does.
Yasutsuna
<Member>
Yasutsuna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2015 2:01am | Report
Alright, thanks.

"League killed my family... Now I need revenge. As soon as I get out of my room." - Nobody ever.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2015 6:12pm | Report
Hey, I have a reading thread! >:(

I did half of it, the other half will come when I feel like spending another few hours quoting text. As always, some might be opinions, some might me being sleepy, most should be useful. This part is about 1000 words (including quotes), have fun!

I know it's not the most important part of your guide, but you might want to reconsider the hpen marks on URF. Also, you should definitely read up on basics of English verbs.

About Sona, Maven of the Strings
Masteries
Summoner Spells
Runes
Skills
Skill Sequence
Items
Carry Synergy

About Sona, Maven of the Strings

Quoted:
She has a poke, a sustain, a speed boost, a CC, a slow and a nuke.
I think it's a bit weird to say you have a poke/sustain/CC (crowd control). Unless you want the emphasis to be on that it's exactly one ability, I'd write it like: "She has poke, sustain, a speed boost, CC, a slow and a nuke." A different option would be to add "spell" at the end of the sentence but not all of the things you listed are spells so I prefer the first.

Quoted:
She kit revolves around buffing her allies with her active and using her Crescendo to disrupt her enemies in teamfigths.
Should be "Her kit". I'd also drop the "her" in "disrupt her enemies" because there are more than enough hers in that sentence already. Furthermore, small typo in "teamfights".

Quoted:
[...] Cooldown Reduction is way more important that allows her continuously use her auras to aid her team, followed by mana regeneration so she can constantly keep up her auras.
"that" can't be used like this. Option: "[...] Cooldown Reduction is way more important because it allows her to continuously use her auras to aid her team, [...]"

Minor nitpick: there's no Oracle's Lens in your final build in the cheat sheet, but it is present here.

Quoted:
Sona has arguebly one of the best pokes in the game
"Arguably"

Quoted:
Her ultimte,
"Ultimate"

Quoted:
Another problem is her kit revolves around having auras, which requires her to be relatively close to the front line to buff her allies, and therefore, requiring good positioning.
"Another problem is that" and "requires" instead of "requiring". (her kit requires good positioning)

Quoted:
Also, her only Crowd Control Ability is her Crescendo, which have a whopping 180 second cooldown without CDR at level 1.
The "her" in front of Crescendo isn't necessary (though you can keep it there if you like), but "have" should be "has".

Quoted:
While she can poke easily because she is non-targetted, she tend to accidentally hit things she's not suppose to, like minions.
"supposed", "tends". Also in fact her spells are non-targeted (single t), not the champion itself. "While she can poke easily because Hymn of Valor is non-targeted, she tends to accidentally hit things she's not supposed to, like minions."

Masteries

Quoted:
Reduces enemy pokes.
I'd use "poke" here myself.

Quoted:
While 1 second off recall doesn't seem like much, it had save me more times that I could count.
"has saved me more times than I could count".

Quoted:
allowing more pokes or sustain.
Again, I'd use "poke".

Quoted:
and Arcane Mastery can deal more damage with your Hymn of Valor and Power Chord.
Two things: Hymn of Valor and Power Chord can deal more damage with Arcane Mastery, and Arcane Mastery should be Arcane Mastery , which can be achieved using the following: [[arcane mastery mastery]].

Summoner Spells

Quoted:
(use it sparringly as it have a whooping 210 cooldown).
"Sparingly", "has".

Quoted:
It is useful regardless of the phase of the game and the must have, especially if the enemy team have a champion who can dish out a lot of damage in a short time.
"has".

Quoted:
A situational pick if your enemy is loaded with champions who relies on life steal
"rely".

Quoted:
The fuction will be usd as the same as when the ADC takes it, as an emergency health pack or to chase.
"The function will be the same as when the ADC takes it, [...]"

Runes

Quoted:
runes allow me to poke harder the laning phase.
Add a "during": "to poke harder during the laning phase".

Quoted:
Glyph of Ability Power can be used in the 6-3 Glyph setup
Greater Glyph of Ability Power.

Quoted:
Normally is used together with
"is -> they're" or just drop "is".

Quoted:
are for easier warding and get away quicker
"to get away" or "getting away".

Quoted:
Also synergizes well with your Song of Celerity or if you are against lanes
"or useful if" (incorrect but widely accepted afaic)

Skills

The banner says "Spells".

If I were you I'd do myself a favor and remove all those damage per level tables and descriptions of abilities. Mistakes are easy, they're a bit unreadable, updating takes a lot of time and all the info is readily available in the database.

Quoted:
Best when used in skirmishes to hit the enemy when he attempts to run.
"Best used in skirmishes when the enemy attempts to run."

Quoted:
It deals amazing damage against your enemies during laning phase, especially combines with your Power Chord.
"combined". Same for
Quoted:
Combines with the Power Chord

Quoted:
Similar to Taric's [Imbue]],
Imbue

Quoted:
as it makes chasing nearly impossible.
I think you meant "escaping" or "getting away" there :P

Quoted:
It is a really strong skill that stuns people within it's range.
"its range".

Quoted:
a travelling time
"travel time".

Skill sequence

The banner says "Spell Sequence".

Quoted:
if you're being harass majorly
"harassed".

Items

Quoted:
deal more damage from poking
"with poking".

Quoted:
Also, Sona clearly have slow movement speed
"has".

Quoted:
if your enemy team have a lot
"has".

Quoted:
other types of defensive items that doesn't have CDR
"don't".

Quoted:
cam be used
"can".

Quoted:
Mikael's Blessing is most likely the first big item you'll be getting as it allows you to cancel CC, which is vital to protecting your ADC and/or giving him an emergency heal.
"and/or to give an emergency heal."

Quoted:
when paired with AD champions who uses they attack-speed
"use" and drop the "they".

Quoted:
Vayne proc-ing his Silver Bolts
"proccing", "her".

Quoted:
Twin Shadows is a interesting choice on Sona, while it gives less 10% CDR and cost 100 gold more in exchange for additional 6% movement speed, it is still a very sensible scouting tool.
Twin Shadows, "an", "while it gives 10% less CDR and costs 100 gold more in exchange for 6% additional movement speed". Also: What are you comparing the item to?

Quoted:
regeneration and an very-handy-and-easy-to-use
"an" -> "a". Not sure if the hyphens are needed there.

Quoted:
Only get this if someone else haven't got it.
"hasn't".

Carry Synergy

Quoted:
you can stop the support of the ADC from blocking
"or". (I think)

Quoted:
he will most likely run out of mana and becomes a ganking target.
"become".

Quoted:
to bash your enemies head in.
"enemies' heads".

Quoted:
She have a relatively good range
"has".

Quoted:
One of the only drawback is
"drawbacks". You did this twice.

Quoted:
especially if he gotten
"got".

Quoted:
Quinn have close to nothing
"has".

Quoted:
However, your Crescendo will allow Quinn to land her Tag Team with ease.
"However" -> "Also".
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Yasutsuna
<Member>
Yasutsuna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 3:51am | Report
Thanks and take this +rep! I have updated the guide.

Gnug315
<Member>
Gnug315's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2015 1:59am | Report
Wow, kind of you :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide