Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Some bored white guy reviewing guides :|

Creator: GreenFrogs April 26, 2013 11:53pm
1 2 3 4
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2013 11:53pm | Report
^
What he said.

I will review your guide because I am bored and am too lazy to restart my computer to switch to my windows part of my mac to play league. Yes, I have a mac. This isn't a one time gig either. I will honestly review anyone's guide, as long as you post a link in the comments below.

So, why dafuq would you want me reviewing your guide? I don't know. I'm just some white guy who knows a lot of stuff about league of legends. That, and it'd be nice to clean up a lot of the guides on this site. So this it what it entails:

- I look for content rather than pretty pictures, so if you have actual info, you could win a +1. But if it's pretty, I'll still make a mention.

- I like length and detail and description, so I'll point out what's good and what you need to add. But I swear to god if it's 20 pages of a build I will immediately downvote it.

- I own and have played as and against every champion in the game quite a bit, so I can rate any guide pretty successfully, and if you have a matchup section I'll certainly be able to help you there.

- I don't care about the meta. You can put any champion in any lane and as long as the build is viable in the particular role you are trying to fill and you explain it decently, you're doing pretty well in my book.

- I don't downvote very often. We have laggermeister to do that. Though if I ever want the scout position, I'll just make sure I go downvote every guide on Mobafire because, apparently, that's what gets you scout. That, and if you're silver and you have 2k comments of course. But if you're some bronze 5 kid making a guide for the first time and I notice that you actually think you know what you're doing, I'm gonna give you a downvote. Then, I'm gonna call my girlfriend and ask her to make a mobafire account to give you another down vote.

- If you're not level 30, I'm gonna do what I just said above x37.

SO OVERALL:

I will rate your guide based on some random algorithm I made in my head. If it's really nice, actually explains what the hell you're supposed to be doing on the rift, has a good build and good explanations, I'll give you a nice old +1, and a tip of my hat. Maybe even a private message if I think it's really nice.

If it's okay, I won't vote, but I will let you know what you need to work on and if you need help or have any questions, I will answer them. But I'm not gonna write your guide for you because I'm a busy man and I'll probably have to go be bored somewhere else.

If it's bad, I might not downvote, but I'll give constructive criticism and try to help not only you get better at the champ, but help your guide get better at explaining the champ.

If you're bad, and the guide is bad, but you think both those things are good, I'm downvoting you.

So yeah. Get cracking. I'm bored. Gimme guides. I'm serious.

~Green Frogs/Elfton John <-- Dat's my IGN bruhs.

PS: It would be nice, though it's definitely not necessary, if you just took a gander at my kha'zix guide. I honestly don't care if you do or don't, but again, it'd be nice.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 12:11am | Report
Nice, need more guide reviewers like you, Ill ask for reviews once I fix my Cho guide and finish my Thresh guide. :D
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 1:25am | Report
GreenFrogs wrote:

That, and if you're silver and you have 2k comments of course.

Why do I feel like your talking about me? D:
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 1:36am | Report
Also pertains to me too.

Being a scout is rep based. :p
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 1:38am | Report
You're right :D

Hurray for having silver + 2000 posts! :D
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 1:44am | Report
I'd just like to point out that we have scout titles because we actively help others out around the site and people know our names enough and have found us helpful enough to be deemed a scout. We talk a lot on the site, about-you guessed it, League. Just because we're silver doesn't mean we don't *know* enough about League to be scouts, it just means we don't yet have the skill or ability to apply it in ranked and get further, if you were implying we don't deserve our titles.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 2:10am | Report
Ikr, we just so good, they jelly :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 2:43am | Report
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 8:37am | Report
One Shot. One Kill.

Thank you in advance :3

Luvs u
Janitsu
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 12:37pm | Report

I'd just like to point out that we have scout titles because we actively help others out around the site and people know our names enough and have found us helpful enough to be deemed a scout. We talk a lot on the site, about-you guessed it, League. Just because we're silver doesn't mean we don't *know* enough about League to be scouts, it just means we don't yet have the skill or ability to apply it in ranked and get further, if you were implying we don't deserve our titles.

Well, the good thing is, I like you a lot more than I like Lagger. It's just something to poke fun at. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And I know comments =/= scout. Bur comments = rep = scout, so.. yeah.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide