Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic Rules - READ ME FIRST!!

Creator: Matt March 17, 2011 3:17am
1 2 3
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 3:17am | Report

Rules

1. No build/guide advertising
  2. Don't spam review shops

Due to abuse we want to clarify the rules a bit. Although you are allowed to link to your builds in this particular forum section, you are still not allowed to blatantly advertise. This section is here so that you can ask for help on your build - specific questions. Theory crafting help, bbcode help, guide ideas, etc... If you link your guide and the mods decide that it appears to be an advertisement, your thread will be locked or deleted and repeated offenses may result in additional punishment.

This is a place for discussion and advice, NOT a place for advertising!

Furthermore, this forum section contains several review shops. Although we understand that guide writers might feel it's a good idea to ask for a review in as many shops as possible, we ask you to be sensible when looking for feedback on your guide. Remember that reviewing a guide takes time and part of that time is wasted when having multiple reviewers point out the same flaws / mistakes. Instead of asking for everyone's opinion in one go, request a review from one or two shops, and then stop. Read the review, and fix your guide. Then come back and ask some other people for a review. Don't spam.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 2:56pm | Report
Making a brief post just to bring attention to one more point:

A lot of people will still make the following post, or some variation:

"Hey, please tell me what I can improve in my guide."

Although you're not advertising, you're still not specific.

This forum is for specific help only, meaning questions like "Are these masteries ok?", "Is my item build optimal", or "What runes should I use?" are much better options than the simple "What can I improve?" Threads that ask that type of vague, generic question, along with any advertising thread, will be locked immediately.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 5:37pm | Report
I have been noticing pretty consistently that people still post their guides and simply advertise trying to get people to look at them. This may not help, but I think it would be helpful if you somehow made this the very top thread, rather than at the bottom of the Stickies. It's very easy to not even see it because most people's eyes just first go to the top of the page and then whatever draws their interest. And I doubt many people come to the board just to look at rules. I don't know if this is possible or not. Sorry for posting in here. I didn't know where else to post for you to get the message directly. I expect this post to be deleted after you consider my suggestion. I do not mean to bog down this thread.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 12:22pm | Report
That'd be like a "super-sticky" and I'm not sure if we can implement that.
Tol Eressea
<Member>
Tol Eressea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 1:11pm | Report
Alternatively, you could put this at the beginning of jhoijhoi's thread, seeing as she's had about 8000 more views in about a quarter of the time...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 5:34pm | Report
Yeah but half of those views are mine :P

And my thread wasn't always stickied. I believe Stickied Threads receive less attention because people don't read them.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 4:10am | Report
Is there a room for advertising? Maybe if you made something like that, people wouldn't post their ads here, and people could go into that room expecting ads... Although, there's really no guarantee people would actually post there, huh? Maybe make it called like... guide and build reviews or something like that...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 8:04am | Report
^ ... you mean like my review thread? :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 12:56pm | Report

Is there a room for advertising? Maybe if you made something like that, people wouldn't post their ads here, and people could go into that room expecting ads... Although, there's really no guarantee people would actually post there, huh? Maybe make it called like... guide and build reviews or something like that...

It would be a pointless forum with hundreds of threads consisting of little more than "LOOK AT MY GUIDE" from people who don't care enough to put in the effort to ask an honest question.

The current system is good because the users who put effort into question asking are the same users who will put in the effort to improve their guides and take criticism in stride.
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 11:56pm | Report
Well, I mean, the point would be getting those people out of this forum. :P kinda like jhoijhoi's thread, only I feel like the people we're talking about don't care as much about real feedback as the people on that thread...
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide