Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Unfair Downvote

Creator: Pozsich October 22, 2011 5:58pm
1 2
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 5:58pm | Report
Is it possible to appeal to have a down vote removed? My guide still has relatively few votes, but the first down vote the guy says it's totally unviable and he didn't read my build, even though I talked about everything he down voted me for. Why should I suffer for his not reading something I put hours of work into?
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 6:07pm | Report
Pozsich wrote:

Is it possible to appeal to have a down vote removed? My guide still has relatively few votes, but the first down vote the guy says it's totally unviable and he didn't read my build, even though I talked about everything he down voted me for. Why should I suffer for his not reading something I put hours of work into?

Unfortunately trolls will be trolls. Many guides I've had have been downvoted because of no apparent reason, with many being revenge downvotes, and some, as my Riven guide has shown, is because people don't understand the meta properly (E.G. saying melee should go pure AD, and that junglers always need Wriggle's).

Talking about stuff people downvote you for doesn't mean you're immune to downvotes, unfortunately. If you build Tiamat on Soraka and explain that Tiamat is the best item for Soraka, which I guess you could do because of the regeneration, that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to downvote for that reason.

I've not seen your guide (though I might check it out later), so I'm not saying you are trying to justify ******ed items - just using it as an example.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 6:12pm | Report
As Xen said, downvotes are downvotes - they are simply the opinion of the reader. Just rest easy knowing the reader was very silly with their opinion, especially if your guide explained your choices in full detail.

In the end, if you know your guide is good, that's all the matters ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 6:32pm | Report
Trolls are trolls. And shall always be. I saw one troll actually talk about how great someone guide was and still downvote them. And it was obviously on purpose.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 7:20pm | Report
Sigh. I see. Thank you for the responses everyone. It is unfortunate people like that are out there though :\
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 7:21pm | Report
It sucks, we all agree, but you gotta live with it, sadly

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
MuffinStuff
<Member>
MuffinStuff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 8:20pm | Report
Yeah it really does suck, that is why I always fully read a guide and usually try it out before I vote, sorry you got down voted for a sucky reason :(
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:16am | Report
At least your downvoter gave a reason as to why he didn't like it. Phantom Dancer first is an ok item for split pushing and afk farming but I think it's the general impression of the LoL community that if you don't get damage you are deceiving your team. In a team fight as a carry you may only get 3 attacks in and when they come you got to make sure they are worth it.

I have gotten downvotes on my build in a since similar to "you suck" -> downvote.
But I have realized even bad publicity can be good publicity if your guide is truly special.

I suppose I could at least be thankful that the top elo of brainafk downvoted me so it's easy to add refutation.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:35am | Report
There should be comment to vote option for unlimited number of votes, not just 20. Most people who down vote usually don't comment because either they hate you or want to lower your % so their build would look better. There are really few downvotes per build which have some logical explanation why they downvoted.

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:40am | Report
Zoki wrote:

There should be comment to vote option for unlimited number of votes, not just 20. Most people who down vote usually don't comment because either they hate you or want to lower your % so their build would look better. There are really few downvotes per build which have some logical explanation why they downvoted.

Yeah I felt this way at first, but then again these people are a part of the community also. I've made changes to my guide to better entrance the fickle minded player.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide