Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vladmir rushing Warmogs

Creator: Rudmed February 23, 2011 11:57am
1 2
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 11:57am | Report
I've noticed a trend for a few games with Vlad. I've seen Vladmir's rushing warmogs as the 1st item! Then another time I saw a vlad stacking warmogs? I know his passive gives AP for every bit of health you have, but is it really that worth it? Are you all just afraid of dying that much, or is it that you don't use your Q enough? I'm just seriously wondering as I build Vlad straight AP, and just nuke people.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 12:09pm | Report
When he's free I like to play him for a few free wins and I have to say: Whenever they rush Warmog's I let out the loudest hyena laugh. I build him straight up AP because you're getting HP from AP items anyways, he's already bulky enough with a Rylai's. If you throw on a Rabadon's really quick it's easy as hell to get enough HP to do as well or even better than the Warmog's rushers. The Warmog's does provide a little extra early bulk but makes him very lackluster in terms of damage. But, he's already good enough as a champion it's easy to do well no matter what build you go because his skills do a ridiculous amount of damage for the CD that it has.

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 12:09pm | Report
It confounds me as well. I don't think it's worth it... especially if you read the thread about warmog's and how it's not worth it defensively until you have resistances.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/theorycrafting/why-do-people-hate-warmogs-2225

I feel like I have plenty of health after Rylai's which I try to get as early as I can. I think rushing warmog's is kind've a waste... :(
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 3:03pm | Report
I always look at them doing that and wonder..hmm I wonder if he uses pool as an offensive spells *seconds later* Ah this vlad is fool time to get fed like a beast.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 3:08pm | Report
It's even more ridiculous now that his Hp to AP ratio was nerfed.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 4:47am | Report
I've tried only a few games with vladimir (not really my type of character but still) and i noticed getting 1 warmogs can't hurt, but rushing warmogs is indeed a waste.
Rylai's does give a nice health/ap boost which in turn boosts their opposit effects.
Also the slow makes things alot easier to chase opponents with the very very short cooldown Q.
I only once got a lower k/d score when i tried him the first few times and was new to the game.

That coming from someone who plays support/assassin types like evelyn, shen, sona and my main irelia *she has no stealth but i considder her an assassin ;)* just shows how good vlad is.
Garlix
<Member>
Garlix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 9:07am | Report
Warmongs give you like 50 or less AP pure waste
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 9:24am | Report
It does give you more health, so not a PURE waste imo.
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 12:52pm | Report
The only reason that you would WANT warmog's is for the bonus damage on his pool. I have THOUGHT of trying 5 warmog's and nuking with pool, but...
The bonus AP isn't worth it.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 2:57pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

It's even more ridiculous now that his Hp to AP ratio was nerfed.

Definitely true. It wasn't even worth it before the nerf.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide