Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What do people think of my talon bad items...

Creator: RCIX February 29, 2012 4:46pm
1 2 3
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 11:13am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Dude, if you dont wanna listen to guys who haven't the same opinion as you do, DONT FU**ING ASK!
As easy as that.

RCIX wrote:
I listened to Khazem when he brought up suggestions to improve my guide. I listened to Luiginaf's notes. I can't do much with "herp derp not stock talon build so it sux" even though that's ignoring explanations of all the decisions I made.

(paraphrased)

Darcurse wrote:

Dont judge by what you get, judge by what you loose selling Brut.

What is this i don't even... So by the same logic, Dorans suck because you end up selling them later?

Quoted:

Not to mention that buying Philo on Talon etc is already bad.

*watches you ignore more explanations*

Quoted:

You dont seem to be able to understand so I dont blame you if you dont get that line.
It's always the same with you bone-headed numbskulls.
I saw your math, and yeah maybe it's correct (it seems that way), so what?

HELLO? You're the one going "hurr durr philo sux, brutalizer with no upgrade sux" and not providing anything to back it up or alternatives. I went through and did the math to prove my point. And i'm the idiot here?

Darcurse wrote:

Because your calcs are correct your idea becomes the perfect choice? Not rly.
Calcs cant even cover half of what's necessary to evaluate ones build.
You didnt(mostly can't) involve costs/ value of 2nd states/ different kind of scnearios etcetc.
Like how you have to stack BT sometimes way more than once against decent teams.

I can't really make sense of this, please clarify.

Quoted:

That's why I said that you're in a metaphorical way one of the guys who'd stack AD on someone like Brand etc. since it would increase his dmg early more than AP.
And why? Because the calcs say so.

Ok, again, please, connect a few dots here.

Talon is an assassin.

Therefore, I'm trying to figure out a build that reliably maximizes his burst throughout the game.

Thus, I compared infinity edge and bloodthirster in two scenarios: Rushing as first recipe item, and late-game in a full build.

The results were that Bloodthirster stomps IE in a rushing scenario, and is only slightly worse for cost in a late game scenario (while being far more reliable).

Thus, I do not recommend IE.

How the heck do you go from that thought process to "he must wanna build ad on ap chars because it 'maximizes early game damage output'"?

Quoted:

I'll just leave that one as the answer. Totally drenched in sarcasm, no hint of being self-absorbed or sth alike. (btw:THAT was REAL sarcasm)

First, noting that I'm not advertising (yet again). The rules say to ask for feedback on a specific part of your guide, and I did. YOu're also the only one QQing saying I'm breaking the rules, and something like 4 other prominent members have posted in this thread.

Second, please compare these guides to mine:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/fiora-a-wild-fiora-appears-189431
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/my-will-my-hands-how-to-control-lee-sin-184765
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/he-came-from-a-pineapple-under-the-sea-and-killed-us-all-188936

Every single one is short, lacking in much formatting, and in some cases needing grammar/punctuation checks, and somehow they're getting a lot more votes/feedback than I am. Can you see now why I'm a bit puzzled?

To note for newcomers in the thread: I'm still mainly looking for feedback on that one section of my guide.
My guides:
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 12:04pm | Report
lawl I need to remember to read the first post/header more closely. I somehow interpreted it as you complaining that your guide is getting down votes for bad items. Your header needed to be rewritten as "What do people think about my 'Bad Items' section for my Talon Guide"

As well I apologize for my earlier post it was written with the understanding you were complaining about getting down votes for "bad items" in the build not you asking about the depth of your "Bad Items Section".

But really now this thread should be closed. It's just causing a flame war.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 2:29pm | Report
At this point, that's fine with me. I'll see if I can't get more collected feedback from another topic elsewhere on this forum :)

And yeah, i just realized, how it cut off the topic name makes it sound wrong :P
Nasus says hi
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide