Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Which Zilean Guide?

Creator: Dremu March 31, 2011 8:06am
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2011 8:06am | Report
So I'm contemplating on getting Zilean, He seems like a fun support :3

But I'm not sure really how to play him. Any suggestions as to which guide I should use?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2011 9:40am | Report
Err... Mine? :D

Sorry, not really much a Zilean guide writer can say here.
Just pick the one you like?

I definitely like Zilean as a support more then the usual AP stacking.

In terms of support guides I'm conscious of...
Mowen's guide focuses far more on support, while mine has more AP early game and is more structured.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2011 11:40am | Report
Yeah I'm actually looking to rework my items sometime here soon... I have a lot of gameplay tips that I feel are still good though. I'm with Junsupport though that you should play Zilean like a support, and not focus on stacking AP. They even nerfed some of Zileans AP ratios too. I would like to emphasize that CDR is important to keep your ult on cd and make your rewing ridiculous. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer either here, pm, or on my guide. :)
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM
<Member>
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 9:25am | Report
Like Jun said, not really much I can say here haha..

But I'll say this.. While Zilean is a great support, he is most effective with a balance of AP and support stats like mana regen and CDR. To play Zil to his full potential, I would recommend building for these stats (in no particular order):

Health, CDR, Mana/mana regen, and AP. I know this is a pretty wide spectrum, but you can build it somewhat easily in a "flowing" style that is easy to build. As far as actual build orders and strategies, you can check out my guide as well :D, but I would really recommend reading every one of the top rated Zil guides, as all seem to have some Great information on how to play Zilean. Mine is a work in progress (but still has a lot of info), and I'm actually waiting to move back to school later this month to keep working on it, because my internet sucks where I'm at currently..

I'll say one last thing, though. Zilean is a little more toward the Mage side of Mage/support than (for example) Sona or soraka or someone like that. In other words, he's not as much of a babysitter support, but more of an active DPS support (as strange as that may sound). Just PM me with any questions!
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 12:21pm | Report
Dremu wrote:

So I'm contemplating on getting Zilean, He seems like a fun support :3

Fun and strong, revive, move speeds and slows... GOD I hate Zil

more exp for the team
revive stronger than GA
speed buff to an ally catch an enemy
speed buff to an ally run from enemies
slow for catch you
slow for his allie escape
Bombs -> HUGE damage, on the double cast, early laning with him on mid, I get pwned... He deals a lot of damage, and he doesn't need to combo, the enemy is coming to combo? slow him, bomb, recover cd, bomb, run away -> half of his life --'

Use him, he's a good champion, but IDK wich guide... but as people said, I think CDR, Mana regen and AP is awesome, so, you can get
Ionian Boots of Lucidity + Deathfire Grasp -> 30% CDR + 9% from masteries (9/0/21). Awesome damage with deathfire + bomb + bomb
Archangel's Staff -> Mana regen, mana and AP. You cast a lot, 3 or 4 times per combo [:
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:20pm | Report
why are you people posting in a 4-month old thread

just open a new one
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:21pm | Report
Y U no leik, Jebus?

I was once advocating full support Zilean, but after realizing how incredibly bad he was at babysitting I came to the conclusion that sololane AP Zilean is the only thing that works.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 5:53pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Y U no leik, Jebus?

I was once advocating full support Zilean, but after realizing how incredibly bad he was at babysitting I came to the conclusion that sololane AP Zilean is the only thing that works.

Yes sir, exactly
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 9:51pm | Report
Rain Man carry Zilean gogo

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM
<Member>
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 9:40am | Report
haha i actually hadn't noticed it said MARCH 31... lol. But yeah, AP Zil is the sh1t.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide