Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

I refuse to support

Creator: Mooninites June 9, 2013 12:14pm
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 1:44pm | Report
Well, at least now we can't say that Moon didn't let it be known that he no longer wants to support.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 6:38pm | Report
Along with what Shuru has said I would like to say that people who join inhouses should be willing to play any role they have to. If someone ends up playing a role they don't want to one game the people that were on his team should step up and fill that role the next game. We should be communicative and work with eachother so that everybody can have a good time. If someone is forced into a role they are bad at or don't want to play then help them out by giving advice or letting them play something fun.

If your team is being stubborn and refuses to switch roles talk to the host about it or get other people on your team to reason with them. We could possibly add being uncooperative with your team as an inhouse offence.

Remember the point of inhouses is to play with other MOBAFire people, have fun, and learn. If because of your actions you are stopping other people from having fun or learning you may be warned or asked to sit out.

And yes Moon said something about it before the "incident." I was playing with him and I heard him say he didn't want to support several times, he just wasn't being obnoxious about it so maybe other people didn't take note. When I was on his team I played support, but it's not like I can be there every time to play the roles people don't want to. If you join inhouses you need to be willing to play the unwanted role every once and a while. Refs will be sure to keep an eye out in the future for people being stubborn or unwilling to play other roles.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 6:45pm | Report

All the credit is given to the supp so ya.
That's why I get it cuz free honor.

This does not happen to me. I play support 90% of my ranked and normal games and never ever get credit, despite supporting well. I have maybe received two honour points in the last three weeks.

But on topic: The inhouses are meant to be learning experiences (in my opinion). So everyone should play one role at least once and someone should keep track of it for future reference.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 7:28pm | Report
ive noticed moon has played support a lot too, he even said so that he plays support a lot in the mobachat and in the pregame lobby for inhouses, i even pm him during the inhouses if im spectating to say something like "supporting again? man up and steal a role"

and its true in the few inhouses ive been in ive always constantly called a role (jungle or mid most of the time) but i rarely play in the inhouses and im always willing to give them up since i dont sign up, but people that do sign up and always play the same role (i.e mukwubstep or whatever his name is is adc in pretty much every inhouse) shouldnt be allowed to do that, yes its fun for that one person but as we can see its not fun for the other people on the team

i understand that trying to keep track of who plays what would be hard, and deciding who plays what is also hard

my idea is to make a chat room for both teams (because vent can either have people with no mics or very hectic with the voices) so that both teams can decide who is going where before the host starts the game, of course having a ref or something in each room to moderate
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 8:35pm | Report
actually, with the screenshots, it'd be about as hard to figure out who played what as it would be to figure out who played in the first place. I have the time to do this weekly, if it comes down to it.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2013 10:27pm | Report
If all else fails and you guys 100% need a support, just tell me to stop casting and play. I'm fine playing support if other people hate the role. With that being said:

Moon, you are a hilariously talented player. I use hilarious for a reason. Your syndra support was probably the best thing I've ever seen in a game. I'd love to see you in other roles, and it sucks that you've been forced to play support so many times against your will. I "main" support (not as much as other players, but I play it quite a bit), so I know that feeling of "I used to like it, but not if I'm forced to play it/Can someone else support for a change." The feeling of the inhouse becoming more like solo Q is a tricky one, and not one that is easily fixable. But taking a (possibly indefinite) break from support doesn't seem unreasonable.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 6:46pm | Report

Oh yeah, that's why I like support. Right up until about level 6 you ARE the carry botlane. My point was it is easier to carry a game as a jungler/mid rather than as a support.

P.S. I was the one who replaced you supporting the next two games, I main it, so next time just come on my team and you will be guaranteed not to support unless you would like to.

Here's a small pot of gold I brought here :3

Still though you're still ****
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2013 10:50am | Report
You have to admit you are a very good support though =)
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 7:34pm | Report
Just for moon who loves support

Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 8:41pm | Report

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide