Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2015 World Championship discussion thread

Creator: Vynertje September 5, 2015 6:13am
Who are the favourites to win? (only included 'serious' possibilities)
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2015 11:31pm | Report
So I'm a bit behind on all the Worlds news, is America still in it?

In completely unrelated news Veigars only been picked half a million times in worlds already :|

Basically MOBAFire.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2015 11:32pm | Report
"only included serious possibilities" meanwhile OG in semis...

Up against SKT, so still probably won't win, haha. But all things considered, no one expected them to make it out of groups because of Chinese teams (particularly LGD in their groups) flopping HARD.

2-4 for two Chinese teams and the final Chinese team knocked out 3-0 (3-1 if you want to give them that remake) in QFs.

Looks like drafting in so many Koreans didn't really pay off this year for teams and players alike.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2015 11:34pm | Report
I think it's the patch. This patch relies so much more on rotations, sieging etc and less on individual skill.

The reason Fnatic and SKT are doing so well and really look one step above the rest is because these are the teams that can perform regardless of patch, with solid communication and strong players in every role.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 12:48am | Report
In completely unrelated news Veigars only been picked half a million times in worlds already :|

Come on Worlds Veigar skin!

I wanna drop diamonds from the sky, let them see me shine
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 12:53am | Report
Sure, the game relies less on raw skill, but Fnatic and SKT are probably two of the stronger teams when it comes to raw skill. Fnatic got Huni and Febiven, who're probably some of the best at their positions at Worlds. SKT got Faker and Marin, though Bang is probably one of the best adc players you could want. And they're actually good at macro. Also, Smeb is probably one of the best top laners, so they at least got one very skilled player on their team.

Something I actually never thought about is the fact that Huni and Reignover actually speak fluent English (or at least understandable, though I think it's quite good) compared to the other Korean/Chinese players on western teams. I mean Impact, Rush and Lustboy have never done a full interview in English to my knowledge.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 2:11am | Report
I'm frankly surprised that they'd be able to learn english so quickly (and well!) in such a small span of time. It isn't exactly the easiest language to learn
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 3:46am | Report
utopus wrote:
I'm frankly surprised that they'd be able to learn english so quickly (and well!) in such a small span of time. It isn't exactly the easiest language to learn

Reignover already spoke English when they moved to Fnatic which made it much easier for Huni to pick it up as well
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 5:30am | Report
Isn't it kinda funny that KOO and Fnatic have a very similar playstyle? Top Lane? Carry top laners, Smeb is already proven against stronger tops while Huni isn't (Huni by now only played rather bad top laners), so this lane is in favor of Smeb. Also a very similar champion pool with the likes of Riven. One thing you could hold for Huni tho is that he already played Marin at MSI, but he also has his overaggressions many time, where he makes one mistake and wans to win it back, making more mistakes.

Now, Midlane, Febiven is proven, KurO not, KurO by now only played Maple as a good mid and he got crushed, while Febiven solo killed Faker (nuff said).

So, both a kinda on a similar level if you put together mid and top, jungle is because of the disable of Gragas in favor of Hojn as he never played Gragas while Reignover can't really play Lee Sin. The question is, what is he gonna play?

Now looking at the bot lane, they are like a 1 to 1 copy. The ADC's, PraY and Rekkles both mostly play utility ADC's to support their teams carries. AD Kennen vs Ashe. PraY also prepared AD Kennen by now and Rekkles Ashe so yeah, very similar champion pool and very similar role. I do think tho Rekkles is stronger on carry ADC's as he at least played a Jinx-comp (but that game against AHQ was kinda bad).

Support, same story again. GorillA and Yellowstar both performed **** at day 1, good at day 2 and very good at the quaters. They both also again have a very similar champion pool.

All in all, this matchup is so close noboy can guess an outcome.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2015 6:50am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Isn't it kinda funny that KOO and Fnatic have a very similar playstyle? Top Lane? Carry top laners, Smeb is already proven against stronger tops while Huni isn't (Huni by now only played rather bad top laners), so this lane is in favor of Smeb. Also a very similar champion pool with the likes of Riven. One thing you could hold for Huni tho is that he already played Marin at MSI, but he also has his overaggressions many time, where he makes one mistake and wans to win it back, making more mistakes.

Now, Midlane, Febiven is proven, KurO not, KurO by now only played Maple as a good mid and he got crushed, while Febiven solo killed Faker (nuff said).

So, both a kinda on a similar level if you put together mid and top, jungle is because of the disable of Gragas in favor of Hojn as he never played Gragas while Reignover can't really play Lee Sin. The question is, what is he gonna play?

Now looking at the bot lane, they are like a 1 to 1 copy. The ADC's, PraY and Rekkles both mostly play utility ADC's to support their teams carries. AD Kennen vs Ashe. PraY also prepared AD Kennen by now and Rekkles Ashe so yeah, very similar champion pool and very similar role. I do think tho Rekkles is stronger on carry ADC's as he at least played a Jinx-comp (but that game against AHQ was kinda bad).

Support, same story again. GorillA and Yellowstar both performed **** at day 1, good at day 2 and very good at the quaters. They both also again have a very similar champion pool.

All in all, this matchup is so close noboy can guess an outcome.

KurO not proven? He's still the best Viktor in the World, and he played Nagne, while not a top tier mid, is still a strong player in my opinion.

Pray hasn't performed at all since before IEM, and really hasn't stood out as a top adc. Hojin, while improved from Spring, still isn't that strong.

Gorilla and Smeb are the only top tier players on KOO, while KurO is a good player.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 8:09am | Report
ORIGIN TO ADVANCE FOR FINALS? Pls. The dream. :c Needs to happen.

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ OG TAKE MY FAITH ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide