Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

ASTRO cup and other Mobafire tournaments-- do...

Creator: mlkwasaliar August 21, 2014 10:13am
mlkwasaliar
<Member>
mlkwasaliar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 10:13am | Report
Do these tournaments that are promoted on the mobafire website and offer prized, like the ASTRO cup, cost money to enter? And if so how much? I am a new LoL player (not even level 20) but I am getting a grip on the game super fast, as I have lots of WCIII experience, as well as a competetive WoW background. I am looking to maybe get into these tournaments at some point soon, so any useful info appreciated! Thanks
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 10:51am | Report
No, entering the ASTRO Community Cups is free, all you need is a team :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
mlkwasaliar
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 11:44am | Report
Thank you!! Can anyone tell me the formatting of the tournament? (rounds, how many players?) Also, what are the chances of doing well? Are there brackets separated by skill level or is everything integrated? Do you have to be ranked to play(or level 30 for that matter), and what are rules for disconnects/subs(if any)? THANK YOU!
bump
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 11:57am | Report
Tournament rules can be found here. The tournament is single-elimination and there are no separate skill brackets.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
mlkwasaliar
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 12:39pm | Report
Thanks yo, I missed that page somehow. One final question for anyone who has done this tournament: I'm not a noob but im pretty inexperienced at this game,(I think I'm only level 19, don't even have runes yet), but is it even worth entering for someone like me? I would be with a team of all silvers and up in ranked. Would I have any fun? Or is this a waste of my time?
Rorin
<Member>
Rorin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 12:58pm | Report
Oh, it's sure to be fun, and the only time you waste your time is when you're not trying to improve. Think of it as a test for yourself!

I'd enter if I could :P I'm level 30, have runes, but I haven't played PvP much. I still think it'd be worth my time just to see what happens.
mlkwasaliar
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 10:21pm | Report
Do I have to have to have the minimum of 16 champions for the tournament draft format? I only have 11..
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2014 1:09am | Report
Yes, tournament draft is the standard format used for the tournament, so a minimum of 16 champions is required. Don't sweat it if you can't make it to Sunday's NA tournament (I assume that's what you're interested in), there'll be plenty more in the future :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide