Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cyclopes8's Season 3 Ranked Climb

Creator: Jpikachu1999 March 14, 2013 12:03am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 4:19pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

from pretty much everyone I know who plays LB, I've heard Soulstealer sucks and that Dcap/DFG is better. That includes Suffix, who could keep 20 stacks with his hands tied behind his back :P

not trying to be offensive, because I imagine it works, but in that time you got taking 20 kills, what if you already had a Dcap? What if you get cocky and die once, and then you can't judge your burst right anymore because you just lost 60 AP?

just saiyan

First off, let me say that I did not "take" 20 kills. My team did very little damage that game, and I was doing 80% of the burst anyways. Second, I either go Mejai's Soulstealer > Deathfire Grasp, or the other way around. So I'm not neglecting my burst. Also, Soulstealer is like 1500+ gold less. I understand the point of DFG/Dcap, but honestly, DFG is all you really need to burst early. Late game, you need to land your full combo to kill someone, with even only 10 stack Mejai, you can usually burst with Q > R > W. In case you are wondering, here's my final build: Sorceror's Shoes, Mejai's Soulstealer, Deathfire Grasp, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Zhonya's Hourglass. Gets me to about 800 AP most games, if I finish it.

Game 2

Wrecked Draven early, snowballed the game. Easy win.

Game 3

I was winning bot lane pretty hard, despite having a ******ed Taric. Then my team decides "Hey, let's feed all the lanes, but especially bot lane!" So, easy game turned into a stupid defeat.

Game 4

I don't know if I've ever said this, but I hate absolutely idiotic teammates. Vayne calls ADC after I called it, and then she picks Vayne into Graves/Thresh lane. Top lane somehow lost to Jayce, even though it's Yorick, and mid lane decided to pick Ahri before Leblanc and then feed horrendously. It probably didn't help that Udyr level 2 ganked top, gave away first blood to Jayce, and then upon respawn went mid lane and helped Ahri give a double kill to Leblanc. I'm done with ranked for a bit ...

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 4:49pm | Report

First off, let me say that I did not "take" 20 kills. My team did very little damage that game, and I was doing 80% of the burst anyways. Second, I either go Mejai's Soulstealer > Deathfire Grasp, or the other way around. So I'm not neglecting my burst. Also, Soulstealer is like 1500+ gold less. I understand the point of DFG/Dcap, but honestly, DFG is all you really need to burst early. Late game, you need to land your full combo to kill someone, with even only 10 stack Mejai, you can usually burst with Q > R > W. In case you are wondering, here's my final build: Sorceror's Shoes, Mejai's Soulstealer, Deathfire Grasp, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Zhonya's Hourglass. Gets me to about 800 AP most games, if I finish it.

Sorry, taking, getting, whatever term I use what I meant is just plain killing someone. Anyways, onto the...discussion!

Mejai's is 1235 gold, Large Rod is 1600, large rod gives 80 AP, so at 8 stacks you'll have 4 less AP. Now, I suppose 4 kills isn't a lot at silver elo, so I would venture to say that if you can keep those stacks up it would be worth it to get one instead of Large rod, but the other issue is that large rod also builds into DFG/Deathcap, and Mejai's costs -about- as much as a codex + dfg, so you're essentially delaying your dfg by a lot, I don't play a -lot- of Leblanc, but I find DFG to be really good on her (better than Mejai's I'd say?) so why not skip the Mejai's and just go straight for DFG? IDK dude, you like Mejai's so build it if it works for you. I don't really think it would work in competitive games where you don't usually get 1 person with 10 kills in a game, but you are in silver elo after all so hey, build what you want :P

your second game picture isn't working btw, it would appear you deleted it or something :P

also I wouldn't mind duoing with you if you want to occasionally, and I believe we played some TT back in s2, you still interested in that?

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 6:59pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Sorry, taking, getting, whatever term I use what I meant is just plain killing someone. Anyways, onto the...discussion!

Mejai's is 1235 gold, Large Rod is 1600, large rod gives 80 AP, so at 8 stacks you'll have 4 less AP. Now, I suppose 4 kills isn't a lot at silver elo, so I would venture to say that if you can keep those stacks up it would be worth it to get one instead of Large rod, but the other issue is that large rod also builds into DFG/Deathcap, and Mejai's costs -about- as much as a codex + dfg, so you're essentially delaying your dfg by a lot, I don't play a -lot- of Leblanc, but I find DFG to be really good on her (better than Mejai's I'd say?) so why not skip the Mejai's and just go straight for DFG? IDK dude, you like Mejai's so build it if it works for you. I don't really think it would work in competitive games where you don't usually get 1 person with 10 kills in a game, but you are in silver elo after all so hey, build what you want :P

your second game picture isn't working btw, it would appear you deleted it or something :P

also I wouldn't mind duoing with you if you want to occasionally, and I believe we played some TT back in s2, you still interested in that?

1) Like I've said, I sometimes delay the Mejai's and go for DFG first.

2) It isn't? I can see it just fine ...

3) Sure, I wouldn't mind duoing sometime. Although, my current playing schedule is kinda weird, not to mention I usually can't talk.

Also, thanks Pheyniex :3

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 4:38am | Report
soulstealer is good if you can maintain a highnumber of stacks, simple as that:P

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 1:22pm | Report

1) Like I've said, I sometimes delay the Mejai's and go for DFG first.

2) It isn't? I can see it just fine ...

3) Sure, I wouldn't mind duoing sometime. Although, my current playing schedule is kinda weird, not to mention I usually can't talk.

Also, thanks Pheyniex :3

Yeah it seems to work now, before it said it had been deleted or moved so idk...as for duoing I usually play from 3-9ish EST so idk if that works for you. on weekends I can be on different times :) I usually can't talk a whole lot either so I guess it's mutual :P

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 7:32pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Yeah it seems to work now, before it said it had been deleted or moved so idk...as for duoing I usually play from 3-9ish EST so idk if that works for you. on weekends I can be on different times :) I usually can't talk a whole lot either so I guess it's mutual :P

I can play usually from 5:15~ - 9:00~ on Thursdays. Other days I'm kind of sporadically on, usually late at night (talking like 1 AM here), but that isn't really reliable D:

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2013 12:56am | Report
So, I said I was gonna quit ranked for a bit. Foolishly, I didn't, so I pretty much reset back at Silver II.

Game 5

I specifically ask not to have a Soraka support, I get a Soraka support. She was pretty bad with warding, and I don't know what happened, but I kept getting caught by Taric/Nunu. I probably coulda improved on my positioning, but overall I think I did well late game.

Game 6

Mid was doing well until Jarvan came and fed Leblanc kills. It's sad that when he feeds kills, he doesn't even buy magic resist right afterward. Not much to say here.

Game 7

Finally, a satisfyingly easy game. It's rather sad that their mid picked Ahri after seeing our Talon, but he wanted top, so I went mid. Ended the game with 20 stacks and 720~ AP.

Had one last game, cause I figured I was doing pretty well tonight. I didn't get screen because I was so annoyed, but let's just say that 1/9/7 Singed is not fun to play with.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2013 4:19am | Report
How the hell does Pantheon lose to Talon?
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2013 8:57am | Report

How the hell does Pantheon lose to Talon?

I know it looks like he did, but he didn't. Talon was 1/3 really early on, it wasn't until me and Mao camped top and helped him snowball that he started to outdamage Panth.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2013 11:58am | Report
well if I end up on NA on thursdays I wouldn't mind playing with you :P

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide