Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ekki's ranked thingy

Creator: Ekki February 17, 2016 11:08pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 11:08pm | Report
This year I'll be playing a lot less league in general, and I'll be having a lot less time too. I'll try to keep this updated nontheless and see if I can take advantage of the replay/record function to post more interesting stuff. As always, any advise, questions or general discussion related to the topic of ranked play are welcome.

Server: LAS
Previous rankings: Platinum III S6; Platinum V S5; Gold I S4; Silver I S3; Silver (1300-1350 MMR) S2
Common partners: Prototipe1994; Oiller; KG King

OBJECTIVES

• Short-term: Aim for Gold I (hopefully out of placements) and stay close to promos to Platinum. Platinum V would be annoying because of decay, and I might not have the time to keep playing on a decent level often enough.
  • End of season goal: Platinum IV. I'll try to get to Plat by the end of the season and I wouldn't like to end up in a last division again, so I'll probably run the extra mile if I get to Platinum V.

THE CHAMPION POOL

These are the champions I think I'm better at. They're ordered by primary role to least liked role and by strongest/best pick to least liked/worst pick.

*"Currently trying" means I'm playing those in normals but I'm not entirely confident I'm playing them good enough for ranked.
*"Secondary pool" means I don't like to play these champions too much but I will play them if they're a great pick in the composition and/or matchup.

1-TOP

Main pool:

Currently trying:

Secondary pool:

2-ADC

Main pool:

Secondary pool:

3-SUPPORT

4-JUNGLE*

4-MID*

*I'm currently playing really bad in the jungle, and I've been playing slightly better in mid since I started playing Brand. As of now mid/jungle are tied in last place though.

CURRENT RANK

SoloQ

Placements
1 won / 0 lost
Flex

Placements
4 won / 0 lost

SEASON 6 VERSION
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 11:08pm | Report
First three games:
I played these games a while ago so my memory of them is a bit rusty.

GAME #1 (link)

I started playing ranked because some friends were getting annoying asking me to play with them. I figured most of them were ranked lower than I thought they deserved so I should try playing with them. I was a bit tired and ended up playing adc. 4-man-premade, the random was jungle Shyvana.

I didn't enjoy playing with the Nami, and as I was playing horribly I started losing. Basically, the fed Riven kept us afloat.

Around the 26 minute mark we nearly threw the game, losing one inhibitor. In fear of the enemy team taking Baron and closing the game, we kept cleaning the Baron pit, eventually finding a window to do it ourselves. As we did it, Dr. Mundo appeared and greedily traded himself for Nami. After that play we shoved mid and went for the win.

Gold lead over time

GAME #2 (link)

The day after Game 1 I did a duo with the Akali from last ranked game. I was in the mood for some ranked, even if I didn't feel like playing with him.

My first move was a level 4 countergank top, which got me a kill on Lee Sin, breaking his early game. After that I went on a ganking spree on the other lanes. Around the 10 minute mark Malphite died 1v1 against Teemo and went afk. I decided I'd close the game (see first sentence on RULES spoiler), so we kept pressuring all lanes and won it before 20 minutes had passed.

GAME #3 (link)

Having won 2 ranked games, I got relaxed, and made the mistake of playing with a group of random friends, one of which was probably boosted to Gold V. The guy went fill, but he ended up adc (he said he couldn't play that) and I had to swap roles with him in an incredible feat of miscomunication. To top that off, my support was a "only Thresh" dude and the other team took Thresh before him.

Not that I'm free of guilt. I played like sh*t. The enemy Thresh landed a bunch of clutch Death Sentences, killing me and Sona a lot in the early game. Mid game I was doing peanut damage, but since the jungler ganked a lot the other lanes, my team was fed. We lost every single dragon though.

Then the ugly teamfights started. I don't remember much of it, but we were always dispersed, the Olaf didn't know where to be, the Orianna and Vi kept trying to initiate fights and I kept getting caught like the awful adc I am. Eventually their team got the 4th dragon, adding pressure in the dragon pit, and used that pressure to get a free baron and win the game.

Lesson learned: Don't queue as adc and don't queue with random friends who don't even know what they want to play.

bonus: gold lead of 3rd game
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 11:24pm | Report
Good luck! Good... Luck ;-;
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig! (Tekken!)
theyouiporit
<Member>
theyouiporit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 11:38pm | Report
Realised you play in LAS. I have not seen many fellow latin american players here.
And coincidentally I'm 2-1 unranked aswell. Perhaps the illuminatti have something to do about this...

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the awesome signature!
Hecarim is a devoted brony
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 12:14am | Report
Good luck! Good... Luck ;-;
Thanks, I'll need it... Either I don't remember other season begginings very well or this season it's getting harder to climb back to your previous ELO. Hopefully I'll end up in Gold IV for the third time in a row :P

Realised you play in LAS. I have not seen many fellow latin american players here.
And coincidentally I'm 2-1 unranked aswell. Perhaps the illuminatti have something to do about this...
Hi there! Haven't seen many LAN/LAS players either. I figured a lot of people use salsalol, so that might be sucking them away :|
Good luck with those placements! We'll see who ends up higher >:^D
theyouiporit
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 1:07pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Hi there! Haven't seen many LAN/LAS players either. I figured a lot of people use salsalol, so that might be sucking them away :|
Good luck with those placements! We'll see who ends up higher >:^D

Obviously you will. I suck when it comes to ranked play.
I really dislike salsalol. Don't know why.

Zed likes sleeping with the lights off
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 2:17pm | Report
Obviously you will. I suck when it comes to ranked play.
We'll see, we were both Plat V last season so I figured it'd be fun to see how big is the gap if we happen to end up with the same W/L ratio.

I really dislike salsalol. Don't know why.
Same here. Probably because I dislike the spanish-speaking part of the internet in general.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 3:21pm | Report
GAME #4 (link; replay*)

*IDK how this replay link works. Hopefully I did it right.

Today I played my first solo match. After getting 3rd-5th pick jungle three dodges in a row I ended up firstpicking top (I hate firstpicking top). Unfortunately their first pick took Nautilus from me, so I decided to go full roaming Volibear, because I doubt counterpicking him is worth it.

I did an awful lvl 1 trade that took my passive and both Nautilus and I burned flash. I slowly waited until I had a bit more hp and Thundering Smash'd him into my turret for an easy FB before minute 4. After backing I did a deep Teleport into their bot lane, killing Janna and roaming around dragon to net 2 more kills plus the dragon. IMHO that play defined the game :P

The game kept going with me doing borderline ****py Teleports that always somehow netted a couple of kills on our side. Nautilus pretty much always followed me but in the end that ~1 second advantage gave us the fights. Somewhere around 15 minutes their Caitlyn gave up and stayed afk in base. Needless to say, we won.
theyouiporit
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 4:21pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
We'll see, we were both Plat V last season so I figured it'd be fun to see how big is the gap if we happen to end up with the same W/L ratio.

Same here. Probably because I dislike the spanish-speaking part of the internet in general.

RACIST (jk). Anyways I doubt we can end up with the same ratio, since I never win too many games in a row. And I ended with Plat V and 90lp, so it's basically plat IV elo.

Don't forget to Rep+ if my comment was useful!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 4:36pm | Report
In my defense, that sounded less racist in my head xD
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide