Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[EUW] Joxuu's ranked support/adc/jungle thread.

Creator: Joxuu April 21, 2013 7:15am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 8:00am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
P.S: QUESTION FOR JUNGLE MAINERS

What do you do when lane sucks really bad ? Like in the first 6 minutes Lee Sin lost 3 straight 1v1 against Zac and I decided to do 0 ganks top, because he wasn't a carry and I thought we couldn't kill Zacanyways, so I just ganked mid and bottom. So far this has worked, but is this really the ideal situation ?

Well, I'm not Platinum, but I am a jungle main, so here goes.

Obviously it's not really an ideal situation. You don't want any of your lanes to feed if you're jungling. But if one of them is feeding, then most of the time, yes, you just cut them loose and focus on ganking for the rest. This is for a couple reasons:

1.) If that lane is feeding, the odds are that they won't be strong enough to back you up if you do gank. Whether they're too low or just mechanically poor, you're taking a big risk in ganking a fed enemy who has already proven themselves to be better than your laner. Not only is it very unlikely that you'll get anything from it, but you might just end up feeding him a kill on you as well.

2.) Even if you do manage to gank successfully on a feeding lane, odds are that it won't manage to magically make that player suck less. They will probably continue to feed, which will make all of the time that you spent in that lane mean nothing.

3.) If another lane is not feeding, odds are that they will be strong enough to back you up if you come in to gank for them. Not only are you less likely to get killed, but you're more likely to just have the gank end up successfully overall.

4.) Getting gold to players who don't suck is better than getting gold to players who do suck. Ganking for players who don't feed, then, is more productive.

So yeah, generally, ganking for feeding lanes isn't really a great idea. Just cut them loose, tell them to play safe and farm under their tower, to sacrifice CS or whatever, just stay alive, and turn your attention to teammates who aren't trying to hand the enemy the game on a silver platter.

The only real exceptions I can think of are:

- You gank with the intention of taking the shut down gold for yourself and know that you aren't really in any risk of dying.
- The feeder is playing a champion who snowballs extremely hard and just needs one kill to get back in the game.
- You have no other options (e.g. all other lanes are pushed to tower and doing fine).

Other than that, just gank for the not-sucky lanes and soak up any gold and XP you can from whenever the feeder dies again and you get to take their farm.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 8:08am | Report
Platinum ^^

Still happy that I have good MMR, so I will try to go on.
I'll propably make seperate thread as I'll update everything.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide