Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Hi guys it's Duffs :>

Creator: DuffTime February 6, 2013 3:03am
110 posts - page 11 of 11
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 9:44am | Report
Got Diamond 4 ^_^
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 11:11am | Report
only real noobs belong in diamond 4

*high five*
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 11:18am | Report
l0l0ll0l0l0l0lll0l0
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 8:37pm | Report
Stream on! Come hand out in chat! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 12:37pm | Report
I thought that was hilarious with Duff and throat, and completely uncalled for. Funny both of you are currently at the same rank.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 12:36am | Report
He just came out of nowhere and attacked me, I had never had any previous interactions with him.

Shows what kind of person he really is I think :]
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:33am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

He just came out of nowhere and attacked me, I had never had any previous interactions with him.

Shows what kind of person he really is I think :]

He was pissed off at you before he even met you because he'd heard of people talking about your guides on MOBAFire and he thought they were ****, and everyone said you made good guides.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 9:17pm | Report
I half assumed they were secretly duo-queing, but I have watched Duff stream and never see throat. ;)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2013 5:14pm | Report

He was pissed off at you before he even met you because he'd heard of people talking about your guides on MOBAFire and he thought they were ****, and everyone said you made good guides.

I know what upset him, I just can't understand his reaction.

Also, what a **** move to come at a person you have never met like that for any reason.

To be honest, I hardly even play this game lately and I'm D4. It wasn't even really that hard to get here. The only hurdle was my diamond 5 promo so far. I failed it 0/3 two times, started the third promo 0/2, and then 3/0'd the rest of it for the win.

I say this not to brag, but to make a point. I'm pretty fcking good at this game, I have known that since I started playing, but previously I never had the time or the drive to really dive into ranked and get my Elo up. In Season one, the only reason I played rank was to get the J4 skin. I just decided to play ranked until I got to gold and then stopped. Took me about 1-2 weeks I think back then.

So I wrote guides and such in my spare time when I was not home to help people. To grow the community and share the knowledge that I had.

My original guide was revolutionary, written back when NA was still stuck in the ADC mid, APC top, and no support bot lane meta game. I believe it had a large hand to play in helping people understand some of what was wrong with the NA scene at the time and helping them move forward.

Why should a person be criticized for helping others and writing good material? I don't know. It was upsetting and disappointing to say the least, but at the end of the day, I have had more than my fair share of haters after 7 million total guide views. He was just another one, it really makes no difference to me if he's challenger or not, I know who I am and what I am capable of.

I made the claim that I could have been diamond in Season 1, and I will make the claim now that I could have been challenger in Season 3, if I had more time to devote. I know it, there is no doubt in my mind.

That is the kind of confidence that some people, like throatslasher hate. That is the kind of confidence that a hater will hate you for having, because they don't possess that within themselves. That's what I believe. I think he was just mad that he wasn't able to accomplish what I had, that he wasn't the one who wrote the massive successful guides. He was mad that he wasn't the one who got 7 million views, even though he was platinum/diamond and he saw that I was not.

It was an ego issue. His ego got in the way of being able to approach me as a friend, and it hurt him to know that I was more successful than he was and more popular even though my Elo did not reflect that.

Wellp, now I'm just more succesful at everything. We're right in the same bracket, and I have the bigger more famous guides. GG WP.

animorte wrote:

I half assumed they were secretly duo-queing, but I have watched Duff stream and never see throat. ;)

Haha I would never, I don't even know what his IGN is because it's not throatslasher.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2013 6:04pm | Report
Smurfing as ADC trying to learn new role, duo with Vincent Legend! :]

http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide