Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

JIP is going round in circles (Bronze...

Creator: Jimmydoggga 2.0 January 22, 2014 4:21pm
1 2 3 4 5
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 4:21pm | Report
Hey guys!
I'm going to be writing about my ranked thsiseason and my attempt to get back into Silvder 5 from Bronze V (Silver 5 was where I was last season). I went about 3-7 in placements although about 2 of my losses I got stuck with REALLY bad feeders (0-12 Varus, 5-14 Twitch) soill probablybe back in Silver by the end ofthe month.

I dont know what everybody else nows about Bronze, so I thought idmake a tier list too.

God tier: Blitzcrank, Elise, Evelynn, Fiora, Khazix, Lux, Malzahar, Nidalee, Orianna, Riven, Shyvana, Talon, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao
Poor tier: Aatrox, Amumu Akali, Fizz, Jax, Kassadin, Lee sin, Xerath

****py tier: Ashe, Gangplank, Heimerdinger, Master Yi, Malphite, Teemo.

I'll put up more game results as I paly them.

Thanks!

Basically MOBAFire.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 1:06am | Report

Vayne got the first 7 kills of the game, literally just picking up doubles against Jax and Cait, and STILL lost bot lane tower first. Then the enemy team surrendered after all 5 ran up to Leona and I landed an ulti with Vayne following up for the ace.

What I learnt: The game before this our team had to deal with a full ADC build Jax with a Ravenous Hydra and two Bloodthirsters. Any item on Jax? OP.

Basically MOBAFire.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 1:36am | Report
Wait, Yi is bad in Bronze? That's... odd.

Also, that Support Jax too good.

Should've went more AP instead of Morellonomicon. You can get 20% CDR from blue and blue pot, or just some from runes/masteries. You're over-capping by a bit.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 2:01am | Report
Yi fails in Bronze simply because they think their Q instakills people. So you wind up with Yis running in and Qing the enemy team, and then dying instantly afterwards because they only have an infinity edge. They also don't gank either, but no one in Bronze does that anyway.

EDIT: And I don't usually get Morellos after Athenes, I just thought with a 17 kill vayne having 30 sec cooldown on my ult would be funny.

Basically MOBAFire.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 2:19am | Report

Played Tristana ADC, despite having abolutely no idea up to now on how to play Tristana ADC other than a guide by some guy. Darius and Amumu were going to switch, but Darius didn't arrive in time and so it didn't happen, with Darius and Riven still killing each other within about 1 minute of laning, except Riven got the next 4 kills on him. 3rd pick called mid ahead of me, and then decided to play Heimerdinger into Yasuo and farmed about a third of Yasuo's cs because THERE IS NO STOPPING THESE PEOPLE.

EDIT: When Nami starts by saying she'll carry you out of b5, when the only thing she did right all game was land her Q.

Basically MOBAFire.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 3:02am | Report

Dat Janna though.
What I learnt: Xerath/Yasuo is one of the buggiest matchups I've ever seen.

Basically MOBAFire.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 3:05am | Report
Doing the same journey myself, and for the love of everything holy I can't agree with your list. Not even close.

Three of your ****py tier are really easy to carry with in bronze. Yi, Teemo and Gangplank. Will list the reasons.
Yi: rarely if ever is he stopped from farming and can amass huge amounts of farm easily. Even if he isn't a team fight oriented champion he can easily blow up single or even double targets coming to stop him. Add to that enormous split push potential (which people are bad at reacting to in ranked) you got yourself a pubstomper. Best in jungle cause often stopped from farming by fotm tops like Shyvana, Riven and Nasus.
Teemo: One of the strongest early lane bullies with high mobility, good area (later objective) control. He can control his lane from sunup to sundown and get ahead in farm and kills until a shroom takes half hp-bar and you insta-die to a q. Can be played both top and mid with advantage.
Gangplank: early lvls huge damage, good sustainability and you need to chain-cc him into the ground to catch him in lane or insta-burst him. Has as and ms-boost for his team and a global ultimate.

Plus all 3 scale insanely well into late game in a season where games often drag out more than 40 minutes and in a division where people often are bad at closing games.

Wouldn't agree on Malzahar either. He is a strong pick against assassins, and they are scarce in lane now. They come from the jungle mostly and I wouldn't say a pick is strong because it is effective against a few of the junglers. Yes he can push quick, but so can the others strong picks like lux, orianna and ziggs as well.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 3:27am | Report
I think a huge amount of Yi's I see in Bronze seem to have no idea how to carry at all, and seem to just die by Q'ing into a teamfight.

I haven't seen any Bronze 5 people splitpush as of yet, especially when they need to. And if you think GP has teamfight potential and scales well into late game you should see Mundo or Nasus.
I'm not sure about Teemo, but I've played long enough to dislike him, and a lot of people first pick him and have no idea what they're doing.

As for the Malzahar , the last time I played one at about Bronze 1-2 elo, he got a couple of kills off my Lux mid, and started oneshotting our adc 10 minutes after that, so I'm calling him OP.

I don't actually play any of the champs you mentioned but its nice to know your opinion :)

Basically MOBAFire.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 8:28am | Report
What's buggy about Xerath/Yasuo? Xerath's E is the only thing the guy can windwall, and I think at lower elos you can bait it with Q easy.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 8:33am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

What's buggy about Xerath/Yasuo? Xerath's E is the only thing the guy can windwall, and I think at lower elos you can bait it with Q easy.

I played the matchup, nothing buggy there although his mobility is hard to deal with.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide