Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

MrCuddowls' Ranked Journey To Gold

Creator: MrCuddowls September 13, 2012 1:02pm
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:22am | Report
Quoted:

Well, why did you take CV instead of Flash?

global vision every 55 seconds for 4 seconds is invaluable. Flash is overrated on most supports, especially soraka. Very rarily if you find yourself out of position as soraka will a flash save you. I run Exhaust+ Clairvoyance on her. I do run Flash on some champions like Janna or Sona but people think CV makes you lose lane presence, but flash doesn't necessarily make you gain any either
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:26am | Report
you can't play soraka without flash. you'll get caught so often and if the enemy team is running an aggressive support you won't be able to lane.

Don't play Soraka without flash.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:28am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
Flash is overrated on most supports, especially soraka.

??
???
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:28am | Report
It's not exactly 'invaluable', lol.

I'd only consider it on supports that are good at defending themselves like Janna, Alistar or Lulu but even on them Flash is much better tbh.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:43am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
global vision every 55 seconds for 4 seconds is invaluable. Flash is overrated on most supports, especially soraka. Very rarily if you find yourself out of position as soraka will a flash save you. I run Exhaust+ Clairvoyance on her. I do run Flash on some champions like Janna or Sona but people think CV makes you lose lane presence, but flash doesn't necessarily make you gain any either

...uh, well, as you can see from his 10 deaths, the not having Flash really worked out for him, and the Clairvoyance provided plenty of invaluable information that saved him. Especially versus Vayne (who gets movespeed while chasing champions), Taric (who has a stun), and Hecarim (who moves really fast).
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 9:52am | Report
you really think a 400 range (less than the lowest ranged auto attack) is going to save you? I highly doubt a majority of those deaths would be avoided if he had flash.

Khazem wrote:

you can't play soraka without flash. you'll get caught so often and if the enemy team is running an aggressive support you won't be able to lane.

Don't play Soraka without flash.

if you're in a position where you're relying upon flash to get you out, then you ****ed up and were out of position. Flash is a very selfish spell on soraka, you're basically saying I plan on being out of position, on champions like janna or sona i think it's fine for flash ult or ali's flash pulv. However, CV is a team oriented spell, which is what you basically sign up for when you play support
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 10:01am | Report
Out of position? You need lane pressence on a support or your AD carry is going to get zoned and ****ed. You can't just passively sit in the back just because you have no flash. I main AD and I know if I'm against a Soraka (or any support for that matter) who has no flash I will play super aggressive and zone the enemy AD all day because his support can't get anywhere near mine.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 10:02am | Report
http://www.twitch.tv/dicetherice/b/331543021 go to 50th minute

i honestly dont know how you can argue when the evidence is right in front of you.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 10:12am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
you really think a 400 range (less than the lowest ranged auto attack) is going to save you? I highly doubt a majority of those deaths would be avoided if he had flash.

...uh, yes?

It's pretty easy to see based on the scores that Vayne got an early kill on Soraka, then continued to basically farm Soraka and snowballed off of those bottom lane kills. And staying alive is a pretty team oriented thing to do too.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 10:27am | Report
Khazem wrote:

Out of position? You need lane pressence on a support or your AD carry is going to get zoned and ****ed. You can't just passively sit in the back just because you have no flash. I main AD and I know if I'm against a Soraka (or any support for that matter) who has no flash I will play super aggressive and zone the enemy AD all day because his support can't get anywhere near mine.

I'm not seeing how flash gives lane presence. It gives about as much lane presence as CV, 0. I don't play a passive soraka, I play her fairly aggressive, spamming E and encouraging trades. You can afford to lose trades as soraka because your sustain is so much better than any support in the game. If the enemy AD is going aggressive on me, then I've done my job, because I've kept him off my AD.

In regards to getting close, Soraka's Infuse has a 725 range, significantly longer than even Caitlyn's auto attack. I don't need to necessarily get near you

EvilDice wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/dicetherice/b/331543021 go to 50th minute

i honestly dont know how you can argue when the evidence is right in front of you.

that happened because I screwed up the heal, nighthawk was with me and I remember specifically saying, my fault I screwed up the heal. If I had healed it earlier and not through ignite I wouldn't have died.

Was not as much an issue of not having flash

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide