Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

MyLilRafalca's Reach for Gold and Beyond!

Creator: MyLilRafalca
February 28, 2013 9:34am
8 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Competitive Scene » MyLilRafalca's Reach for Gold and Beyond!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyLilRafalca » February 28, 2013 9:34am | Report
Hey all,

Making this more for me and to make myself more accountable and try to learn something from the games I play. If anyone feels like commenting on anything you see in here, I'd love to hear any constructive criticism you have!

A little about me: I'm still a fairly new LoL player, with only 35-40 ranked wins, and just under 150 normal wins. So I'm still learning. I decided to play ranked without having hundred of games under my belt because, well, there is no better way to learn than to try it myself. Worst case scenario - I flop miserably down into Bronze IV or whatever.

Anyway, placement matches went GREAT (8-2), so I placed pretty high. Currently I'm in Silver 1 with 95 LP at the moment. My goal, and really my only goal, is to get gold. I'm so close I can taste it, but I am having alot of toruble getting over the hump. So I'll start off here with what is hopefulyl my last few division games, then maybe if I'm lucky a promotional series!

Here are my last few games. Obviously been getting stuck with support my last few games. It's not my preferred role, but I actually feel like I'm getting much better at it. So that's good. And Lulu is just too fun.
MyLilRafalca's Forum Avatar

MyLilRafalca
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyLilRafalca » February 28, 2013 12:09pm | Report
Not off to a good start. Played 3 games, went 1-2 in them. Pretty bizarre circumstances. First game, guy calls mid, picks Rumble. I'm last pick, think top is open, so I take AD Nidalee. We get in game, and Rumble heads top. When I tell him I thought he was mid, he was like "WTF RUMBLE MID NO", and just kinda harassed me rest of the game about it. I lost mid to a good anivia, bot fed pretty hard, top fed, and well, we lost hah. Just outplayed.

2nd game was actually I think the best game I've played in a LONG time, as far as my skills go. I played Lulu support, finished like 3-4-16 or so, but I felt like i was really contributing a ton, clutch ults, clutch cc, etc etc. But alas, we lost again.

I was gettin pretty bummed, and then I was all set to play Mao jungle. Our first pick though, who had first-picked Garen, saw Nidalee picked on the other team and was like "Eff that, I'm not going top". I made the mistake of saying "I think Garen can do fine against Nid", and he was like "PROVE IT'. So he took Maokai and I went top, and everything turned out ok, as shown. More evidence that its worth the effort to work with the spastic kids. Currently at 90 LP, down a bit, need to win a few!

MyLilRafalca
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyLilRafalca » February 28, 2013 3:16pm | Report
HUZZAH. Got to play jungle jarvan, and felt like i had a good game. Game shoulda been over quickly, we threw a few times by getting caught out of position for no reason. But Kass played well, Nidalee had a terrible attitude but won her lane, and I think we got every dragon + 2 barons.

PROMOTIONAL SERIES HERE I COME! oh god i just wanna be carried.

MyLilRafalca
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by jhoijhoi » February 28, 2013 4:13pm | Report
When you screen shot, try and show the victory/defeat section, as it shows us some interesting information, such as how many League Points you got, and how long the game went for :)

But good luck in your next few games! Looks like you're a really solid player, and I have heaps of respect for you playing with only ~150 normal wins under your belt!
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
Rep: Exalted (1943)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Pheyniex » March 1, 2013 6:16am | Report
you should try to talk more with your teammates about the picks. i can't pick urgot without people thinking i'm adc when i already said i would be top. rumble rarely goes mid though.

Sig made by elenah
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Pheyniex
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (71)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyLilRafalca » March 3, 2013 10:01pm | Report
Thanks for the responses! Haven't posted for a while. I'll definitely include more info in my screenshots. And I definitely try to talk to my team about the picks, the rumble situation was just a bit weird cuz he said "mid" and locked in rumble like immediately after, and i dunno, rumble mid seems fairly common to me actually.

Anyway, FAIL promotional lol. Won my first two games (one was a free one, other team had a DC), exhaled, and then went on to lose 3 straight. Was SO bummed. And the worst part is I played TERRIBLY. I wish I could say I got bad teams or stuff like that, but I definitely did not play well enough to win those games. Try harder next time - although I do feel like my gameplay is really improving every day (though I just FINALLy started smartcasting, and still working out the kinks hah).

Anyway, after my placements, I was majorly on tilt - worse than Evil Geniuses seem to be. I went on a huge losing spree and made the mistake of continuing to queue. I was down to like 20 LP at one point I think. But I'm back up to 90 now, and nothing's gonna slow me down! Hopefully a few more games and I can get another promotional series.

The other good news is that I'm really starting to narrow down my champ pool. As it currently stands, here is what I am playin in ranked:

Jungle: Hecarim, Jarvan, Vi (and actually won a couple games with jungle taric yesterday)
Support: Lulu (my fave champ to play right now - by FAR), Taric, Zyra
Mid: Lux (also loving right now), Rumble, Zyra

I don't really like to play top or ADC, but if I have to it's usually Rumble or Singed top (learning renekton), and ashe or twitch as ADC.

MyLilRafalca
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyLilRafalca » March 18, 2013 8:50am | Report
Just posting an update on this for myself really. Life has been too hectic, had to take a few weeks off from playing, so just getting back into it. Haven't journeyed back into ranked yet, trying to expand my champ pool in normals (which is not going well :( ).

Coming back at 90 LP in Silver 1 still, my normal stomping ground, so hopefully once I start playing ranked again I'll be pretty close to promotional.

MyLilRafalca
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by jhoijhoi » March 18, 2013 2:29pm | Report
90LP is close to promotion, just a few more games and you'll be Gold! Good luck :)
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
Rep: Exalted (1943)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!