Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 8:31am | Report

Was first pick but managed to get one of the last picks to pick me Talon. They picked Oriana. 'Nuff said.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 10:08am | Report
Cause ori felt chalice would counter ad?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 10:15am | Report
That ori is an idiot. She should actually be one of the mages who beats Talon in mid or at least goes even with him.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 10:30am | Report
... I can't believe it. I got carried. Only took 77 games, but hey, not complaining, it happened on the worst game I've had yet in season 3.

I picked Talon to counter Lux, and I thought their comp was Lux mid, Blitz supp and Yi jungle.

We went into the game and it was Lux supp, jungle Blitz, Yi mid.

Lux supp, okay. Yi mid, not as easy as Lux but at least he's not a direct counter... Blitz jungle, okay, so long as he doesn't camp me I should be fi-

3 minute in gank, I die because my flash was down for a reason I can't be bothered to explain.

Okay, I can still do this, I can beat-

Blitz sprints out of the brush mere seconds after I walked onto the lane. Another death.

I hit 6 and tried to get back in the game by ganking. Malph offered me the blue, so I accepted it and told him to gank top with me, as Yorick was directly at our tower, auto-attacking it because Darius was off of the lane. Bam, we hammer into him, he tries to run but he's taken too much damage and is slowed, I Ignite him while his HP is low enough and...! Malphite slams him with rock slam just as he's about to die.

:l

I'm trying to get back in the game, and Malphite steals a kill I could have easily gotten even if I ganked without him? Meanwhile Blitz had ganked bot and aced bottom lane, and lvl 4 Lux was at about 40% HP. AKA, a free kill for moi! I reached there as they were retreating back into their tower, I tried to jump on Lux but she dashed into the brush. Blitz and Graves just did as much damage on me as they could. Knowing Lux would be at the end of a brush and try to snare and sprint to her tower as soon as I went into the brush, and Blitz would then pull me and I'd have to blow my ult with no kill, I flashed directly into the brush, as they wouldn't expect that and I'd be able to silence and kill Lux before she could snare me. I went inside thinking she'd try to make a run for her tower, but it turned out she was actually at the very edge of the brush, and from that distance I couldn't silence her, so even with the surprise at my flash she could still snare me. Blitz pulled me in and Lux just ran into the next brush. I had to ult to stop from dying right then, but I needed an enemy to server as a gap closer to get away from Graves and Blitz, and I didn't have any vision of Lux in the other brush either. My ult ran out before I could get inside of it and kill her + escape, and Graves killed me. That gank was purely my bad, but it was so annoying. All I needed to do at any point of the gank was use cutthroat on Lux and I would have had a kill and survived. But she was out of my E range the entire time, so I had no escape and no kill. :( Well played by her for running towards the other end of the brush rather than remaining at the very edge where she would have been closer to her tower.

So at this point I was 0/3/1, when if things had gone right I would have been 2/2. There was no way in hell I could handle Yi on my own, and Malph of course always seemed to have better things to do than gank mid, who he'd helped set behind. :/

Fortunately though, bot was winning despite the Blitzcrank bottom-lane ace, and Sivir got pretty fed. Darius won his lane too, though he kept giving kills to Blitzcrank. But Sivir's feed was enough to handle Yi, as my burst was still doing some epic damage thanks to my farm. I couldn't take out 100% of his HP on my own, but with my team focusing him too while I had him silenced and my burst doing a huge chunk of damage to his HP bar, he died straight away each teamfight. And he couldn't insta-gib Sivir because of her shield. \o/

So I got carried for the first time in season 3, in the game I needed it most. Hooray!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 10:46am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Cause ori felt chalice would counter ad?

... She did have a Cloth Armor at one point, in her defense. :P

She was pretty stupid though. She got an early kill on me at level 3 due to a Lee Sin gank. ( Again, my jungler didn't even step on my lane a single time until mid-game, but I'm getting used to it ) And so she had enough gold to get a Chain Vest on her first recall, but she stayed on the lane on about 70% HP, so I killed her as soon as I hit level 6.

I ganked top, walked back onto the lane as my ult came off of cooldown and burst Ori from 100% to 0% straight away, I recalled to get a BF Sword and a Brutalizer, walked back onto the lane, but this time she had the Cloth armor.

... And I 100-0'd her again anyway.

Just goes to show that if you get an advantage over Talon, you rush your defensive items, not continue your regular build with a 300 gold defense item.

Quoted:
That ori is an idiot. She should actually be one of the mages who beats Talon in mid or at least goes even with him.

Ori does beat Talon if played well, yup.

But I've played vs probably over 30 Oriana's as Talon, and only ONE has played the match-up well enough to beat me with absolutely no help from her jungler.

Even though I know Oriana beats Talon, I will always pick Talon into Oriana because I know they won't play the match-up properly and I'll crush them like I crush any other mid. :S
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Double assassin comp 2 stronk. It was solo queue and I'd never seen that Akali before, so naturally we didn't co-ordinate our bursts as often as we should have, but when we did it was funny to watch Talon and Akali jump onto Graves and slaughter him.

... Then Talon would use his ult to get out of focus range, and Akali would use her shroud. Epic.

This was probably also the carefulest I've been in laning phase in season 3 as Talon. I'm getting sick of always being the first person the enemy jungler ganks, and the second, and then the 4th, so this time I just didn't bother harassing Ahri much, and used my W to farm minions if last-hitting them would have meant over-extending. I took quite a bit of harass from Ahri that I wasn't able to return this way, but it was worth it, because when Cho unsurprisingly ganked me about 6 minutes in ( and of course, I was the first lane he'd ganked ) I was able to dodge his Rupture with cutthroat, and though Ahri managed to get some free damage on me, Cho didn't even touch me during his gank. Then I hit level 6 and burst Ahri down to 0 from full HP, uehehehehe. I guess playing a little more carefully isn't that bad.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 5:44pm | Report
Skilling order?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 6:58am | Report
W > Q > E
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 7:51am | Report
I really thought q was the way to go for winning trades?

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 7:55am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

I really thought q was the way to go for winning trades?

That's more for a Talon in the top lane. Mid lane Talon isn't about trades; it's about bursting someone's face off.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide