Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 7:02am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

GRATS VAPORA

NEXT STOP: PLAT

It took me 2 months to get from Division I, where I started, to Gold V, so the way I see it, it's gonna take me about 10 months to reach plat. Woop. \o/
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 7:15pm | Report
Carrying Soulzyy, who was 13/11/13 as Akali in this game.

We had a jungle Karma who started at their wraiths and was going to move on to their red, which had me worried about how the game would go. When the wraiths spawned, which had been intending to help her with, rather than run into the middle of them and attack them, she attacked them from as far away as her auto-attack range would allow her, meaning that if I were to walk in and attack the big wraith, I would be focused by every single wraith. **** that. I just let her tank everything and only attacked the 2 small wraiths that were in my reach. It took her so long to kill the wraiths that at 1:55 the big wraith still had about 30% HP left, so I didn't bother helping with red and just went mid already. She complained about me needing to help her do the red, and when I didn't come she said "ok then, I come mid" and laned with me for about 30 seconds. Eventually she gave up trying to troll and went to do the blue.

Soulzyy was top vs Rumble, who I think was beating him in lane. My lane vs Diana was going pretty much even because a gank by Jax which had him flash onto me in a desperate attempt to kill me forced me to waste mana and a tiny bit of HP, so when he left I had nowhere near enough mana to kill Diana. I recalled and got some items, and just through seizing opportunities when they came I snowballed hard, even though for some reason I can't comprehend, my team was flaming me, calling me ******ed and saying I was trolling, all for not coming to fight with them, when they hadn't even got into any fight. They were near the enemy team at one point, but no one took any damage whatsoever. If solo Q didn't limit premades to 2 people, I'd have sworn they were all friends and intentionally trolling me for some reason.

So we didn't actually have any tanks, but I'd told Soulzyy on the loading screen to get some early HP so we wouldn't instantly melt in team-fights. After his Gunblade he bought Rylai's and Sunfire Cape, and I rushed a Warmog's after my BT, rather than go for Last Whisper like I usually do. I was snowballing so hard that I didn't feel like I didn't have enough damage anyway, and I went for Black Cleaver straight after to be even more tanky, so at that point onwards I just didn't die at all, because I had so much damage and was so tanky at the same time.

In team-fights, we won all of them, but the first 3 or 4 were very close team-fights, in which usually only me and Soulzyy were alive, both on ~200 HP. The actual team-fights themselves were pretty funny really, with me and Soulzyy both jumping on Miss Fortune. Their team didn't seem to want to peel us off and instead jumped to attack our carry instead, which meant Miss Fortune instantly died every time, and I didn't even need to use my ult to do it. My ult was reserved for later use when we were cleaning up.

Eventually we caught out Jax on mid, and it resulted in everyone except their Taric dying, and not a single casualty on our team. We pushed to victory.

I'm currently on 25 LP, which I'm not really bothered about as I'm not focusing on climbing just yet. :P
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2013 1:38am | Report

We had a jungle Karma

***********er trying to steal my challenger tier strategy
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 5:00am | Report
I'm not try-harding or playing much anymore, but reached Gold IV anyway. :>

IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 5:26pm | Report
Good step, gj vapora
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 6:57am | Report
Haven't updated this thread in a while so I'll explain what I've been up to.

After getting to Gold IV, I still wasn't bothered about ranked much, so when my friend Soulzyy, who's Silver III, asked me to duo with him, I accepted, 'cuz I wasn't bothered that I wouldn't be gaining much Elo from it. But unfortunately, we won 1, lost 1, won 1, lost 1, won 1, lost 1, won 1 lost 1, over and over again and again. Meanwhile, my LP gains were worrying me. During all those games, my LP was jumping to 22, to 0, to 20, to 0, to 18, to 0, to 16, to 0. Then we lost a game and I got demoted, even though it was the first game I'd lost on 0 LP.

So I told him I wasn't going to duo with him anymore, as the effects it was having on my MMR were incredibly bad judging from the way those LP gains dropped. So I've been playing ranked quite a lot recently because we've got a few days off from school, but basically, my next goal is Plat, but as you can see, there's quite a long way to go from Gold V to Plat, which is why I'm not taking it too seriously yet.

So seeing as I'm not that bothered about reaching Plat yet, rather than getting to Gold IV again I've been reaching promotionals, winning a game, then leaving champ select to cancel them. Reason for this is that you lose LP from leaving a champ select, but not Elo. And by leaving champ select when I'm about to win my promotionals and repeating the process of getting to them, it's putting me ahead of the MMR a regular Gold V player should be on, but keeping me in Gold V, and I'm repeating this again and again.

Doing this doesn't actually give me any advantage, I don't think, but I'm doing it for the psychological effect it will have on me to win 30-40+ LP every game and skipping divisions when I'm trying to trying to shoot for plat.

Here's an example in the form fo my most recent match history:

The first Hecarim game got me into my promotionals, the second one unfortunately lost my first game, the solo top Warwick won my 2nd promotionals game, and rather than jump to Gold IV in the next game like I should have, I dodged champ select and canceled my promotionals.

The Tristana game got me into my promotionals again, the solo top Nasus won my first game, then I dodged, and the Swain game put me into promotionals again. Now I need to win 1 and dodge champ select again, and rinse and repeat. :) *** da system, climbing my own way *****ez.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 8:08am | Report
You should play more with my teleport-smite jungle yi. Wins games, yo.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 8:26am | Report
l0l, dem lane ganks. If I get to 6300 IP I'll consider it. :P

Anyway, either my MMR was simply too high to stay in Gold V or someone left at pretty much the same time as me in the last champ select, because I got promoted to Gold IV even tho I left champion select beforehand.

Kayle, Ez and TF were doing ******ed things. I did wraiths > red > blue and ganked top at level 3 while Jarvan was still 1 and blew his flash, so I went down to do wolves and told Kayle to place her ward so Xin didn't gank her, and I'd gank again after wolves. She didn't listen to me and gave first blood to Xin. 3 times, I pinged bot back because Xin and / or Orianna were ganking bot, and Ez would completely ignore it and engage on them, giving them free kills. At the start of the game Xin scored a double kill on Ez and Janna, but I counter-ganked just as they died and killed him, which got me shut down gold because of his kill on Kayle earlier on.

Later on, TF got ganked by Xin, and even tho I was coming to help and I was fed at the time, rather than fight with me he TP'd into the bot tri-brush, so I had to run from Ori and Xin into our jungle. Ori and Xin went to gank bot, and even though I pinged bot back repeatedly, TF stayed in the tri-brush, apparently waiting for a good moment to gank, so he got killed by Xin and Ori. Then I think they killed Ez, too, because he was too stupid to run back.

I just kept cleaning **** up and ganking lanes though, so at first B I had Boots, Spirit Stone and Ruby Crystal, on 2nd B I had Spirit of the Elder Lizard, on 3rd B I had Spirit Visage, and on 4th B I had Sheen. So yeah, I was pretty tanky while unnkillable at the same time, and I just constantly caught people out and made some good plays, which led to them surrendering after an ace which would have let us push down their inhibitor and then baron.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 9:42am | Report
THE SEARCH FOR MY TRUE ELO CONTINUES, BECAUSE THIS PLACE IS A ****ING STOMP.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 9:58am | Report
I'm pretty sure they changed the way dodging works this patch. It now counts as 1 loss rather than immediately ending your promotional series.

Also I'm not sure whether you think you belong where you're at now (since you say you're not taking plat serious) or whether you think you should be higher (since you mention that the search for your true elo continues) :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide