Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 7:56am | Report
True damage Talon strikes again.

This next game their 5th pick was their mid, and Verus Vox had to pick before them, so I just told him to go with Talon anyway. As expected, they counter-picked themselves. I'm vs Zyra. Will post results afterwards.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 8:22am | Report
Apparently Zyra had told her team she was smurfing, and that's how she was going mid as last pick. I'm guessing she forgot to mention her smurf is 500 Elo.

The game was kinda stupid. I could one-shot Zyra with just a Doran's Blade and a Brutalizer. Not complaining though.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 8:37am | Report
I find it funny how everyone picking an AP has automatically 'counterpicked' themselves, as if there's no way for them to win or just even do well in the matchup.

Also:

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 9:05am | Report
You can win a match-up you counter-picked yourself in, counterpicks aren't a 100% guaranteed win. It's just incredibly stupid to pick a champ who gets 1 shot by me at lvl 6, and not even bothering to pick the most optimal rune page or items against me.

Also, yes, I do like Black Cleavers. :3

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 9:23am | Report
No no, that's not what I'm saying. My point is you say "this guy counterpicked" himself every time someone picks an AP champ. Now I agree he does well against most, but you make it sound like he's a hard counter to all of them. I'm not disagreeing with your stance on whether someone can do well or not in a situation in which they've been countered, I'm disagreeing with the amount of champions you seem to believe Talon counters.

I dunno, maybe your definition of 'counters' is just a bit different than mine (I'm not just talking about being "a good pick", but having a distinct advantage and winning the lane comfortably 9/10 times). Or maybe I just don't see Talon a lot :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Andarun
<Member>
Andarun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 9:28am | Report
hue hue Talon es #1 never lose, always win

Is Black Cleaver passive not unique?

Never mind, those stats are so awesome I see the reasoning in stacking them.
Many thanks to TinyStar for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 10:12am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

No no, that's not what I'm saying. My point is you say "this guy counterpicked" himself every time someone picks an AP champ. Now I agree he does well against most, but you make it sound like he's a hard counter to all of them. I'm not disagreeing with your stance on whether someone can do well or not in a situation in which they've been countered, I'm disagreeing with the amount of champions you seem to believe Talon counters.

I dunno, maybe your definition of 'counters' is just a bit different than mine (I'm not just talking about being "a good pick", but having a distinct advantage and winning the lane comfortably 9/10 times). Or maybe I just don't see Talon a lot :P

I think you just don't see Talon enough. :P He counters almost any mid. The only mids I can immediately think of that counter him are tanky ones, like AP malphite, Mordekaiser, etc. Galio to an extent, but he has to forgoe damage to truly be considered a counter to Talon, seeing as magic resist is useless against him. Aside from those tanky mids, a well played Oriana can crush Talon extremely hard pre lvl 3/4 and leave him too weak to fight her after he reaches those levels, but most Oriana's are unable to do that, I usually pick Talon against Oriana and win the lane easily. But basically, any mid that isn't reasonably tanky, even those such as Diana who are considered extremely strong, are countered by Talon. I go into each game treating this as a fact and crush my lane each time.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 10:22am | Report
Andarun wrote:

hue hue Talon es #1 never lose, always win

Is Black Cleaver passive not unique?

Never mind, those stats are so awesome I see the reasoning in stacking them.

The % Reduction is unique, but each black cleaver applies 1 stack of it, so you reach the full reduction quicker. Other than that, 15 ArPen isn't unique, 250 HP isn't unique, and 10% CDR isn't unique. From 3 Black Cleavers you get 750 HP, 30% CDR, pretty much true damage to the carry, and your ultimate, if it hits the entire enemy team, reduces their armor by 22.5%. If they get hit by your ultimate a second time it gets reduced to 30%. That, combined with Last Whisper and 45 flat ArPen, as well as whatever ArPen you bring into the game with runes / masteries, leaves you dealing true damage to carries and near true damage to tanks.

It's getting nerfed to Unique passive in the next patch though, so abuse it now while you can.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 10:38am | Report
Also, in this last game, even after I told our team I would go mid but was picking for Verus, our 2nd pick locked in Diana, and so I had to go top. I crushed Teemo in kills and CS, but bot fed, Diana fed Galio and fed bot whenever she tried to gank it. Diana used to be 1710 Elo but claimed she dropped that much Elo because she played a lot while drunk. Yet she 2nd picked mid and got countered.

At one point we had a chance to win after we managed to sneak in a baron. When our Inhibitor respawned and they immediately started attacking it, I charged at Ez with Ghost and my ult on, and Ez + 2 others spent a good amount of time trying to kill me before I killed him. I don't know how long but my ult had already run out by the time I died, so it should have been enough time for my team to at least have done something. But after dying, when I looked at what the rest of my team was doing, they were chasing Leona. Was our only chance of winning and we blew it. GG.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 1:11pm | Report
What. The. ****. Okay, my first defeat as Black Cleaver Talon, and it's to a Malady Kassadin. I don't even fkin know how.

Okay, so I fb'd Kassadin at lvl 5, then went bot for a gank as soon as I got my ultimate. Their corki was full HP from Sona's heals, and after I'd burst him he had about 200 HP, and had to recall. I went back mid to find Renekton there. I recalled and ganked Kass top where Kennen was fighting him, then went back onto my lane just as Renekton went back top, assuming me and Kennen were switching lanes, like I'd hoped he would think. I was against Kass again and killed him again, and then they switched again. Both Renek and Kass were extremely underleveled because of this, but Corki was high in CS and was 2/0. So when the first teamfight rolled out, I killed Corki, then as I was running from some others, I got killed by Kassadin for a quadra kill. Next teamfight he scored a triple, then another. I absolutely no clue as to how he was managing to do this so underleveled and underfed, but I decided to start focusing him in teamfights. Except he now had a GA, as well as a RoA, a deathcap, and malady. Not that the malady matters, but the GA and the RoA made killing him quite complicated. So in the end we lost what should have been a free win, and I don't ****ing even understand how.

Next game:

Had the pleasure of countering another Diana.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide