Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Wintermond in Season 3: Ranked soloq and Stuff

Creator: Wintermond
January 13, 2013 9:57am
71 posts page 1 of 8 Forums » Competitive Scene » Wintermond in Season 3: Ranked soloq and Stuff
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wintermond » January 13, 2013 9:57am | Report
What's up fellows, I'm back in the game!

After playing Dota2 instead of League for some months now, I just had to return to this game. Looks like I really can't do without it. :P
I still play both games and am more than glad for the experience and skill Dota 2 gave me, and I would highly recommend everyone to give Dota 2 a shot. If you want a key, just shoot me a pm.

Much like my old thread I will post my match results here, reflect on games, share my thoughts about the game and answer any questions regarding my matches or the game.

The Goal:
Challenger Tier

Current League: Diamond Division IV

Last update: 08.04.2013

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Wintermond's Forum Avatar

Wintermond
<Scout>
Rep: Prominent (189)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by xIchi » January 13, 2013 10:29am | Report
Haha, so obvious. So just need to get back to your old Elo :P
xIchi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
xIchi
<Referee>
Rep: Memorable (65)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Pheyniex » January 13, 2013 10:30am | Report
DUDE.... good luck! =)

Sig made by Tamy
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Pheyniex
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (71)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by JohanWedelwww » January 13, 2013 10:42am | Report
good luck :D
JohanWedelwww's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
JohanWedelwww
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (1)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » January 14, 2013 6:58am | Report
Hope you keep playing Dota 2, I still need some help with that :P

gl in ranked though, hope you don't get stressed lol.

Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wintermond » January 14, 2013 9:37am | Report
Solo Queue Malphite

Runes: MPen Red, HP/Lvl Yellow, Mres Blue, Flat AP Quints

Masteries: 21/9/0

Conclusion:Played some Malphite mid, he's probably a free elo pick right now due to his sheer teamfight destruction power, high base damage and pretty good scalings. He can win most matchups mid and is a great pick for top and jungle, too.

I played some Ranked yesterday with Leona and Riven and lost games simply because I was tired and exhausted due to my bronchitis. Never force yourself to play!

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Scout>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wintermond » January 14, 2013 10:22am | Report
Solo Queue Akali

Runes: 7xFlat AD; 2xMpen Red, HP/Lvl Yellow, Flat AP Blue, Flat AP Quints

Masteries: 30/0/0

Conclusion: It's been a long time since I played Akali. Their mid pick was Swain and I didn't really know what to pick against him, so I went for Akali in hopes of winning lane at lvl 6 with my burst vs his sustain. I usually would've picked Riven, but Swain is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, heroes against her.
I played the lane quite passively in the early levels, staying back and last-hitting with Q and shroud. I really just waited for Shaco to gank to score a safe kill and snowball from that. I rushed a Hextech Revolver for sustain, followed by a Deathfire Grasp because I wanted to maximize my burst on single targets. I roamed around the map, picking up kills right and left and ended up quite fed, so I was able to basically oneshot their carry. I'm quite satisfied with my play since it's been quite a while that I've played Akali and I faced a lane I usually struggle against.

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Scout>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Luther3000 » January 14, 2013 11:04am | Report
ehhrmahgerd winter <3
Luther3000's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Rep: Esteemed (440)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wintermond » January 14, 2013 11:26am | Report
Oh snap, I accidentally overwrote my Riven game with the Akali game because I wanted to use the Riven one as a template for my Akali post but forgot that I was still editing it when I wrote the Akali one. damn.

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Scout>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Pheyniex » January 14, 2013 12:03pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

ehhrmahgerd winter <3

ehhrmahgerd, swain's ign.

Sig made by elenah
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Pheyniex
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (71)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!